collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weather Wallop  (Read 1771 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Wallop
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »
Can't say we've had anything severe up here. However, going from 28F to 71F within a day is quite interesting.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:14 AM »
Can't say we've had anything severe up here. However, going from 28F to 71F within a day is quite interesting.

Where I live I've seen it go up to 81 - 83 degrees one day, and I woke up to snow on the ground the next.

A year or so in the western part of the state they went from 90 degrees plus temperatures to an ice storm in less than two days time.

But they tell me the weather is just fine... Nothing strange here... Nothing to worry about. lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
New Zealand is having very early and VERY cold weather at the moment.  :brr: It's only just autumn and we've got snow!! :snow: It's 9C at the moment but sitting by glass doors at the office makes it feel much colder!!  :(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/67730804/antarctic-chill-continues-over-new-zealand

Those who want safe weather should live in NZ. We have erratic and changeable weather but only once (in my lifetime) have we had tornadoes.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »
Those pictures in KY are sweeet!  :blush:

As crazy as i sound, I really love bad weather. Plus, snow, tail, ice, tornado, etc I get PAID overtime to call in for bad weather-as long as it makes headlines on local news im good. Tornadoes do not frighten me at all. Google Van Wert tornado EF4. I think it was in like 2002ish and I specifically remember it was the day AFTER my birthday and my mom brought over our friends for my party lol we spent it in the basement which was REALLY close to the movie theater. So yeah I was IN that when i was about 11 years old and i wasnt scared even though my home was destroyed. Also, there was a Muncie, Indiana tornado I was stuck in as a kid- my mom was driving us out to look at some cars and we stopped by an olive garden. On the way home which was a looooong drive out in the country, we saw several tornadoes and had to take shelter near a ditch. I actually saw the tornado and it was wicked awesome!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:51:45 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 08:10:22 PM »
New Zealand is having very early and VERY cold weather at the moment.  :brr: It's only just autumn and we've got snow!! :snow: It's 9C at the moment but sitting by glass doors at the office makes it feel much colder!!  :(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/67730804/antarctic-chill-continues-over-new-zealand

Those who want safe weather should live in NZ. We have erratic and changeable weather but only once (in my lifetime) have we had tornadoes.

I didn't even know that New Zealand had snow (especially not early in autumn!) but what do I know? The way the Southern hemisphere works just kind of confuses me, to be honest. It shouldn't, but I don't know... lol

BTW, I love your avatar and signature! So cute!

Those pictures in KY are sweeet!  :blush:

As crazy as i sound, I really love bad weather. Plus, snow, tail, ice, tornado, etc I get PAID overtime to call in for bad weather-as long as it makes headlines on local news im good. Tornadoes do not frighten me at all. Google Van Wert tornado EF4. I think it was in like 2002ish and I specifically remember it was the day AFTER my birthday and my mom brought over our friends for my party lol we spent it in the basement which was REALLY close to the movie theater. So yeah I was IN that when i was about 11 years old and i wasnt scared even though my home was destroyed. Also, there was a Muncie, Indiana tornado I was stuck in as a kid- my mom was driving us out to look at some cars and we stopped by an olive garden. On the way home which was a looooong drive out in the country, we saw several tornadoes and had to take shelter near a ditch. I actually saw the tornado and it was wicked awesome!

Yeah... No. I love 'bad' winter weather. Freezing rain, sleet, snow - whatever, I always hope we'll get hit by the worst and that the temperatures will drop enough where everything actually gets slick. Warm weather storms, though? Much more dangerous and scary. I can't stand even thinking about them.

And yet I live in Tornado Alley. *sigh*

Lucky you in terms of work. I have never gotten off for weather. But then again, we haven't had a *real* winter storm since early 2011, and that was over a year before I started working, so...

|My Collection|

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 08:34:17 PM »
Snow is, or should I say was, unusual (at least in the lower half of the country). Last time we had snow this early was back in 1992 which went on to be the coldest winter NZ ever had. It seems we get it more often in winter now than ever before. Most of the time we just get rain, hail and sleet. I think our weather compares to Britain as a Northern hemisphere equivalent.

My want list.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »
If anyone has some spare rain, send it over! We're heading for a bad drought this year; I haven't seen anything except the odd thunderstorm and a few light showers. Last April the creeks were swollen, water was everywhere and we could barely get out of our (dirt/gravel) driveway.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 11:12:21 PM »
We've been that way all summer, not quite an official drought but close enough that the farmers have had a very bad time of it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for rain.

My want list.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 03:00:22 AM »
We've been in a stage 2 drought for a few years here. I can kind of believe it because of the lack of rain but the trees and grass are dark green and its not that hot LOL.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:03 AM »
We are flooding! And it's going to be raining for over a week! Joy! *glares in annoyance*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 07:14:02 AM »
We are flooding! And it's going to be raining for over a week! Joy! *glares in annoyance*
Send your rain here! I love the rain

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
You are welcome to it! I'm so sick of rain at this point.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »
If anyone has some spare rain, send it over! We're heading for a bad drought this year; I haven't seen anything except the odd thunderstorm and a few light showers. Last April the creeks were swollen, water was everywhere and we could barely get out of our (dirt/gravel) driveway.

I'm sure we'll have plenty of rain to spare soon, so I'll send it your way!  Fun fact: It actually rains more days out of the year here in Pittsburgh than it does in Seattle (granted the numbers are still very close), yet Seattle is the city that's known for having a ton of rainy days! :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
We're only kind of just getting it here in GA. I think we supposedly broke some kind of record by not having a tornado until now? Something like that? But today has been a very stormy day all across the state.

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »
*passes on the rainclouds* its nice but I want to have some sunny days again. I don't mind the rain at night but no thunder/lightning it makes me jump every time. :stressed:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal