collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst work story!  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst work story!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »
I get peed on, on a regular basis... And sometime my patients wanna eat me!

Sounds like me ;) I get to deal with pee, poop, and vomit everyday. I am also a vet tech.  Don't even get me started on my boss and office manager and all the workplace drama crap- you wouldn't believe me if told you anyway- yeah it's that bad. But besides all of that crap, one of my worst days was when this very mean German Shepherd escaped out the front door. Oh course it had to happen on the hottest day if the year, too. Three of us went after it. At first it dodged in and out of a busy road and none of the cars seemed to care. We work next to a place that makes concrete/ cinder blocks so the dog ran in there and we had to chase it down long and high rows of cinder blocks. I was on side of the cinder block wall and my co-worker was on the other side of it when the German Shepherd started to chase her down the row- and this was not a friendly dog. I could hear her yelling, but I couldn't see around the wall of cinder blocks. Finally we caught the dog and we had to walk it with 2 leashes/ poles pulled taunt on either side because it kept trying to lunge at us.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 04:36:33 PM »
Sukey do we work at the same place... I just went threw some major drama at my job and today I accepted a new job because of it.  Actually my coworkers are amazing.  It was issues with the office managers and owners.

Ahh yes the escaping dog.  Have had that happen twice because the owners put the collars on too loose!

How about a exploratory surgery that turned out to be a used maxi pad...  That had been sitting in the dogs stomach for two days.  The smell was so rancid!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 06:37:11 PM »
Sukey do we work at the same place... I just went threw some major drama at my job and today I accepted a new job because of it.  Actually my coworkers are amazing.  It was issues with the office managers and owners.

Ahh yes the escaping dog.  Have had that happen twice because the owners put the collars on too loose!

How about a exploratory surgery that turned out to be a used maxi pad...  That had been sitting in the dogs stomach for two days.  The smell was so rancid!

Yes, it sounds like we do work at the same place! I think the job is stressful enough without all the drama crap!

Oh my goodness(about the maxi pad)! We've had a few where a dog had eaten underwear.

The German shepherd dog actually lunged at one of the techs and ran to the front door that pushes open and it opened the door itself!

We had a cat escape from an owner's car once- I think they put the cat in the trunk without a carrier- we couldn't find it :( Now why would someone do that!?!!

I had been looking for another job, but no luck :( I have been there for 10 years, I don't get paid very much and I don't always get treated well either :( There has been so many times that I almost walked out- it isn't the easiest place to work.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:53:26 PM by Sukey »

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 09:03:56 PM »
The only time I have not given a two week notice, in fact I quit the very next day. As in walked into work at the start of my shift, went over to the managers office. Told him "I quit" and walked out.

I was working at Pet Co as a bather/brusher, the one who bathed the dogs and preped them for the groomers. Had no problem with the animals, it was the people. Not the owners, my co-workers. Or more specifically my assistant manager. When she was on duty, she would leave me to close down the grooming area at night. Which I wasn't supposed to do as a b/b. Or and this is what caused me to quit, schedule a bunch of large breed dogs (50 pounds +) first thing in the morning. Before her or anyone but myself was in the shop. She was expecting me to get them into the wash tubs by myself. We had a ramp that the dogs could walk up but per company policy. I shouldn't have been left alone to deal with them or handle them alone.

I nearly put my back out and had to have someone from the store, come help me get a dog out of the tub one morning. It was a sweet dog, thank goodness. I felt sorry for him and hacked off at my asst. manager for pulling that crap. After the first booking, I spoke to her privately and she brushed me off.  Second, third, and that fourth time I was done.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 08:44:50 AM »
The day someone got arrested for murder...seriously HR nightmare :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 03:14:36 PM »
I've worked retail for years so I have plenty of stories, but the worst one happened last fall. I work at a movietheatre and besides selling tickets and concession we also have to check the toilets, refill papers and soap etc. One evening it was just me and two coworkers when a customer came up saying it smells really bad of poop from one of the stalls in the ladies restroom. Me being the only female staff on duty had to check it out. Turned out somebody had pooped on the floor and smeared it allover and finally left a nasty pile of toiletpaperpoop at the wall. Considering the day of the week and time in the evening it had to be an adult doing that. I was also the one who had to clean it up.. I can easily say I've never hated my life or people as much as I did that evening.

Yep! Been there and cleaned up similar.

I worked in retail for 15 years and most of my stories are REALLY gross and not PG13.

It is beggars belief what customers do and get away with :mad: :X

Love pkw xxx

I can actually say that is rather tame as to what I've had to clean up at work.

I'm a house keeper at a nursing home, all I am going to say is take that scenario up there, add: Down the hall, into TWO other rooms, another bathroom, another room plus bed.

I have even worse stories but I shall refrain.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 07:16:14 PM »
I worked retail off and on for five years. And heard the horror stories of having to clean up the dressing rooms. Or the bathrooms. It always left me wondering what gets into people, to do that stuff.  :blink: Plenty of the stories are not PG13, so I won't say anything.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
I really didn't have any work horror stories... until about a week and a half ago.

I work in a book warehouse. This particular day I was working in my favorite location - the Disney books.  :biggrin: My job is to take the books out of plastic totes and put them in a VERY large cardboard box. And you can't just throw the books it. They have to be stacked in there neatly. We have different patterns we use for different books. The Disney location is one of the hardest because the books are all different shapes and sizes. I've been doing this job for ten years so I've developed a system. I am very good at building safe, sturdy pallets that won't fall apart when a forklift moves them.

On this day I had been at it by myself for a couple hours. Then another worker came over to help me. She's only been here for maybe a month. This was my first time interacting with her. Well, her "help" really wasn't helpful. She was putting the book in all wrong. Everything our supervisor tells us NOT to do, she was doing. I gently tried to instruct her on the correct way to pack the books. She starts screaming and cussing at me! Telling me that she knows what she's doing, that she's doing it right and that I have no business telling her how to do her job! :shocked: Since she wasn't going to take my advise or follow my lead, I decided to just fix her mistakes as she made them. That didn't last long. She started screaming and cussing at me for touching her books! She said I was doing it just to make her mad. (That's not the words she used. The mods won't let me use the words that she used.) Finally she stormed off to another location and I was able to clean up her mess in peace. But that wasn't the end of it. I got moved to the location she stormed off to. When I got there, she flipped me the finger!!!  :shocked:

My supervisor wasn't at work that day. But the next morning she got an ear full about what happened. She had a little chat with my coworker about her... less than stellar behavior. Then last week, I saw the same girl getting another talking to. She's not going to last long. I'll be glad when she get fired. She scares me!  :yikes:

sailorstitch

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »
I don't work now, but my jobs did have some stories.
So, my very first job was waiting at a playhouse theater. The entire job was a bad story, getting eight tables at once, balancing 20 drinks on a tray while walking along tiered floors that gave you about two inches to walk, in the dark, and trying not to be seen. and then cleaning the entire room in 15 minutes or less. What  I didn't know then is that I had a couple of disorders that liked to kick in at the same time: a vocal cord dysfunction and another that makes my stress turn into physical symptoms. So I'd be driving home 12 at night, with my voice gone, throat swelling to close off air, and then start having paralysis and mock seizures. I learned that a bit of popcorn could stave off an attack, but I decided for my health and the health of anyone else on the road with me, I should quit XD

My next job was at a pasta house, which was normally awesome, though I did have to clean up gross things. I went there on a day off and just as my family and I were getting up to pay, I hear one of my coworkers fall down the flight of stairs. Glasses and plates she was carrying broke on the way down and were imbedded in her arm. I was actually really glad we were there so that we could take her to a doctor and my parents could go fetch her parents.

I then switched to being a child photographer. Before my Manager went on maternity leave she'd promised she'd make me full time. The replacement manager ignored her wishes, and started making someone else full time, and started enforcing rules I'd never heard of and ignoring rules that the company was very strict about (like no animals in the shooting booth). At one point I went to the hospital, my mom called them to tell them I wasn't going to be there, as I was screaming in pain and might be seriously ill. Later, on my birthday I got a call saying "Hey, glad you're better, you're fired :D" Apparently my last manager had never switched my status from "Seasonal" to "permanent." This allowed them to fire me, even under the circumstances of me thinking I was dying. I had to explain that I had been hired for Father's day and it was half a year later, in January. They let me work again, but I got the feeling I wasn't wanted so I found my next job. A few months later they went under without any warning, so I guess I was lucky!

I miss the last job I worked though. It was a not-for-profit insurance company, so we actively tried to get as much paid as we could. But I'm in training, like second day on the job, and I get a call on why someone working as a surrogate isn't covered. I didn't know this, but apparently when you adopt a baby or have a surrogate, the adopting family is supposed to pay the mother's bills. But they didn't want the family adopting to pay, they wanted the insurance company to pay, which got into so much random legal stuff that after like three hours trying to work it out with him I finally got one of our lawyers to explain it all :/ I like to think that having a hard time off of the bat made me such a great worker there. But my health kept declining, so I had to leave. I miss it a lot : <

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 09:06:38 AM »
Tittering obese man trying to corner me and get handsy with my person while I was just trying to sell chocolate. :/  It sucks being a captive audience in retail land.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 09:42:36 AM »
OMG. I have one!!! XD

I work overnights at Walfart, er.... Walmart LOL and our Co-Manager became head over overnights where he works 4 straight days and then has 4days off, pattern continues. He is your stereotypical african-american business man in a suit that HATES germs or anything gross. He really favors me because I knock all the freight out fast and work multiple areas, then I "zone" or tidy up those areas. I work about 2-4 depts a night like Grocery isles, HBA, toys, stationary/crafts, and even electronics. He calls me a super worker, both my husband and I. As some you know im veg which means I have a HIGH fiber diet and I continously eat. Inbetween my two hour breaks, I usually HAVE to go poop. At least once every 4 hours or so. Well Mr. Manager, lets call him K, loves to stand in electronics all day and have us call extensions via the work phone to see how we are doing versus walking around. He ALWAYS paged me over the intercom to call extension 105   alllll the time when I was pooping. Yup. See.... electronics is right next to the closest bathroom and I know that he sees me RUN to the bathrooms when i got the diglets. One time I was going to the bathroom and he paged me several times. I got fed up. I walked up to him and said, "K. Hows come everytime I go to the bathroom to poop, you page me!? This is the 5th time in a row! I cant pinch that fast! You know I eat nothing bit grass and stuff so from now on if you see me run to the bathroom please dont page me." He had this gross, discusted look on his face and said," Lord forbid I know what you are doing in there or I wouldnt page you! Im sorry!"

So he stops paging me and continues to page everyone else... "so-and-so call ext 105".....over the intercom. Once I was working in infants which is next door to electronics and he actually would walk to my dept and ask how im doing with the freight in person because he didnt know if I was pooping or not and didnt wanna call me. Weeelllll...... i had NO idea he was standing next to me when I was bending over to stock the sippy cups and I let a ripe juicy one loose. Yup. A big nasty fart. I just went to the restroom before and did my business so it was loud and proud. I hear K all of a sudden say, "UH thats NASTY!"  and makes a gross face and runs off. I BUST out laughing so hard. He NEVER bothered me again. EVER! I actually saw him working at another store today LOLOLOLOL maybe I scared him off! The other employees always talk about how I farted near him without me noticing LOL. I never got in trouble at all either for any of that LOLOLOL.

Not very princess-like to fart  in public that that but I thought I was alone, I SWEAR! xD

Hahaha that is a really good story.  He TOTALLY deserved that!  What an ass for paging you everytime he saw you run for the bathroom- he probably thought you were primping or slacking and wanted to get you out of there. I'm sure he just wanted to implode when you told him what you were doing!  And then farting right in front of him! hahahaha -- you totally gave him PTSD.  Dude needs to get the stick out of his rear...

Post Merge: April 06, 2015, 09:46:38 AM

Hmm-  as for my worst work story-

Well now I work as an attorney- so my worst days are usually when a sexist mean jerk-face attorney or judge gets in my face and yells at me.  I am pretty strong now, but when I first started this game (10 years ago) I used to burst into tears- it was SO mortifying!  Now I just gnash my teeth and give as good as I get.

Back when I was a nurse and before that a nurses aid,  I had a lot of bad days- and most of them involved poop or patients (usually with dementia) getting a little to handsy.  Once this old guy tweaked my nipples! I was so shocked!  Don't miss those days that's for sure...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:47:13 AM by Galactica »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »
I've worked retail for years so I have plenty of stories, but the worst one happened last fall. I work at a movietheatre and besides selling tickets and concession we also have to check the toilets, refill papers and soap etc. One evening it was just me and two coworkers when a customer came up saying it smells really bad of poop from one of the stalls in the ladies restroom. Me being the only female staff on duty had to check it out. Turned out somebody had pooped on the floor and smeared it allover and finally left a nasty pile of toiletpaperpoop at the wall. Considering the day of the week and time in the evening it had to be an adult doing that. I was also the one who had to clean it up.. I can easily say I've never hated my life or people as much as I did that evening.

I worked in retail for 15 years and most of my stories are REALLY gross and not PG13.

Love pkw xxx

You know, working with kids or elderly it's kind of expected. My boyfriend works at a nursinghome and can tell stories of diarreahparties that would make people throw up listening to. But we two were talking retail where poop on the floor is not a daily business and not what we expect to deal with and I think you calling our stories lame is kind of rude considering our different workenviroments.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 01:07:59 PM »

Love pkw xxx

You know, working with kids or elderly it's kind of expected. My boyfriend works at a nursinghome and can tell stories of diarreahparties that would make people throw up listening to. But we two were talking retail where poop on the floor is not a daily business and not what we expect to deal with and I think you calling our stories lame is kind of rude considering our different workenviroments.

To be fair, she said "tame" not "lame". And I really don't think she was meaning it in a rude way, at all.

|My Collection|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 03:09:05 PM »
I had two notable problems when I was working.
The first at about 16 at the local shop working Saturday mornings for a paltry £2.18 an hour (1996, not a good wage). They had a book for regular customers to pay off their bill at the end of the month. One busy day someone bought a basket worth of stuff then wanted it put in the book so I took out the receipt and went to put it in the book. A that point my boss hurried me up to deal with the next customer in the long queue so I put the receipt on the coin tray. Once the queue was gone he came back and asked what that receipt was for. By then I couldn't remember who's it was. He said I had to remember or it'd come out of my pay. I got a little over £8 a day and this bill was for £18. I racked my brain and checked the book realising it had to be this one woman who'd come in but that didn't have a recent receipt listed. I tried to explain to my boss but I couldn't vocalise very well at that age. I gave my notice the following Monday and luckily only had to work one more day. He got me to recommend someone who might like the job so I told this other girl from college... She's still working there 19 years on!

At my other job at a pet shop. They had weekend staff so I just worked weekdays but I happened to need pet food so popped in on the Saturday. It was a very hot weekend and the shop was in a greenhouse. The weekend girls hadn't opened the windows or turned the fans on so I mentioned to them that they should. I came in on the Monday and knew for sure they hadn't done anything about that. We had a family of 5 Degus for sale. They'd all died from the heat poor little things. So I had to deal with that.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »

Love pkw xxx

You know, working with kids or elderly it's kind of expected. My boyfriend works at a nursinghome and can tell stories of diarreahparties that would make people throw up listening to. But we two were talking retail where poop on the floor is not a daily business and not what we expect to deal with and I think you calling our stories lame is kind of rude considering our different work enviroments.

oh jeez, TAME TAME not lame, I know for you guys who don't deal with it on a daily basis its  reallly bad day for you!

i'll just ..stop commenting on anything.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal