collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst work story!  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst work story!
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 03:54:33 AM »
Some of these stories!

A lot of mine aren't ones I should share - either because of my boss's virulent racism or the fact that bullying in the workplace is just depressing to remember.

But there was one... For a brief bizarre period I worked for a landscaping company that was the Worst Company Ever.

I was his 'secretary' which meant I scheduled their jobs and time sheets and carried a cellphone around to answer for him. He expected me to work 9-5 and only wanted to pay me 3 hours a day and implied heavily I was being greedy when I wanted paid actual time scheduled.

Okay, so during this job:

He was actually fully scheduled with no room for new clients for at least four months. I was under orders to tell anyone who phoned that he would get to them immediately. The same people would phone every day, getting increasingly freaked out. I am pretty sure my soul is tarnished from that, even if I did HEAVILY IMPLY if it was incredibly important it be done that weekend for a wedding they might want to find someone else.

He insulted me for 'driving like a girl' whatever that means.

He told me gas would be paid for because he lived thirty minutes away from me and wanted to come over every day. Eventually he said only if I went to this one specific station he didn't tell me about for weeks and even then it didn't work.

I was collecting the timesheets and came across him yelling curses at his cellphone. It turned out that the bank had denied him a loan to pay us and that was his response.

He was ranting at me one day for something very trivial, like being unable to get him to pick up when I had a message for him. I can't quite remember. But what I do remember was going 'aaaand I think I quit'

He didn't pay me for my last two weeks of work.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal