collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Story of Seasons  (Read 4341 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Story of Seasons
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
I've gotten blue flowers on Fritz. Purple on Raeger and Mistel and have seen Fritz's 2 events and the others firsts. Buuuut, I'm after Klaus :freak: He's so hard to gift for at the moment. I've been giving him any extra topaz and peridot I find but I still haven't triggered his first flower event. Grr :P

I just unlocked Cabin Country, woo! So now I have a sheep and am just a few days away from building my sewing shed. All I needed was the wool. I'm also reigning over three public fields.

This game is a lot of fun but it really doesn't feel like Harvest Moon to me. Maybe that's because the only ones I've played were older versions when things were a lot different. I don't know. Still blows my mind every time I harvest something that the whole plot just up and puts itself into a little bin right there :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 03:38:11 PM »
I'm about ten hours into the game and I am enjoying it. This and AnB haven't really felt like traditional HM games to me. I think it's because Wada left as a developer and there are new people on the team. Still, I think I will enjoy this game and I look forward to unlocking more things. After all, it has kept my attention for ten hours and that's good!

I'm thinking about going for Klaus. I'm at the beginning of summer year 1 so it's hard to gift him right now. I have Mistel at a purple flower because I am kind of interested in him too. Decisions, decisions.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 09:54:11 PM »
I'm going after Mistel. :blush: He kinda reminds me of the hero in one of my novels, and I unwittingly made the heroine of that novel my SoS character, so... Yeah. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 09:57:24 PM »
I have been wanting to try this out. I will look I to it. ^.^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »
I've played over 70 hours so far :lookround: I'm not addicted, I swear :P I'm in Summer Year 2. Still settled on Klaus but I haven't hit the gift requirement for a reverse confession yet. Mistel is interesting though, isn't he? He's so not like how he looks.

I do have a few complaints about the game, but not many-

-The inability to place objects next to the outer fence of your farm. There is a huge empty space that just annoys me. Also the footprint of your house is huge and you can't place anything near it.

-Speaking of the outer fence, I don't think there is a way to change it? Is it forever going to be a mishmash of wood and stone?

-Lack of different dialogue with the bachelor/ettes!! Klaus has red flowers and still asks me if I've toured the town when I talk to him at the Trade Depot. I think the freaking Harvest Sprites have a bigger variety of things to say on a day-to-day basis.

-The endless trash in the river. Even when using King Bait I still get trash.

-Why can't I put refrigerators outside?! They are cluttering up my house. I like that they stack but I don't want 5 of them crammed in every corner. I wish there was a storage building or a big shed or something you could put all your boxes and bins and stuff in.

Other than that, I'm pretty much in love with the game. At first when I read that some things don't unlock until year 4, I thought that was a little crazy, but honestly there is sooooo much to do, I don't see myself getting bored. I'm working on shipping what I need to unlock the last two vendors while growing small numbers of crops and raising their stars. Flax keeps me financed but it certainly isn't breaking the game for me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »
I just started playing this, actually ^^ I'm not sure who I'm going to go for as a husband yet, I really think Nadi is cute though! Thanks for the breakdown of the slight annoyances, BlackCurtains. I'm glad to hear it stays interesting, I know I have no shortage of things to do in the game right now :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 02:14:47 PM »
Sorry to bump up an older thread. I am wondering if anyone is still playing? This game has been keeping me away from the Arena! I'm 30 hours into it and have been playing everyday for hours. I can see myself easily sinking in many more hours. I'm still debating on Klaus or Mistel. I really like Klaus's looks but I hear he acts like too much of a father to you. I like how Mistel has a naughty personality. I wanna pick soon, though....

My Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 10:08:21 AM »
Oh yes, me! I haven't been this into a game in a long time. I've got you beat by 100 hours or so :lookround: I'm just about to start Year 3.

I was sure I wanted Klaus but then something funny happened. Since he's so hard to gift in the beginning, he was a bit behind the other bachelors, who I kept gifting too. I gift everyone. So I wasn't keeping track of how many gifts because when I started playing I didn't know I should. I wanted the reverse confession so I kept the ring in my rucksack.

Every weekend I would visit Klaus hoping the event would trigger. It never did and I would go on with my day... which of course included socializing around town. I walk into the Antique Store one day after another not-confession-from-Klaus and - Mistel's confession triggers XD

He's just too adorable to refuse. So I'm dating Mistel now. No regrets! In fact, when Nadi moved to town, Klaus was bumped off my list. When I start a new game I'll go for Nadi. Klaus lost his appeal the more I got to know the other guys. I'm more interested in Fritz now too actually. And since he's so difficult to get reversals from I think I might like the challenge in a later game.

But yeah, you can't go wrong with Mistel, I don't think. His personality is such a contrast to the way he looks it's awesome. I still have the same complaint of there being a lack of dialogue in general though. Like, when you're dating and he's working, he says the same thing at the counter. On his off days or when the shop is closed, he says different things, but I wish he'd acknowledge the relationship a little when you see him while he's working. Although I do think he does that when you're married.

:freak:

I love this game XD

Oh, and I do have a PSA! Do not do like I did. I was playing while tired and harvested my 5 star flax. Instead of heading to the seed shed when I got back to my farm, I instead went to the sewing shed and ended up spinning ALL of my 5 star flax. It wasn't until later when I realized... I have no flax seeds.

So now I am working on raising more 5 star flax from scratch. Joy.

And some general tips I've learned thus far: To make the wardrobe shipping requirement easier for unlocking Tropical Country, grow Cotton and make the Cowboy Outfit. It takes Red, Yellow and Blue Cotten Cloth and only takes a day to make (one at a time - don't stack it unless you want to wait). That way you don't have to use your wool.

A great way to get lots of Black Lumber is to do Trade Requests from Wheat Country.

Trade Requests are also a great way to up the Cooked Food requirement for Tropical Country, because you can turn around and sell the rewards you get from other vendors - they count even if you didn't cook them yourself.

A simple thing but it's easy to forget. Always remember to make seeds from the last crop of the season for next season. Essential if you're raising star rank.

Speaking of star rank - fertilizing the WHOLE field of a crop does make a difference. Sure, you can save fertilizer and stamina by only doing one plot and yes the rank will go up, but it will be slower and you'll find that once you hit 4 stars+, it'll take more harvests for that half a point to show up. However, if you fertilize all of the plots, stars will go up faster and you won't get "stuck" on star levels. Say you have four plots of flax and you fertilize one. You take the seeds from that one plot and plant them in the four plots, keeping only one fertilized. This works until it's at 4 stars. Now harvest after harvest, it's still at 4 stars. Solution? Fertilize the other three plots of flax.

A trick I did using the above method to fill out the public tea tree field was I planted three plots of tea trees on my farm. I fertilized them everyday (even in the winter) and got them to 5 stars in no time. Then I took those seeds and used them in the public field. 2 years on they're still alive - I'm unsure if tea trees go barren or not? That is a boatload of three different kinds of 5 star tea leaves plus teas and I'm just drowning in money :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »
BlackCurtains, I think you've convinced me to go for Mistel. Klaus is very good looking but sadly he's just so boring in personality.
My Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal