collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATE!Parcel sent back to seller because of incorrect address  (Read 1901 times)

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
So I've had a pony parcel that I've been waiting for, for ages and I've been following the tracking with great interest. Yesterday I found that it'd been out for delivery for ages (about 4 days) after a hold up of 2 weeks in the inbound parcel area (not customs), so I contacted NZ Post with the tracking code. I found out that the parcel is being sent back to the sender because they only put my city down as the address...  :shocked: :huh: No name or street address - nothing but my city.

This is the first time this has happened to me, what do I do? I've contacted the seller explain the situation and am waiting to hear back from them. What are my rights, so to speak? Do I have to pay for postage again? I still want the ponies/accessories in what ended up being a very expensive lot!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:13:09 PM by pony_magick »
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
Re: Parcel sent back to seller because of incorrect address
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »
That is truly bizarre... I'm wondering how it was even accepted at the post office if it was missing so much information (I always have to hand international parcels to a live person at the PO and they check everything over to make sure it is good to go). I almost wonder if the package did have your full address at some point, like customs forms inside the clear envelope and those got lost at some point. Messaging the seller was a good idea, maybe they can shed some light on the situation.

In terms of repaying shipping, I don't think that should be your responsibility. Not sure where you purchased the item (ebay? etsy?) so I'm not sure of your exact rights in the situation.

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:07:40 PM »
It was through ebay. But it's reall weird as you said, that it made it through customs and then on another plane down to me... I really hope they resend the parcel!

My want list.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
ughh that suxs, I don't think you should have to pay. I have had 2 parcels sent to me that had the completely wrong address on them both where brought from ebay and both sellers had my correct address. Sellers need to take more care in addressing addresses! One of my parcels got sent back to the sender and the seller resent her to me and ate the cost. The second I got only by fluke has I had to go to the post office to pick up another parcel, the person there said you have another parcel the postie recognized your name but the address is wrong. I am very thankful to that postie thats for sure.

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »
Yeah, I live in a rural area so my postie knows us all. If it was slightly wrong then the postie would have picked up on it. I guess that I'm annoyed because I've been waiting for this parcel for ages, as it has backcards, ponies I don't have and lots of accessories (including ribbons). I love going through lots of accessories and ticking everything off my lists... Fingers crossed it makes it back to the seller in one piece and then back to me (gotta love international post)

My want list.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:31 PM »
Wow, that's a really big botch!  You definitely shouldn't have to repay for postage.  It's the seller's responsibility to get the address info right.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:40 AM »
The seller needs to pay to ship a second time. Seriously, who doesn't put an address on a package? :sleepy:

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 03:19:42 AM »
It seems odd that it would even be accepted especially if it was coming from another country. Maybe the label was damaged in transit?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 06:57:25 PM »
ugh what a nightmare! :(   
If the seller messed up then the seller should pay to ship them back to you - you shouldn't pay again if it was the sellers mistake :awake:  . Maybe she will show you pics of the front of the parcel when it arrives back? you might be able to tell what went wrong - if she really did miss out a whole lot of important address or if it got torn off in transit etc?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 10:21:02 AM »
That is super weird-

If it was through ebay- I wonder how they could even have printed a label for you without your address on it? Something isn't making sense-

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »
I agree that something must have happened to the label. I've somehow how put in a claim instead of trying to message the seller - don't know what happened there.... If ebay is involved are they more or less likely to resend my ponies? It was a wonderful lot that I paid a bit too much on see here.

My want list.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 02:41:40 PM »
So you didn't contact the seller at all? Or has he/she not responded to the first message you sent? I'm a little confused...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:44:46 PM by silverdawn »

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
Question about global shipping program ebay
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
When I thought I was contacting the seller I managed to make a claim - the only way I knew how to contact the seller was to use the contact seller button. I did this and thought I'd contacted the seller but now it comes up with something about a claim... I have a bit of trouble navigating ebay sometimes when it comes to contacting the sellers about things.

EDIT:
So I got a reply from the seller and they're not sure if the parcel would be sent back to them because it was sent through the global shipping program. Can anyone tell me more about this?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:10:32 PM by pony_magick »

My want list.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »
Wow, I wonder if that means eBay was the party that didn't put your name on the label?

I looked on their FAQ about the Global Shipping Program and this is what it said about returns:

What if the item is returned to me?

eBay or Pitney Bowes may elect to return to you at any U.S. address that you have on file with eBay any GSP Item that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude is undeliverable and require reverse the PayPal payment that your Buyer made to you consisting of the GSP Item price and the amount (if any) charged by you to ship the GSP Item to the U.S. Shipping Center.

(Pitney Bowes is the company that is actually packaging and shipping stuff for eBay.)

Sooo to me that sounds like . . . the item is returned to Pitney Bowes . . . who returns it to the seller?  Maybe?

To be honest I'm not sure.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 05:35:55 AM »
It does sound like it was possibly the GSP company that may have stuffed up then rather than your seller :huh:  hopefully the parcel should get returned to the seller and they can resend it to you...but if ebay messed up then neither you nor the seller should be paying for the next lot of shipping. With the case open just keep friendly communication with the seller - it might be good to give ebay a call on the phone too and explain the situation.  They can look at the open case/messages etc  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal