collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC and question: Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe and accessories  (Read 268 times)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
PC and question: Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe and accessories
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »
A while ago, I got a PC on some SSSS accessories I wanted to sell, but shortly after that, I separately found the actual structure and some more accessories, plus Scoops. I was thinking of selling it all together as a set, but when I looked up the value of a whole thing, it looked like one still in the box only sold for about $30, while selling the pieces individually adds up to quite a bit more.

Is that right? What would you do?

I also have a half of another SSSS - just the base and front section, not yellowed, but missing one heart, and the joint/pivot is broken, but possibly fixable. Any thoughts on this too?

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC and question: Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe and accessories
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »
That does sound about right - $30 plus the buyer had to pay shipping, correct?

It's a tough call.  The SSSS isn't a playset that's hard to find (unless it's in absolutely mint condition).  If you're planning on selling it on the Arena, you can have an asking price for the whole set and then separate asking prices for the accessories/Scoops.

If you're selling on eBay, you could always list the accessories/Scoops in one lot and the actual structure in another auction.  Combine shipping if the same buyer wants both.  You'll probably get more interest in the accessories/Scoops ;)

As far as your partial SSSS, I would post pics here at the Arena and offer to sell off the parts.  I don't think you'll get much for it seeing as it's broken, but someone may need those hearts or the base :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: PC and question: Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe and accessories
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »
I agree - its one of those sets that just doesnt run high at all (no clue why as its freaking adorable). Unfortunately I do think shipping often puts people off. You then balance that against the fact people are willing to pay a little extra for items they may be missing from their own sets. So its one of those that is perhaps worth the sum or a little less than the sum of its parts. However when you sell like this and break down into individual parts, you run the risk of being left with an empty shell that no one wants to some items that are too common or just too hard to sell - so sometimes you dont get the value of the set. Its a tough balance.

Its a balance to be honest and the risk of making a little less against it taking longer to make a little more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal