collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: casual gaming sites  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Cobblestone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
casual gaming sites
« on: March 10, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
Hey guys,

Long time no see. Well, I lurk once in a blue moon but I haven't been really active in a while.

I'm back on PI and I'm curious if anyone knows any similar sites with a casual edge to them. I like to play but I'd like to be able to do things more when I have time, so maybe less of the waiting game.

I checked the rules to see if it's alright to ask about other sites and didn't see anything, but if it is my apologies. I frankly have no idea what's changed.

If there's already a thread and I missed it, I'll get rid of this one.

Thanks!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
On a quest for breyer dapples

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: casual gaming sites
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
what kind of gaming? Just a pet sim or something different?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »
Yes, what sort of game are you looking for? I know there are a few pet sites that are rather popular around here.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Cobblestone

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
A sim would probably be the most accurate. Something like PI, but less hindered by time constraints if possible. I know there will be some, but 20 days is pushing it for me.

I've tried howrse and while I still have an account, I'd prefer something else. I'd like to be able to breed my pets, but it's not a requirement I suppose. More fun in the long run I think.

Thanks for the replies.

Asobi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »
I only really play Neopets but I have been playing for around 15 years or so. It's very casual if you want it to be casual but it's also very intense if you want to play intensely and work on "account building" like all the cool kids do. I mostly just play it casually, honestly.

I've heard about Marapets and some people swear by it but every time I've tried to register they were having downtime or issues or something. Never got around to actually trying it.

Yeesh, I looked up and signed up for PI. That game is not very newbie friendly at all...  :huh: I really want to give it a chance but I am also dreadfully confused and overwhelmed by all complexities. I just discovered that unfortunately since I am not a paying member I can't even use the forums to communicate with other players to receive guidance with all these questions I have! Doesn't help that the "Tutorial" also appears to be a dead link and simply points back to the FAQ, while it is helpful there's a lot that isn't covered. I'm gonna keep trying though, I really like the artwork, especially the PurrPonies.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 04:48:10 PM »
years ago, there was a dog game that I played that was kinda similar to PI but I have no idea what it was called. It was something along the lines of you picked breeds and trained them for contests like sporting, dog shows, ect

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
I used to have a Neopets account, I probably still do but I don't remember the password or my username.  I played it back in.... 06? 
The only other game I play is Second Life and it's really just a glorified chat room with drama in copious amounts.

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »
Flight Rising is the same kind of deal, just breeding dragons. There's the coliseum which is somewhat like a really basic RPG (the dragons have stats, you kill enemies). The games (jigsaw puzzle, bubble popping game, higher or lower, panel shifting game [same basis as Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League if you ever played those], memory match) give you money. Dragons are easy to buy as long as there's not a Dominance Battle going on (Dom Battles allow the winning clan to purchase marketplace items at a cheaper price).

There are thirteen dragon breeds currently and they can all breed with one another, but there's a higher chance of getting the "basic" breed from a pairing. The breeding cooldowns range from 10 days to 35, but believe me, once you have a page or two of dragons you run out of nest space to breed them.

There is in-game money and "gem" currency which is bought with real life money through Paypal. Gems allow purchase of exclusive items, that can be sold for in-game currency or what have you.

The dragons have the ability to wear items, and you can change three different "genes" on them. Primary, secondary, and tertiary. I'll use a dragon of mine to show this:

visitors can't see pics , please
register or login

She has Iridescent primary, Shimmer secondary, and Underbelly primary. Here is a dragon with all Basic genes (Basic is what your starter dragon starts out with)

register or login

Here's one of my dragons wearing stuff:

register or login

I really enjoy this game. You can focus on it or ignore it, it's pretty casual.

I've yammered on a lot. If you have any more questions you can PM me and I will be glad to answer them. My username on FR is Hol, if you want to friend me on there.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Asobi

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
I might have to give FlightRising a chance, the artwork looks really nice! Love the fantasy/warrior looking armor.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »
I used to play a variety of games on Kongregate.com, but that was before Gamestop bought the website, so I don't know if it's changed. They have all kinds of games on there that you could look into. :)

Post Merge: March 13, 2015, 12:29:05 PM

years ago, there was a dog game that I played that was kinda similar to PI but I have no idea what it was called. It was something along the lines of you picked breeds and trained them for contests like sporting, dog shows, ect
Oh man, I totally played this one! At least, I suspect it was the same one. I don't remember what it was called, either, but it was very fun (though I think it's been about a decade since I played it).

Offline Cobblestone

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 09:41:08 AM »
The dog game you guys might be thinking of is wajas? It was all the rage for a while.

I'm on FR and I still have a neo account, though they seem to be determined to make it less fun for people who just want to play without all the bells and whistles. At this point I've been frozen twice, but my current account seems to be safe.

@Asobi - I'm so sorry. There's been a lot of heated conversations about the way PI has become so exclusive over the years. It's always been pay to play but the wealth disparity alone makes the game extremely uninviting for new players. I also don't think we've had a current or active tutorial in almost a year now? Admittedly I took a long hiatus but that's what others have been saying.

Right now the game kind of punishes new players with BP requirements (game income you have to purchase with real money) to get anywhere in the game and/or the market. No biggie for older accounts with tons of spare BP and millions of PG, but new users start with almost nothing and are hit hard. The best way to catch up is making tattoos for ponies if you can.

If you decide to pay let me know, I'll do what I can to help you. I'm Eos over there.

Flight Rising is very friendly to new users, I think. You don't need to purchase gems to get everywhere in the game and you can earn them slowly just by being active. Treasure comes easier too.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »
The game I played back in the day was definitely not wajas, though that one does look really cool. The one I played had very realistic looking artwork of almost every dog breed imaginable, and you could adopt, raise, and breed your dogs. Like I said, though, it's been so long since I played it, I don't even know if it's around anymore.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 03:01:08 PM »
I used to have a Neopets account, I probably still do but I don't remember the password or my username.  I played it back in.... 06? 
The only other game I play is Second Life and it's really just a glorified chat room with drama in copious amounts.

~Jenn

LOL - I met my husband on Second Life...and to think, I got interested in it when I first saw a CSI:NY episode about it YEARS ago. 

As for the original thread, I have a Neopets account too, though I haven't pulled it up in years.  It was always easy to float in and out of though.   I'm sure I could pull it up right now and fall right back into it.

~Rodan+Fields~

Asobi

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »
I actually did end up purchasing the 6 month upgrade and was finally able to ask some questions on the forums! Luckily, the two people that responded were friendly and helpful. I think I've made quite a few mistakes since I just kept buying more and more ponies I liked off the Market and breeding them rather randomly before I (started to) understand how the genes work. Whoops! Hoping I can get a better grasp on breeding with time. I haven't really looked too much into tattoos, haven't figured out quite how they work but I'm pretty decent at graphic design so that may be an option. My name there is Asobi, by the way, same as here. :)

I've never tried Second Life, but I remember the episode from The Office where Dwight has a second life that is exactly the same as his real life (because it's so good), except that Second Life Dwight can fly. That episode was so funny. I've seen some gameplay videos of Second Life, I have heard it's a bit of a ghost town these days, though.

Offline Cobblestone

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »
If it's not wajas I'm afraid I don't know which one it is. I've probably seen it but I usually gravitate towards equine games, so I don't remember many about dogs.

@Asobi- I'll PM you on PI. I'm glad you found some friendly people. Sometimes new players just get attitude, which doesn't help anyone learn.

The auction is the fastest way to make large sums of PG & BP these days. Either auctioning rare breed/gene crosses or breeding pairs. The other option is the tattooing, which is what I do.

It's easier than it used to be, and if you're good at it or can find something the community likes, you can make millions in one go.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal