collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: casual gaming sites  (Read 1199 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: casual gaming sites
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 02:56:36 PM »
Wow, I don't know anything about Second Life. I just know that we have a bunch of books about it in my library and I'm always like, "What in the world IS that?" And I'm supposed to be the gaming expert, too.

Asobi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
I went to the Flight Rising site and decided to give it a shot, but unfortunately registration is closed for new members at the moment! :( I found the subreddit for FR and someone asked when registration will open again, but nobody had a definitive answer. Hopefully I'll be able to register soon!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 03:33:48 PM »
I unfortunately don't have any game suggestions, but I would like to add my two cents to the PI discussion.

Right now the game kind of punishes new players with BP requirements (game income you have to purchase with real money) to get anywhere in the game and/or the market. No biggie for older accounts with tons of spare BP and millions of PG, but new users start with almost nothing and are hit hard. The best way to catch up is making tattoos for ponies if you can.

You don't have to purchase BP with real currency, but several users use it as an alternative to questing, selling ponies, and what not.

Art in general, not just tattoos, is a *huge* aspect of PI. Check out adoptable lines and presentations. While skill level does play a part, most artists can find at least a few customers as a time, and there is always someone looking for artwork for something. I paid for my account several times with PG earned through my commissions alone.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Cobblestone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »
It's true. You don't have to purchase BP but it's pretty much become the second currency of PI, rather than an alternative for special things. There's so much of it floating around that you miss out on aspects of the site without it. PG can't even buy you everything you can get with BP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
On a quest for breyer dapples

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
PI frustrated me because I go through cycles where I'm more interested / less interested in games, and during the "less interested" phases my ponies would often starve to death.  Eventually it just wasn't worth the effort of resurrecting them YET AGAIN and I quit.

I'm on Flight Rising now and really enjoying it but, yeah, you have to catch them during an open registration period.  And the registration periods can be quite short, like 24 hours.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:19 AM »
I had a Neopets account a while ago, but quit after that big makeover where pets could be dressed up and so. You can call me a nostalgia dork, but I couldn't get used to the "new" site.

Currently playing Marapets. They don't seem to have issues right now, and it's similar to the "old" Neopets but with their own differences that makes it unique from Neo. Plus, their premium system is fairer because you can sell and trade the goodies you pay with cash.

Asobi

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »
I've shown quite a few friends from other games, Neopets, etc, the Flight Rising site and now we're all impatiently waiting for the next registration phase. Been checking everyday, sometimes a few times a day! From the Reddit it appears that registration hasn't opened in months so I'm starting to worry that it'll be so long before registration is open again that everyone I've shown will lose interest! I'm a tad worried that with so few new people able to come in it could be detrimental to the long term prospects of the site, since new players are sort of the lifeblood of any social game, as older players tend to drop off or get bored.

I have played a lot of smaller social games and sites and when new players aren't actively joining it creates a sort of stagnancy, hoping the same doesn't happen with Flight Rising due to the registration windows.

As for PI, yea I could definitely see the ponies starving being very frustrating. I go in and out phases of playing various different games as well, very ENTP so I get bored of one game quickly, move on to another, go back to the old one, and so on. That's one of the benefits of Neopets, even if I disappear for 2 years I know my pets won't have starved to death... They'll just be really angry at me!

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 03:54:50 PM »
I'd recommend Mweor.com if you like cats; I'm a moderator there and have played for the past six years. It's a breeding sim, with a bunch of different markings and such. The cool part about it is there's fantasy breeds (winged cheetahs, fiery lions, etc.), if regular old housecats aren't quite your thing.

We were recently told that the site won't be updated anymore due to the owners feeling burnt out on it, but I'd still recommend it; there's a big enough variety of stuff where it's enjoyable even if there aren't any new things coming out.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:47 AM »
Well if you want a fun pet site two that I go to are www.icepets.com and www.goatlings.com .

I used to play a variety of games on Kongregate.com, but that was before Gamestop bought the website, so I don't know if it's changed. They have all kinds of games on there that you could look into. :)

I still play Kongregate and keep up my premium subscription. The takeover actually improved it if you ask me. There's tons of achievements to earn in thousands of games, plus now there's a weekly "Kongpanion" (pet) to earn by earning the "Badge of the Day", which increases the replay value of a lot of games.  I think it's still a great site to waste hours on haha.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »
Well if you want a fun pet site two that I go to are www.icepets.com and www.goatlings.com .

I used to play a variety of games on Kongregate.com, but that was before Gamestop bought the website, so I don't know if it's changed. They have all kinds of games on there that you could look into. :)

I still play Kongregate and keep up my premium subscription. The takeover actually improved it if you ask me. There's tons of achievements to earn in thousands of games, plus now there's a weekly "Kongpanion" (pet) to earn by earning the "Badge of the Day", which increases the replay value of a lot of games.  I think it's still a great site to waste hours on haha.
I might be tempted to go back and throw my life away again. ;) Back when I was playing, if you earned the Badge of the Day you got a trading card for a certain card game they had on there. Is that still going or did they give up on that? BTW, friend me if you want -- I'm ringwraith10 there as I am everywhere. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal