collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your best pony find?  (Read 3339 times)

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
Re: Your best pony find?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »
I'll never forget finding Baby Rainribbon in a charity shop for 50p. :)
I'd given up hope of ever finding a G1 'in the wild,' but she turned up in a box of G3s. Completely made my day. ^-^
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
I have many awesome finds,but the two best are probably Tux n' Tails for $3 at a flea market and SS Angel for $2 at that same flea market.

May or may not be a good deal to some. Depends on perception. I got  MO Mommy pony for $30 from a toy dealer. I thought that was a great deal.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 03:43:41 PM »
My best find was my plush Starshine, that is in awesome condition, that I found at a flea market for $5!

I have found a few Nightlight's and Raindrop's for 1-5 Euro on german fleamarkets. I also found there a Greek Baby Peachy for 50 Cent.
Best find was a Macau Bluebelle for 30 Cent on a fleamarket in a church. Also a mint Bernacle with hat and scarf for 1 Euro and 2 Baby schlummerlein for 50 Cent ;-)

But that is years ago...

Holy guacamole! If you ever find anymore Nightlights- look me up ;) She is a pony that I really want, but will probably never be able to get :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:49:23 PM by Sukey »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 04:24:18 PM »
Hm, I have to think about this...I've never had any spectacular finds like Mimic or Punzie, but there are a few I love that I consider great deals. ^.^

At a toy fair last year I found a minty Pony Bride with her veil and cake, and managed to bundle her with a bunch of other G1s for a great price! Another time, when I met the same seller at an antique fair, she had an incredibly clean Tex! :D I'm a HUGE sucker for BBs, and nabbed him for definitely less than he was worth.

One time I found G2 Tipsy Tulip (with both eye jewels!) in a bin with a bunch of fakies, and managed to get her for 50 cents! And lastly, I purchased G3 Silver Rain (looks like she came fresh out of the box) at the same toy fair mentioned above for only $2. :happy:

Okay, last one...(I'll be posting a brag thread about her shortly...)

Megan in her original white and pink dress.
For under $5. :blink: Funny thing is, I didn't realize she was one of my grails till I saw her! XD

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »
Last summer I found 11 G1 ponies at a thrift store including 3 of the m/o pearly babies for .25 each, it was an amazing find and at that price it was a steal :biggrin:

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »
Just a little while ago I found MO pearly babies Surprise, Moondreamer (Moondancer) and Cotton Candy for 50 cents each. They are probably my best thrift store finds.
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 06:25:14 PM »
My sister found a gen one windy wing pony in great shape wings attached, for $ .25 . I got a castle carrying case with ponies and a winger with original wings for about $30.00 for everything. That included a dream castle with accessories.

Offline Wild Raspberry

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Be the change you want to see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
Once I was lucky enough to find most of the 25th anniversary set for less than $5 I think it was! 
I also found my very first G1- Sundance for only 0.50¢  I am very happy to have her now.   :happy:
No real recent finds though that were incredibly good.  Well other than a Minty I found that was in pretty decent condition.  I made her a pair of socks and now she resides with Princess Starlilly.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »
I have a little bit of good pony luck over the years.  I found a Mimic at a thrift store for like $.75 even though she had a name written across her side in permanent marker.  I also managed to find 2 TAF babies with a bunch of other G1s and vintage toys for about $15, a My Pretty Pony for a quarter, a bunch of near mint ponies on Craigslist with most accessories (could have gotten more but didn't have enough money :( , a MOC Persian My Little Kitty set at a flea market for $.50 and Baby Sweetcake in a pony lot BIN on eBay for about $16 for the whole lot.  There are probably some I am missing but those are my best ones that stick out in my mind.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 10:42:43 PM »
I've been pretty lucky over the years as well, but MIB Diamond Dreams is definitely a special find.  The thrift store I found her at hardly ever has anything.  I just stopped by on my way through town and was making a quick run-through.  I ended up starting at the back of the toy aisle.  As I glanced upward .... I nearly fell over when I saw the side of the box peeking out on the top shelf.  I almost fell over again when I saw the price ($6.99! The same as the original price tag!)

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 02:14:49 AM »
I guess my best pony find is MIB Brazilian Baby Lofty por less than 10US$. But I recently also found Spanish 4-Speed for 5€.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:21 AM »
Lol, I can honestly say that I've never had any great find in my life for the very simple reason that I've never found any ponies on a German fleamarket. Oh, and neither do I buy pony lots on Ebay and the like. :P

(Late) Congrats to everyone else who's had some amazing finds!

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »
Candy Apple and Flower Bouquet in a charity shop. They were both in a bit of a state but some soap, shampoo and a session with the hair straighteners later...gorgeous again! I love them so much more for having "rescued" them  :)

Post Merge: March 05, 2015, 12:17:22 PM

Oh, and then years later I found a bundle of 8 G3s, 3 Breezies and some accessories in a charity shop and bought the lot for a fiver! Never had such luck since though 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:24:49 AM by Sunlight-Lapin »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »
Blue hearts Dazzleglow for $1.30 and mint Seawinkle with her shell/ribbon for $2.
 :drunk:
I've found around 100 G1s/G3s/G4s in various thrift stores and garage sales in the past three years.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:59:19 AM by misskindle »

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »
MOC Star Dancer at the thrift store for $2.99 (she was bagged with a semi MOC Kowl as well). I about fell over when I found her :) Oh yeah I forgot to mention that she is my army pony!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal