collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For the love of My Little Ponies, My Intro...  (Read 434 times)

bonnieb420

• Trade Count: (0)
For the love of My Little Ponies, My Intro...
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:05:33 PM »
       Hello everyone, my name is Bonnie and i'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm 35 years old and my fav toys as a child were My Little Ponies. I had the Paradise Estate and the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe as well as many beautiful ponies. My fav ponies as a little girl was Dancing Butterfly and Sugarberry. I always loved the Twice as Fancy ponies and I still do!
        My youngest daughter is 4 (I have 3 girls, 14, 12 and 4), and about 6 months ago I bought her Rainbow Dash and she fell in love with MLP. It's been fun because it's something we share an interest in. About a month ago I bought her the My Little Pony movie, the one that came out in 1986 that features the Paradise Estate. I told her I had the Paradise Estate when I was a little girl and showed her what it looked like by googling it. The picture I showed her happened to be from an auction on ebay. For 2 weeks she begged me to buy it for her so I found one on ebay that had a lot of the pieces for a reasonable price, well i'm not sure if it was reasonable but I bought it anyway, lol.
           After purchasing the Paradise Estate I started looking on the web for parts of it that are missing as well as g1 ponies. From my internet searches I found this site and I just had to register. I guess I never realized that My Little Ponies had become so collectible and had so many fans. I just started collecting, I only have a few ponies and I would love for this to turn into a hobby. Searching the web for ponies is fun, and it's even more fun to open up the packages that I get in the mail, it's like i'm getting back a piece of my childhood. The hard part has been keeping them put up from my 4 year old, lol. I do let her play with them at times, under my watchful eye. I'm about to get a Dancing Butterfly still in it's original packaging in the mail, i'm gonna have to keep it outta her sight because she will wanna open her.
            Thanks for taking the time to read my story. I can't wait to grow a sizable collection and share my love for My Little Ponies with fellow members.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:09:11 PM by bonnieb420 »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: For the love of My Little Ponies, My Intro...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:02:41 PM »
Hi, Bonnie! Welcome to the Arena!

What an amazing story you have! The sharing of ponies between a mother and daughter is one of my favorite things. I hope the two of you will be able to complete Paradise Estate together, and best of luck with your collecting! Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:51:24 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena :wave:

What a lovely introduction you wrote.  It's lovely your daughter has such an interest in ponies - especially the ones from the 80s. I hope you both have a lot of fun here and enjoy meeting everyone :frolic:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »
What a lovely story! I always love hearing about ponies that unite mother and daughter. :lovey: I hope you enjoy it here and find many more ponies to your lovely herd!

bonnieb420

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. It's been interesting and fun checking out the forums.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. It's been interesting and fun checking out the forums.

I see a pony addict in the making...  ;)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!

It's so nice that you can share these special memories and playsets with your daughters :lovey:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  That is so awesome about your daughter and enjoy reconnecting with your own childhood.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! How neat is it that you and your daughter can bond over ponies? Good luck completing your paradise estate!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 04:59:02 PM »
What a lovely reason to be collecting - such a great shared love for you and your daughter.

Welcome to the Arena! I hope you have fun here and that you and your daughter continue searching for those awesome ponies and playsets.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

bonnieb420

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
I'm most definitely becoming a pony addict! I've been spending a lot of energy, time and money on ponies this past week especially because I had to use some vacation days from work. It's been nice to actually have time to sit with Tatum, my youngest daughter,  and play ponies with her. The Paradise Estate has become a mix of the original furniture with g1 ponies and g4 ponies with their furniture and accessories. We even put  water in the pool yesterday, Tatum had been begging me to do that since we got it. I don't know who loves the Paradise Estate more me or Tatum, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal