collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Maigic Erasers and Paint Apps  (Read 255 times)

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
Maigic Erasers and Paint Apps
« on: January 31, 2015, 03:21:12 PM »
I've been hearing that magic erasers are pretty good for getting off layers of dirt on ponies but how harsh are they? Gentle enough to go over symbols and other paint or should I avoid using it on paint-heavy ponies? Also, what about glitter symbols? I know it's a bad idea to really scrub them in general but a pony in particular I'm worried about is a G1 Sweetheart Sister Twinkler. The one I've got is fairly dirty and a basic wipe down hasn't been enough to get rid of all of the dirt so I thought I'd try Magic Erasers before resorting to a good scrub. I'm afraid to try it because she is covered in glitter symbols.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Maigic Erasers and Paint Apps
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
I've been hearing that magic erasers are pretty good for getting off layers of dirt on ponies but how harsh are they? Gentle enough to go over symbols and other paint or should I avoid using it on paint-heavy ponies? Also, what about glitter symbols? I know it's a bad idea to really scrub them in general but a pony in particular I'm worried about is a G1 Sweetheart Sister Twinkler. The one I've got is fairly dirty and a basic wipe down hasn't been enough to get rid of all of the dirt so I thought I'd try Magic Erasers before resorting to a good scrub. I'm afraid to try it because she is covered in glitter symbols.

Super-duper gentle!  You can use them over symbols and eyes without harming the paint.

I would avoid glitter symbols.  You can lightly swipe the magic eraser over glittery symbols, but I wouldn't rub or scrub.  Sometimes a light swipe is all you really need.  You can also tear a part off and use a smaller bit to get into those areas around the glitter symbols.

Don't use them on painted parts Barbie-type horses (Dream Beauties, Fashion Star Fillies, Grand Champions, Breyers, etc.)  The erasers will rub that paint right off!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:42:22 AM »
Light swipes and you'll be safe! Heavy scrubbing with a magic eraser will hurt the symbols, but with light swiping I've removed many marks from ponies symbols and they've become good as new!  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 07:30:10 AM »
Thank you for the info!

Super-duper gentle!  You can use them over symbols and eyes without harming the paint.

I would avoid glitter symbols.  You can lightly swipe the magic eraser over glittery symbols, but I wouldn't rub or scrub.  Sometimes a light swipe is all you really need.  You can also tear a part off and use a smaller bit to get into those areas around the glitter symbols.

Don't use them on painted parts Barbie-type horses (Dream Beauties, Fashion Star Fillies, Grand Champions, Breyers, etc.)  The erasers will rub that paint right off!

Also, I'm glad you mentioned this! I don't have many horse figures at the moment but it's certainly good to know just in case I get a few more in the future!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:26:27 AM »
As long as you remember that magic erasers essentially work like sandpaper and therefore go gently you should be fine. Personally I avoid paint (eyes and symbols) with them as I have seen and had some nasty paint loss over the years. But if you are very very careful you should be fine.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal