collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36093 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2015, 06:00:45 PM »
I love tinsel hair!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2015, 07:24:57 PM »
I like Equestria Girls, too :) The dolls, at least; the films don't interest me much.

I don't dislike sea ponies, but I don't plan on getting any more because I'm scared of getting one with rusty insides. :(

I LOVE Alicorns and I loathe how exclusive they are for G4! "There can only be four" or "Only Princesses can have wings and horns"? What a damper on some potentially awesome dolls! Forget the rules of the cartoon and give me TONS of unicorns with wings! Random citizens and even boy Alicorns would be nice! This is why I totally approve of Hasbro doing what they like with their product and making characters like Skyla, Sterling, and Gold Lilly! Princesses or not the add to the  number of G4 Alicorns.

Yes, my thoughts exactly!! I wish they'd make a brushable of Skyla, she's adorable.

Oh YES! Brushable Skyla would be awesome! It's a shame she's only a "So Soft Newborn" Had I the extra G4 filly dolls to spare I'd be tempted to attempt a custom. The problem is I don't even know how to go about making them in the first place. ^^;

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »
I adore Pinkie Pie and will buy almost anything they make of her.

Dealwithit.jpg

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »
Same goes with accessories... ribbons and brushes? No thanks. Not unless the design has something to do with the pony/is something really special. More junk I don't want.

EXACTLY. How are you even supposed to display them? I only go for accessories if they can be worn by the pony and seen from display, or if they're the defining feature of a particular set (i.e. pretty fashions or seasonal g3s).

As for mine:

-I looooooove love love blindbags! They're what got me into collecting, and I just can't get enough of them! I also like Pop ponies, though I wish they'd chill with the prices.

-I don't get the Greek hype. At all.

-I love repinks! Getting ponies with original pink hair stresses me out, because then I feel obliged to make sure that it remains pink at all costs. ALL COSTS.

-Shady is best pony!

-I don't like Totsies, and I don't understand the love for Remcos. They just look like your typical (if somewhat stoned) 99¢ store-esque fakie to me.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 01:00:06 AM »
- I like the Tootsie pose.
- I love the Collector pose and the Moondancer pose.
- I love G2s.
- I don't like customs unless they are based on Hasbro ponies.
- I dislike the MLP Tales Tv series.
- I like FiM.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 05:10:22 AM »
I like Equestria Girls a lot  :blush: not as much as ponies of course! But I think they're cute.

Generation 4 is my favourite generation to collect.

I like to get ponies with small flaws and quirks that give them some history. Of course I'd always choose a mint pony if I could, but getting a pony with a hairstyle or with a name written on it is sweet, I like to imagine where it might have been before.

I can't upgrade my ponies. Once I have them, no matter what condition they're in, I will stick with that one because I become attached to that pony as an individual rather than all versions of that pony.

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 08:28:33 AM »
I'm not a fan of Mimic or Rapunzel, I wouldn't buy them even if they were 10 bucks
I like the Tootsie pose
I don't like G4 and would never ever buy one, though I've thought about it for a select few
I despise Equestria Girls, I think they're wrong and creepy. If I want dolls I'd go with Monster High or I'd save up for the Jem collection.
I want more Winged Unicorns, I want a new gen that looks more like the older Gens with Winged Unicorns, all the haters who think only princesses should be Winged Unicorns can suck it up and deal! They don't own the fandom and both Princess Ponies and the concept of Winged Unicorns in general have been around waaaay longer then FiM
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:48:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
I'm not a fan of Mimic or Rapunzel, I wouldn't buy them even if they were 10 bucks

Really? You wouldn't buy them for $10 even with the knowledge that they're worth hundreds?  :lol:

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »

Really? You wouldn't buy them for $10 even with the knowledge that they're worth hundreds?  :lol:

Not even then. I don't buy toys that I don't like for myself.  ^.^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 08:59:20 AM »
More often than not, nirvana people go crazy over the "vanilla scent" of Greek ponies. To me, they reek of disintegrating poor quality vinyl… in my childhood, a store selling cheapo plastic wares smelled the same.

Plus, baby ponies are not cute.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
UrocyonFox -- this post totally made me think of you! :D

I love my TE ponies. I know there's heated debate over them, but they're some of my absolute favorites. My roommate is creeped out by them, though. That's inconvenient. And BBE ponies... I get them a lot in lots and stuff, and I buy them when I find them at thrift stores, so I really have most of them even though I'm not super fond of them. I just never turn down a pony, no matter how weird her eyes look. And I don't totally hate them, either. They're just... different. I love showing people who are completely unfamiliar with ponies the rusty-eyed ones... just to creep them out. Yeah, I'm that person.

Post Merge: January 27, 2015, 11:17:20 AM

More often than not, nirvana people go crazy over the "vanilla scent" of Greek ponies. To me, they reek of disintegrating poor quality vinyl… in my childhood, a store selling cheapo plastic wares smelled the same.

There is scientific evidence that the "vanilla scent" is actually a product of natural disintegration. At least, I know this is the case in old books. I don't have a link to the article I read on it, but you can probably look it up if you're interested.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »
I want more Winged Unicorns, I want a new gen that looks more like the older Gens with Winged Unicorns, all the haters who think only princesses should be Winged Unicorns can suck it up and deal! They don't own the fandom and both Princess Ponies and the concept of Winged Unicorns in general have been around waaaay longer then FiM
You've said it better than I did earlier. ^^; I've come across a few folks that believe that the Bronies were the first fandom to even use the word "alicorn" in reference to winged unicorns. So they think they own that, too. I also have to agree about your idea for the next gen. I like G4 but I would be fantastic if the next generation looked a bit more equine instead of indiscriminate quadrupeds.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
I love the Collector Pose, tinsel, and G2s

I also like the G1 Princess Ponies a lot.  They are some of my favorites.  Princess Serena and Tiffany were some of the first ponies I got when I started collecting.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 12:01:59 PM »
Another thing that's been bugging me lately is the length of the mane and tail on Winger ponies; they're far too long in my opinion. I'd prefer them to be a similar length to those of baby ponies. They'd be more easily manageable that way. :/

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:01 PM »
Another thing that's been bugging me lately is the length of the mane and tail on Winger ponies; they're far too long in my opinion. I'd prefer them to be a similar length to those of baby ponies. They'd be more easily manageable that way. :/
^ Agreed.
Mimic on MLPTP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal