collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36091 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:44 AM »
More of mine:

I don't like playsets. If I had them as a child I'd want them again, but I didn't. The only one I have is one I got at a thrift store. I don't see the appeal in big bulky plastic junk. :( Maybe if they were nice castles like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/09/1c/15/091c157d0a3f9fb73481fdaed932fc85.jpg but they're not! I really wish they were made like that.

Same goes with accessories... ribbons and brushes? No thanks. Not unless the design has something to do with the pony/is something really special. More junk I don't want.

I love seaponies though! I was crazy about bath toys as a kid, I loved taking mermaid dolls in with me. So ponies you can take in the bathtub? Yesss please! They're cute and I love them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »
1. I really like Equestria Girls. Poorly executed and overpriced? Yes, but they're cute, and ultimately, harmless.

2. For all its faults (and there are many) I love G4 and FiM.

3. I like the blind bags. Especially the glitter and clear ones.

4. Show accuracy, in terms of body/mane colour and accessories, is important to me. I don't see the point in making a toy of a specific character if it's not representative of that character.

5. I liked the storyline of Twilight became an alicorn Princess and thought it was was a very nice progression for the character and changed the format of the show enough to stop it stagnating without changing it too much (the letters to Celestia from only Twilight to Twilight and her friends, and then to their journal). Seems a lot of people hated it but...I liked it a lot :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »

5. I liked the storyline of Twilight became an alicorn Princess and thought it was was a very nice progression for the character and changed the format of the show enough to stop it stagnating without changing it too much (the letters to Celestia from only Twilight to Twilight and her friends, and then to their journal). Seems a lot of people hated it but...I liked it a lot :lol:
Yeah, I'm with you here.  I liked (actually loved) this idea the moment it happened.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

Yeah, I'm with you here.  I liked (actually loved) this idea the moment it happened.

*joins Princess Twilight fan-club* XD

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
I LOVE Alicorns and I loathe how exclusive they are for G4! "There can only be four" or "Only Princesses can have wings and horns"? What a damper on some potentially awesome dolls! Forget the rules of the cartoon and give me TONS of unicorns with wings! Random citizens and even boy Alicorns would be nice! This is why I totally approve of Hasbro doing what they like with their product and making characters like Skyla, Sterling, and Gold Lilly! Princesses or not the add to the  number of G4 Alicorns.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't really care for "Nirvanas" or what ever those variant G1 ponies are called.  Personally I don't feel it's worth it to dump hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a plastic horse because another country decided to cast the character in a different color of plastic.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:00:50 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »

*joins Princess Twilight fan-club* XD

*needs to join as well* Princess Twilight is best Twilight!
Instagram / Want List

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 03:12:05 PM »
I can't stand boy ponies. I don't like them and I don't collect them.  Yes, that includes Mountain Boys:p

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »
I don't like Mimic, Punzie, Sweet Scoops mainly because I don't tend to like super long hair or the mouth in Mimic pose.

A post like this may already exist, sorry if this is a repeat! >_<

What are your unpopular pony collecting opinions? Do you think BBEs are adorable? Do you have a burning love for 3.5 molds? Not a fan of twinkle eyes?

Here's my unpopular opinion (or at least I believe it to be one!): I love the Cherries Jubilee pose! I think it's one of the cutest g1 poses!

What's yours?  :lol:

I love this pose too.  Tootsie, CJ, Snowflake, Merriweather, Tutti Frutti, Cherry Sweet, Playtime, Tassels and Brilliant Blossoms... so many gorgeous ponies. I think Tootsie is one of the most weirdly underrated ponies out there. I love her. I have some Tootsie pose photos:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:42:21 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »
*I love Equestria girls and G4

*I don't care for most tropical or floral themed ponies

*I ADORE G3 babies!!

* I absolute can not stand Cheerilee in any incarnation

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »
I think BBE baby ponies are the cutest things ever and don't find them creepy at all.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2015, 04:23:14 PM »
Here are mine  :lol:

1) I LOVE the Tootsie pose!  And the Quackers pose too.  I think my least favorite pose is the Cupcake pose. 

2) I don't understand the appeal for Sweet Scoops.  Sherbet looks very similar to her, and although super common, I definitely prefer her over Sweet Scoops!

3) I adore the giant BBE baby ponies

4) And lastly, this may be silly, but I CRINGE when I see ponies move in ways that are not anatomically possible.  Here is an example.  They don't have elbows!!!!    :ack:

Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2015, 04:25:20 PM »
I like Equestria Girls, too :) The dolls, at least; the films don't interest me much.

I don't dislike sea ponies, but I don't plan on getting any more because I'm scared of getting one with rusty insides. :(

I LOVE Alicorns and I loathe how exclusive they are for G4! "There can only be four" or "Only Princesses can have wings and horns"? What a damper on some potentially awesome dolls! Forget the rules of the cartoon and give me TONS of unicorns with wings! Random citizens and even boy Alicorns would be nice! This is why I totally approve of Hasbro doing what they like with their product and making characters like Skyla, Sterling, and Gold Lilly! Princesses or not the add to the  number of G4 Alicorns.

Yes, my thoughts exactly!! I wish they'd make a brushable of Skyla, she's adorable.

G4Sweeties

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »
As you can tell by my username, I actually really like the g4 toys. I am aware of the issues with them but even compared to other gens they're my favorite! I think it's the show.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »
The only thing I don't like is tinsel.  I do have some ponies with tinsel in their hair but I like the pony so I can get past it.  I also don't like some G3 poses like the diva pose and the donkey pose. 

Post Merge: January 26, 2015, 04:56:33 PM

I agree with this too but what bugs me is that she doesn't fly very much.  They made a huge deal about her getting wings and she rarely flies or fly's not sure which way to use it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:57:27 PM by Majesty »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »
Isn't tinsel kinda hated tho? I mean I personally love it (even the Rainbow Power tinsel) but I know I'm in the minority.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal