collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For Sale & Brag Combination Post - LOTS OF DOLLIES! Vintage! Disney! YAY! :D  (Read 876 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Edit: Re-purposing this thread as a combo Brag/Sales thread.  Because I had tons of luck today!  Wheee!

SO - when I say "asking," it means I'm open to offers.  I am also open to trading.  I am not limited to trading what's on my want list.  If you have a trade list or an image gallery, feel free to share!

Shipping for most items is about $2 within the US.  Larger/more expensive items I will ship via Priority Mail, which is at least $5.50 and can run up to about $9 or so.

eBay is offering me free listings (again), so I may just list the majority of this stuff on eBay.  Please PM me if you're interested in anything.  I'd rather see this stuff go to collectors in the community than go through eBay.

(work in progress - adding more - slowly, but surely...)

Vintage Asian Pose Doll: I'm pretty sure she's Chinese.  There was a dot of flaking paint above the right eye.  When I touched it, more paint started to flake off.  I went ahead and did a touch-up with artists' grade acrylic paint.  Can't tell there was ever a flaw!  (I need to finish painting my cardboard backdrop, lololol)  Asking $20 + shipping

Vintage Japanese Doll: S/He's so cute!  I'm pretty sure the green checkered onsie & felt shirt are original.  Someone lovingly made him/her a knitted outfit with shoes!  Feel free to make an offer...but I may just keep it :)

Disney Store Deluxe Singing Jasmine Doll: She sings!  She practically YELLS "A Whole New World." The hair is a mess!  It is frizzy from being over brushed.  I did my best and was able to get actual knots out (yes, knots).  I styled the hair to match her hairstyle from the movie, but added an extra band (oops).  I'm leaving as it is.  You can tell how poofy it is in the last picture.  Outfit is in great condition.  Missing shoes, necklace, and possible earrings (ears aren't pierced, so I don't know if she came with earrings). There's a tiny bit of plastic on her right elbow joint is damaged - can barely see it & doesn't effect movement. The price I paid was written in permanent marker.  I used a Magic Eraser to fade it a bit, but it's not coming off completely.  Asking $20 + shipping (stand not included)

Disney Store Deluxe Singing Mulan Doll:  Doll doesn't sing - not sure if batteries are dead or she's broken.  Only comes with dress.  Hair is in nice shape.  The price I paid was written in permanent marker.  I used a Magic Eraser to fade it a bit, but it's not coming off completely.She is quite the stunner!  Asking $30 + shipping (stand not included)

Dolly Surprise:  I am so annoyed!  This doll, a couple of weeks ago, worked!  Now the hair won't grow when she touches the butterfly >_<  Darn kids!  Anyway, hair needs tamed (it's in fairly good shape, but I don't want to mess up the crimping). Comes with dress.  Asking $5 + shipping (stand not included)

Vintage Barbies & Malibu Skipper (?):  I have the worst time IDing old Barbies.  Both Barbies look identical to me.  I can see slight variations in the face-up, but they are so slight that I wouldn't say they're different releases.  All three are nude.  They are dirty.  Barbie on the left has a slightly chewed hands and feet, middle Barbie has slightly chewed feet, and Skipper needs a re-root job.  Otherwise they're in good shape.  Asking $15 + shipping for all three - I would like to sell them all at once, but if you desperately want just one doll, I'll do it :)

Little Miss Makeup: *sings* She's the baitiest doll I've ever seen, I scrubbed and scrubbed and she still isn't clean! *coughs*  Yeah, okay, she's a mess.  A hot little mess.  Great for a custom job.  Why did I buy her?  Oh, yeah, I thought I could wash the dirt off *facepalm*  She has tangled hair, spots of VDS, legs and arms are discolored, outfit is ruined.  Heck, I'll give her to you for free!  Just pay shipping.

Winx Club Stella:  Nude, no wings.  She's all bendy-like.  Needs someone to work on that hair of hers.  Make an offer!  I also have a taller, jointed Bloom lying around here...somewhere...just ask if you're interested!
*picture coming soon*

Vintage Mufasa Plush:  Made by Mattel, but if I didn't know better I would have thought Disney Store.  In fact, I had a Disney Store plushie back in the day that was so similar to this one!  Anyway, he's gorgeous and has only one flaw: the little white accent dot in one eye has a bit of fading around the edge.  He has wire in his front legs and velcro in his mouth (came with Simba cub that he would carry).  1993, baby!  Still awesome.  Recently sold eBay prices are all over the place...$99 + shipping?  Huh?!  Okay, so Mufasa in similar conditions seem to sell around the $25 mark, so that's what I'll ask for:  $25 plus shipping.

Vintage Cabbage Patch Kids Koosa Dog & Cat:  Unsure if the shirt on the dog is original.  Shirt on the cat is...and it's really dirty and stained.  I haven't tried washing it, but, yeah, looks like there's chocolate or something on it  :lol:  They're both in great shape and come with original collars.  Cat has slight rub to nose pain.  Asking $15 each or $25 for the pair plus shipping

Vintage Cabbage Patch Kid Show Pony:  Comes with original saddle, bridle, and reins.  Looks to be very clean and white ( I didn't wash it).  Only flaw is a scratch to the eye paint on one eye that is the width of a human hair!  Asking $20 plus shippinh

MH Dance Class Lagoona: Missing gym bag & leg fins, otherwise complete & perfect. Asking $5 plus shipping.  If you want the doll only, I will sell her for $5 with free shipping.  If you only want the stock outfit, I will sell it for $5 with free shipping.

Paradise Kids 10" Fashion Doll - Cowgirl Kylie:  Missing hat - reminds me of Megan!  Really cute doll.  TRU is selling the same doll on eBay for $19.99 (plus shipping) while private sellers are asking $45. I'm asking $10 plus shipping
*currently listed on eBay, but offering lower price here*

Two Tinkerbell Dolls:  Neither have wings.  Both by Jakk's Pacific.  One looks like a basic doll, the other some sort of Spring Fashion doll. Rosetta & Friend's Tink...and I've decided to keep her! Muwhahaha!   Now, I have a TON of Disney dolls coming 1/13/15 including 8 more fairies and possibly another R&F Tink.  SO, I may just hold on to these until then...oh, man, the floral one is so pretty...I may keep her...gah!  I can't keep everything! >_<  Asking $3 for signature Tink plus shipping

Lalaloopsy Littles - Twisty Tumbelina : Missing shoes & pet duck.  Great condition.  Asking $5 plus shipping

Swimways Fairy Tail doll: It's a mermaid with wings!  Weird doll that is actually pretty cool.  You can see info hereAsking $5 plus shipping

Vintage Strawberry Shortcake Berry Baby:  She's in great condition with dress, panties, and booties.  Just missing her hat & bottle!  $10 plus shipping

Strawberry Shortcake 2008 "Berries to Blossoms" pony: Comes with tutu, 4 leg warmers, necklace, and barette. eBay prices are...um, weird.  Last one was sold MIB, but "best offer" was accepted, so I don't know what it actually sold for.  Another was in a lot without accessories.  The whole lot went for about $15.  Let's so with...$10.  Asking $10 plus shipping
*currently on eBay, offering lower price here - PM me!*

G3 Newborn Cuties: Okay, so I know these aren't dollies, but I'd like to sell JUST the accessories to Pinkie Pie's Playhouse.  Asking $5 + shipping

...I've got some TAF 3.5's and a G1 Dancing Butterflies...and a G4 Pinkie Pie...and some more dolls...stay tuned for more info AND pictures :)

Original Message:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm still out & about, but I just can't wait until I get home to post!

It's Sindy!!!

I got a bunch of vintage dolls tonight & had no idea that this was a Sindy doll until a few moments ago when I saw the stamp.

Any idea on value?  I'm going to Google to see which one I have- she is the cutest doll ever!

I'll have more pics later of some vintage Barbies & "weird" dolls.  I just couldn't wait to share!

Post Merge: January 09, 2015, 03:37:26 PM

I believe I have Lively Lovely Sindy from 1970 - possibly the "Active" release.

They were only available in the UK/AU/NZ?!?!?!  How did she get to Pennsylvania? !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:53:37 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
Re: Dolly Brag/ID/PC - It's Sindy!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »
She is really cute :) congrats!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
That's it! I'm moving in. You have all the dolly luck! Lol

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:31 PM »
She is really cute :) congrats!

Thanks!

That's it! I'm moving in. You have all the dolly luck! Lol

Haha, you would have no room - I'm practically buried under dollies XD

I was thinking of you while shopping - in fact, I found a cute doll & thought "I bet Vertefae will love this!"

BTW, I finally made it to my PO Box & picked up LPS Blythe tonight<3

SO many dolls...will be posting pics...most will be for sale/trade ;)

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Yay! The little Japanese boy is super cute!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

LoL, I knew you would like him!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor

You're getting to know me wat to well! Lol
LoL, I knew you would like him!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Vertefae, he's a bit larger than the dolls I sent you - about 7.5"

His green hair is so cute!

There's another doll at the same store I keep passing up...she'll be there the next time I go.  I personally think she's hideous.  She has the same impish look, but different face mold, and jet black hair that is half gone - either it was originally sold with thin hair, or it was pulled out.  She has a cheap yellow rain jacket & white shoes.  I'll grab her the next time I'm there (she's been sitting in a bin of plushies for well over a month - no one is crazy enough to adopt her, haha).

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Oh please do! You know I enjoy adopting the waifs. I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

I have to wonder who is donating to your thrift stores. So many very asian vintage dolls. If you find a blythe, I'll just die. I swear. LOL   :lookround:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Oh please do! You know I enjoy adopting the waifs. I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

I have to wonder who is donating to your thrift stores. So many very asian vintage dolls. If you find a blythe, I'll just die. I swear. LOL   :lookround:

So would I! LoL!  It's so strange, but I bet at some point I will find one ;)

The prices are crazy, too.  They had a huge handmade doll house that would suit 12" dolls priced at $0.99!  It was freshly painted, but looked very 60's/70's.  Granted, the thing was solid wood and I could barely budge it, but if I had the room I would have totally bought it so I could use it as a display.

I think some of their donations come from older women who clean out their attics.  More so than other thrifts in the area.  It's a great mix of vintage wonders and new toys.

What's funny is that they put stuff on eBay, but it's stuff that's not worth much...and they jack up the prices.  I laugh so much sometimes, because they grab worthless stuff, start the bidding at $40, and put their real treasures in the $0.29/lb bin XD

Oh, and I cleaned Sindy up!   I purchased the handmade dress at the same thrift store about a month ago.  The skirt is made of linen, so I need to iron it.  I'm not quite sure which Sindy I have, but it's definitely from '75 or '76.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:55:37 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
She's so cute! Angelberries may be able to help with an ID, she's really good with Sindys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal