collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some oddities in my ponies?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Some oddities in my ponies?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
Haruna, that's actually not a crazy theory and I'd love to hear thoughts about it.  :)  In all my years of collecting, a lot of them actively looking for her, I've only seen Pink Sprinkles once on ebay in a crazy-low-priced lot that wasn't well described.  Cat, take it away and educate me! 

I should check my MIB Waterfall set now, because I'm curious what Sprinkles came with it. 

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 12:19:49 AM »
My Sprinkles looks exactly like the one on the right, right down to the ducks on her left flank being closer to her tail hole. I found mine local as well, and had the same thought that she was a rehair. I'd never seen a pony with original hair like that!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:22:30 AM by Jocelyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 07:32:58 AM »
Yeah, I had the Sprinkles with untidy hair growing up (got her secondhand), and when I got the one with normal, curling-around-the-neck hair when I collected as an adult I was surprised at the difference.

I sometimes wonder if one of the two lavender versions is a mail order, along with the already-known mail order pink Sprinkles. I know that's almost a heretical statement :blush:, but the true pink mail order Sprinkles is so rare; I've literally never seen one on Ebay and can hardly find photos online. It's hard for me to believe that Sprinkles was requested by mail so rarely. Mail-order Majesty turns up regularly enough, if not all that often. I wonder if Hasbro started their mail order with pink Sprinkles, realized she was the wrong color compared to the original lavender Sprinkles that came with the waterfall (crazy-hair Sprinkles), and then released curling-around-the-neck hair lavender Sprinkles for all future mail-orders? Just another crazy idea.

All of the playset mail orders are reeeealllly hard to find :) As a set they were unfortunately not that popular and they were only offered twice (if memory serves) via mail order and quite late into the line.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DireRabbit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »
My playset Sprinkles looks very much like yours on the right and has noticeably limp hair compared to most of my other ponies.

Edit: Here is the Sprinkles I purchased from Ponyology on left and the mail order version is on right:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:02:38 AM by DireRabbit »

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »
I ordered the Playset MO back around 1989 b/c at that point I was only collecting Year 2 and I didn't have Lemon Drop, Majesty, or Sprinkles. I believe the Sprinkles in the MO insert was indeed pictured pink. I know my Sprinkles was pink. I found it disconcerting that she looked just like Firefly. Sadly I did not keep any of these ponies but got rid of them at various times. Hopefully that Pink Sprinkles survived and made it into someone's collection!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:05 AM »
I agree the Sprinkles on the right is probably not a re-hair. I recall that the Sprinkles from my set also had weirdly limp difficult to style hair and that color looks familiar. Her thin and limp hair made her one of my very least favorite ponies....

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 10:06:06 AM »
Sprinkles on the right is definitely not a rehair, I'd recognize that uneven, choppy looking "playset hair" anywhere. ;)  Playset Majesty has it too.

I would guess the Sprinkles on the left was just made at a different time and happened to get slightly different plastic color / better hair.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal