collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question About Pullips (Dal, Byul, all of them...J-Doll) - Debox or Not to Debox  (Read 528 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I was wondering if deboxing decreases value on harder to find dolls.  If it does, how significantly?

How many people keep the boxes?  It is preferred to save the boxes in the chance the you re-sell the doll in the future?

Thanks!

Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

Also: What would you do?

I purchased multiple dolls that I really can't afford (but did it anyway!).  I was planning on selling one of them - the profit on her would pay for the others!  Except...I really like her!  :x

So, what would you do?  Keep the most ungoldy expensive doll and sell the more common (but beautiful) dolls?
Or sell the common dolls to keep the most expensive and amazing doll ever?

Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 07:54:52 PM

(I'll give you a hint - the most amazing doll ever is Alice du Jardin with mint hair  :inlove:)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:54:52 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I don't really see a price difference in mib vs loose and complete. The value goes down when they are customized or are sold without their stock. This has been my experienceanyways.

Offline oboro

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Actually sometimes even changing their wig/eyes doesn't even de-value them either... I saw a Blanche on eBay.co.uk with a new wig & handmade clothes sell for £150, while a brand new NRFB Blanche isn't selling on eBay.co.uk for only £99... Strange things happen all the time.

About your situation, I say keep the one you really want. It isn't worth selling her if you want her. I would sell the ones you aren't so worried about. I mean you will get to keep the one you want at a cheaper price than you will ever get her for again... right? :)

Who were the other common girls you got?

Offline Laurabythelake

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
I'm always hesitant to debox so, I actually prefer buying dolls out of box.  I generally expect a bit of a bargain when I buy out of box, unless the doll is HTF.  I sympathise with your plight - lol!
Back on the pony trail!!!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I tend to keep the boxes for the dolls I'm on the fence about, but I do toss them when I've fully integrated them into my dolls for space reasons.

I think that there would be larger price differences for the cheaper easier to find dolls (like the peter pan series) than for HTF expensive dolls which seem to have high prices depending on what people are willing to pay, with or without a box...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal