collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)  (Read 14578 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2015, 09:43:24 AM »
Good luck with mold making! I'm excited to see your progress

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »
Well after much delay i finally have the shipping confirmation that I'll have all of the supplies i need tomorrow...
I apologize to everyone eagerly awaiting the final result and your pre-ordered figure. Looks like i'm going to be making the molds this weekend (the clay I got for the two part molds didn't work so I had to get different clay which is coming along with the rest of the supplies)
and then hopefully i'll have something cool to show you by the end of next week. I'm going to try and finish the instruction booklet for the Kit version of Luna tonight so expect an update on that tomorrow.

Fast approaching the finish line now :)

*scrambles to scrape together money like crazy*
:fox:

SoaringSentinel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2015, 01:36:58 PM »
*scrambles to scrape together money like crazy*

Don't worry you've got two more weeks at least :P

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »
All of the Casting supplies are in and i'm going to start with the molds tomorrow :)

Also yesterday I promised an update on the Instruction booklet. Sadly i only managed to finish the first page. in anycase here it is.
I'll try to finish the rest when the molds are curing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:39:55 PM by SoaringSentinel »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2015, 09:16:38 PM »
Very cool

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »
getting ready to pour the first test mold :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2015, 08:56:04 AM »
O.o I need money for this. I must have her!

Good luck making molds!!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »
Super interesting, what materials are you using for the actual models again?

Oh and you might want to pick up a carbide scraper, they save tons of time in regards to seam and finish work.  Rio Rondo is the one who carries em.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2015, 09:27:38 AM »

Oh and you might want to pick up a carbide scraper, they save tons of time in regards to seam and finish work.  Rio Rondo is the one who carries em.

the final models will be cast in polyurethane resin. but the 3d printed master is made of a nylon 12 based plastic

i'm not exactly sure what use a carbide scraper would be used for in this context. then again I've never heard of this tool before today either. could you explain what you mean and how it would work here?

ponygirl74

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

the final models will be cast in polyurethane resin. but the 3d printed master is made of a nylon 12 based plastic

i'm not exactly sure what use a carbide scraper would be used for in this context. then again I've never heard of this tool before today either. could you explain what you mean and how it would work here?
It would be used to used to get rid of the flash on the seams I'll link the page to you :
http://www.riorondo.com/
I hope this link uses the page with the carbide scraper, if it doesn't go to the tools and then it will list the tools they sell and check out the carbide scrapers. I hope this helps you, and good luck! 

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »
I'll take a look at that scraper

And now we wait and see if I mucked anything up :)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Also this is more of a question for the mods but now that I've opened up for pre-orders for Luna should I open a new thread in the for sale forum or should i wait till it's finished and I actually have a finished product photo?

I'm so sorry I totally managed to skip this question. Usually sales threads should be posted to the relevant forums which means art sales here in the A&C as we don't have a subforum for sales. You can edit the first post and modify the title if you like, or you may start a new thread for sales only and keep this one for more general discussion about your work and progress. :)

Good luck with the casting process!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2015, 12:57:51 PM »

It would be used to used to get rid of the flash on the seams I'll link the page to you :
I hope this link uses the page with the carbide scraper, if it doesn't go to the tools and then it will list the tools they sell and check out the carbide scrapers. I hope this helps you, and good luck! 
Like Ponygirls said, they are used extensively in the model horse hobby to clean seams, crave and even smooth.  And no that link will not take you to the exact page, for what ever reason but you can find it under tools.  You can get the whole set but for what you are doing the basic would work.  It cuts time tremendously and leave a nice clean surface that needs little or no sanding.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »
Ah, I love casting projects! Thanks for sharing your work in progress. I can't wait to see how things move along.

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »

Like Ponygirls said, they are used extensively in the model horse hobby to clean seams, crave and even smooth.  And no that link will not take you to the exact page, for what ever reason but you can find it under tools.  You can get the whole set but for what you are doing the basic would work.  It cuts time tremendously and leave a nice clean surface that needs little or no sanding.

Ah thanks, I hope I can get one of these in the Netherlands.

Ah, I love casting projects! Thanks for sharing your work in progress. I can't wait to see how things move along.

No problem! :)

Ok part one of the two part mold is done. i could probably have made the surface of the clay bed a little smoother but all in all in turned out pretty good for my first ever silicone mold :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal