collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)  (Read 14581 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
That is super aggravating I'm sure- I hope they get their stuff to you asap!  Have you done mold work before?

SoaringSentinel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2015, 09:50:12 AM »
I have no mold making experience but i am getting a friend to help me who does it for a living. that and I've watching tons of tutorials on how to do it. So i'm pretty confident this will turn out fine

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »
I have no mold making experience but i am getting a friend to help me who does it for a living. that and I've watching tons of tutorials on how to do it. So i'm pretty confident this will turn out fine

That is lucky to have such a friend! I wish I could send you my mold making supplies- lol-  I love the idea of mold making and tried it once- but I think I might have forgotten the hardener or something because the results were not great- I definitely should have had a friend with experience help me out the first time  :P

SO looking forward to the results of your pony project!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
While i'm waiting for the casting supplies I went ahead to start on the assembly instructions for the kit version of the figure.

I'm still going to add dotted lines page numbers etc. These instructions will be printed and send along with the kit version of the figure and will also be posted online on my deviantart account for those who get the completed figure and want customize it or something :P

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
Looks pretty neat!  Great design and concepts going!  Looks like you've really thought it out.

This isn't any more complex than official Hasbro Transformers.  In fact maybe even simpler, fewer parts, etc.

Can't wait to see more!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2015, 04:25:59 PM »
well this isn't Lunamus Prime so fewer parts would be logical :P It's still 68 parts though, not counting the torso rubber band

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
this is Masterpiece Luna! ;)

HeartLumi

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2015, 06:09:06 AM »
Imagine if all ponies were available like this  :shocked:
There would be even more pony fans! I know some action figure guys that would jump in! They just need a little push like this  :lol:
Awsome work! I bow to your talent but even more your determination!!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2015, 07:18:14 AM »
Imagine if all ponies were available like this  :shocked:
There would be even more pony fans! I know some action figure guys that would jump in! They just need a little push like this  :lol:
Awsome work! I bow to your talent but even more your determination!!

Thank you :)
I made this specifically because I don't like the toys hasbro produces. When I buy a princess Luna figure I want one that looks like character from the show that I love. Not an off color repaint of another non-show accurate brushable. (no offense to those who do like those, it's just not for me. Now the funko models are a step in the right direction but they're still not quite what I want (I also don't like the faces on those, they look like ducks to me)

And I'm a big believer in the idea that if you want something that doesn't exist, Make it yourself. So that's what I did.

And I know I'm not alone in this idea of wanting to have show accurate figures so that's why I'm doing a single run of this figure and so I can fund the next one (which will be Cadence and Celestia.)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »
Ooooh- I sure hope you can get a Celestia and Cadence figured out too!  I'm super excited about your pony project :D

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
well cadence is going to be the easiest. since she is 90% Luna but with a different head, feet and regalia and tail. and a different paintjob. so once the Luna orders are shipped out i'll probably have cadence print ready in a week or 2. Celestia on the other hand is going to be a bigger undertaking since she would need a completely new sculpt. but that also gives me the opportunity to add in some extra enhancements to the design of the figure. That will make it easier to cast and assemble :) My plan is to have Celestia print ready by the time season 5 starts.

in more current news. Monday next week the casting supplies finally arrive and i hope to have the first figures out of the mold by the end of the week.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2015, 07:54:25 AM »
well cadence is going to be the easiest. since she is 90% Luna but with a different head, feet and regalia and tail. and a different paintjob. so once the Luna orders are shipped out i'll probably have cadence print ready in a week or 2. Celestia on the other hand is going to be a bigger undertaking since she would need a completely new sculpt. but that also gives me the opportunity to add in some extra enhancements to the design of the figure. That will make it easier to cast and assemble :) My plan is to have Celestia print ready by the time season 5 starts.

in more current news. Monday next week the casting supplies finally arrive and i hope to have the first figures out of the mold by the end of the week.

And these are going to be $200 you said, thereabouts? Will they be in colour when completed?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

HeartLumi

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2015, 11:06:39 AM »
And these are going to be $200 you said, thereabouts? Will they be in colour when completed?
On deviant art the prices are explained, there is fully painted version . Or for a slightly lower price a "build your own" kit, you paint and assemble .

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »

What heartlumi said. there is a basic figure for $200 and a complete set for $215 which includes the angry head. Bith of these options will be painted and assembled. and there is a Kit version which is basicly an unpainted version that comes straight out of the molds and needs a bit more work including painting and cleaninging the flashing off for $175.

All the details can be found here http://sentinel373.deviantart.com/journal/Princess-Luna-Action-figure-Pre-orders-Now-Open-505908916

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »
Well after much delay i finally have the shipping confirmation that I'll have all of the supplies i need tomorrow...
I apologize to everyone eagerly awaiting the final result and your pre-ordered figure. Looks like i'm going to be making the molds this weekend (the clay I got for the two part molds didn't work so I had to get different clay which is coming along with the rest of the supplies)
and then hopefully i'll have something cool to show you by the end of next week. I'm going to try and finish the instruction booklet for the Kit version of Luna tonight so expect an update on that tomorrow.

Fast approaching the finish line now :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal