collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Cooking Challenge - Week 6 - Ingredient You Disliked as a Child  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cooking Challenge - Week 1
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »
Pfft!  Casserole is well-trod territory where I live!  ;)  In Minnesota we call it hotdish.   ^.^

Then you'll just need to make a very obscure, challenging casserole!

What?  No tater tots?  OUTRAGE!  :P

I'm just kidding around... I look forward to finding a more "unconventional" casserole to make!  Maybe something that would use up leftover turkey...  ;)

Post Merge: December 03, 2014, 08:53:31 AM

I decided to try a vegan casserole in order to get away from the standard "starch + dairy + meat" theme that so many casseroles have!  :P 

This one sounds hearty and nummy - lentil & mushroom shepherd's pie! :-9
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:53:31 AM by Silver Glade »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 02:10:21 PM »
I picked up all my ingredients last night. Planning to do my casserole and homemade salsa this Sat.

Bubbles1983

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »
Picked up most of my ingredients last night. Just got to get the lamb. They had kidneys but they came in a much larger pack than I needed. Going to have to find some recipes for them  :shocked:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 12:01:17 PM »
Picked up most of my ingredients last night. Just got to get the lamb. They had kidneys but they came in a much larger pack than I needed. Going to have to find some recipes for them  :shocked:

Nice. I'm going to start cooking in a bit. I think I'll make the salsa first.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
I'm keen I don't cook enough! I would like to opt out of the sugary ones because I need to lose weight, but then I could make them for a friend I suppose or share them at work  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
I'm keen I don't cook enough! I would like to opt out of the sugary ones because I need to lose weight, but then I could make them for a friend I suppose or share them at work  :)

Yes! It's an excellent opportunity to cook/bake for a friend. Are you planning to participate this round?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »
And three hours later....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Enchilada casserole, homemade rice, guacamole and salsa. The rice could use some work. The enchiladas are OMG delicious 

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 02:36:52 AM »

Yes! It's an excellent opportunity to cook/bake for a friend. Are you planning to participate this round?

Yes, I will make a casserole!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Bubbles1983

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »
My very first attempt at Lancashire Hotpot. Not pretty but very yummy.  :biggrin:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »
My very first attempt at Lancashire Hotpot. Not pretty but very yummy.  :biggrin:

Yummy! What went in it exactly?

Bubbles1983

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 12:02:21 PM »
It has chunks of lamb, lamb kidney, onions, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, lamb stock, bit of flour and all those lovely potato slices on the top.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »
 I made boeuf bourguignon but now can't find the right cable to upload the 'photo :facepalm:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
It has chunks of lamb, lamb kidney, onions, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, lamb stock, bit of flour and all those lovely potato slices on the top.

Yummy indeed. I no longer eat meat but I could probably substitute it with something else.

Sparkly_Sherbert

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 03:00:42 PM »
I'd love to take part, i love cooking and baking! But living alone i'd end up with a full freezer lol

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
I'd love to take part, i love cooking and baking! But living alone i'd end up with a full freezer lol

That's OK! I live alone too (and will be eating enchiladas for the next week...). You can always give the leftovers to friends/family/coworkers, or have someone over to share the meal with you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal