collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So... Do sea ponies count?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
So... Do sea ponies count?
« on: November 20, 2014, 06:28:14 PM »
I am down to only two more ponies to complete my G1 collection. IF you don't count sea ponies. If you do count sea ponies, I am a long way from finishing, 'cause I still need all the darn baby seas with necklaces and two of the hard to find adults.

So I want your opinions!  Do you count Sea Ponies as part of a complete G1 collection? I used to consider them an integral part... but I really want to be able to say my collection is done, and if I have to find all the seas... it's gonna take forever! And other people don't include them.... so....

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: So... Do sea ponies count?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »
Wellll... I do think that if you were to ask the majority, they would say in order to be a complete set, you would have to have every pony released, so yes, the Sea Ponies would count.  :)
Ask me? I would say no, because I don't think the Sea Ponies are attractive, so I will never collect them. I will consider my set complete even without them, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:37:21 PM »
I just completed my collection with Magenta Satin n Lace and yes I have all the sea ponies lol.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
I always count sea ponies, but I also actually like them.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »
I count them personally.  I guess that means I have to count petite ponies too right? Lol

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »
They are definitely part of the MLP line... I'd say if the Pony Friends count in your book, then the seaponies and fancy mermaids should logically count too. So for a "complete G1 collection" you would need to include the little aquatic buddies. There's more leeway on the subject of petites and Dream Beauties since they came in at Year 8, differ widely from a normal pony and are so commonly excluded from the main line, but seaponies are right in there at Year 2.

But on the flipside, your collection is your collection, and if you're not interested in something, don't force yourself to be! Your personal collection can be considered complete any which way that you are comfortable with it, no matter who is included or excluded. :)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 07:53:52 PM »
They're ponies, so I think they count.  But they are a particular subset of ponies.  If you're not collecting sea ponies at all, then you could fudge things to say you're two away from completing all the USA ponies you're going to buy.  If you do collect sea ponies, then I'd say they count.

Though it's your collection, and you're free to call it however makes you happiest:p  I personally don't collect some of G1 pony sets(ballerina ponies, sweetheart sisters, those monster "newborn" ponies, and most dream beauties), so once I get all the G1 ponies I want, I'll just call my collection complete since I'm happy with it.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 08:20:30 PM »
I count them.  They are some of my favorite sets.  I have them all and just need Baby Sugar Cake to finish my collection.  :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
I don't count them, I've got a couple in my trade bin, but I'm not terribly fussed on them. I also don't count pony friends, dolls and dream beauties, but that's my personal collection preferences - I only like 'proper' ponies!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
I don't count them either. I like them and they are cute and all but not a huge part of the whole us collection. I just like regular ponies.

Offline Arokiss

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 12:18:55 AM »
I like them a lot and they do count. They're even in the MLP series.

Shooo be dooo, shoo shoo be dooo!

*JM*

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 02:05:52 AM »
I count them as part odf completing the collection.

But that is only my opinion. When you think your collection is complete then it is complete and no one can't argue with that :) Everybody should only collect the ponys that they want collect not eeeeevery pony in the world if they do not want that :). Because it will cost money.. and why we should spend money with something we do not like/want?

For example I will feel (right now) that my collection will be complete after I have every G1 pony, but I do not need every version (like Argie, greece etc.) but just the "normal" versions would be great^^.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 04:51:17 AM »
I personally count the sea ponies.  I count all of the "soft plastic" brushables, including the pony friends.  The ones I don't count are the Petites, plushies, and Dream Beauties.  But I think it's all up to the individual :)  I know some people who don't count the sea ponies or pony friends when completing their collections. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »
I don't
They are their own special collection in their own. You can count the pets because they have legs and live on land too. My g1 collection is complete and as far as sea ponies go I will eventually have them all but I'm not in a rush. I don't have the big ponies with pacifiers either. I'm missing a Brown Pretty pony because she has to be mint with box but all my customs make up for it. I would keep those pacifier big butt ponies if I found them but I'm not paying
Lots to get them.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 08:00:26 AM »
I think they count, but, they're also some of my favorites!  Although I could see them being their own side category.  Like flutter ponies or wingers, still ponies but in their own little group.

I say your collection is complete when you have everything you want.   :lol:

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal