collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Update: Images found of Amethyst Star, Cheerilee and the others (see page 3)  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Hasbro, gimme a Roseluck pony:rant:
The EqG characters that are getting dolls and not brushable ponies just keep adding up don't they... That's the 7th now I think.

The three new baddies (Adagio, Aria, Sonata), Photo Finish's entourage (Pixel and Violet), Sapphire Shores (technically there's a blind bag with her name, looks nothing like her though)... now Roseluck, that makes seven. I can excuse the first five because they are brand new characters created for the EQG line, but Sapphire and Roseluck have been ponies for years.

Make that eight with Amethyst Star.

I thought I saw an Amethyst Star pony before tho.

Think you are confused with Diamont Mind. =P You mean this one?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think there's an Amethyst Star pop pony.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I'm not a fan of Equestria Girls.  It's obvious Hasbro is trying to compete with Bratz and other doll companies.  I wish Hasbro would focus on MLP (I mean besides the various products they sell), instead of Equestria girls.  I know they are doing what they can to keep the money coming in but doing the same thing everyone else does is just boring.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Ah yes there is indeed a POP Pony of her. But I thought it was about brushables only. ^^; :blush:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Interesting- well I like the coloring of Lyra and Amethyst Star-  Cheerilee has the wrong color skin (I guess they were afraid to go dark?) and Roseluck, while cute, looks almost exactly like Fluttershy, while Sweetie Drops looks just like the Rarity in this series.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Equestria Girls hasn't taken away any focus on MLP. There are Amazon listings for new ponies including a few that aren't even getting a doll of at this point. I'm pretty sure the Equestria Girls people are the ones who worked on Strawberry Shortcake when Hasbro was still making them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Ah yes there is indeed a POP Pony of her. But I thought it was about brushables only. ^^; :blush:

Exactly Pops don't count in any book.

For Sale Wants

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
OH I totally just noticed that the eye shines are their cutie marks!!

Cheerilee needs a lip repaint, I think. She looks fine otherwise!

QueenGusty

I suppose these might be considered the second wave of Neons? (although their leg colours do match slightly better than the first wave) See: new accessories-the first wave neons had the headsets, these girls are sporting some fancy glasses.

Carrie

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Cheerilee has the wrong color skin (I guess they were afraid to go dark?)

To be fair, she's very light-skinned in the Equestria Girls film, too. (EQG in general seem to be lighter than their pony counterparts a lot of the time, idk why)

Still can't wait for Lyra and Bon Bon :heart: Amethyst Star is very pretty too (not sure if I'll get her, though), and those photos of Roseluck make me more tempted for her :p I love their eye symbols!! So pretty aaaaa

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile

Hasbro, gimme a Roseluck pony:rant:
The EqG characters that are getting dolls and not brushable ponies just keep adding up don't they... That's the 7th now I think.

The three new baddies (Adagio, Aria, Sonata), Photo Finish's entourage (Pixel and Violet), Sapphire Shores (technically there's a blind bag with her name, looks nothing like her though)... now Roseluck, that makes seven. I can excuse the first five because they are brand new characters created for the EQG line, but Sapphire and Roseluck have been ponies for years.

Make that eight with Amethyst Star.

I thought I saw an Amethyst Star pony before tho.

Think you are confused with Diamont Mind. =P You mean this one?

[snip]

AS is coming as a POP pony, so yes, the number is now 8 dolls not made into brushable ponies yet.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
I'm not a fan of Equestria Girls.  It's obvious Hasbro is trying to compete with Bratz and other doll companies.  I wish Hasbro would focus on MLP (I mean besides the various products they sell), instead of Equestria girls.  I know they are doing what they can to keep the money coming in but doing the same thing everyone else does is just boring.
agreed
:like:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:16:19 PM by gabumon »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Interesting- well I like the coloring of Lyra and Amethyst Star-  Cheerilee has the wrong color skin (I guess they were afraid to go dark?) and Roseluck, while cute, looks almost exactly like Fluttershy, while Sweetie Drops looks just like the Rarity in this series.

Yeah this is where I was coming from with them as re-paints. And I know thats what most ponies are as well but somehow its less obvious in the ponies...does that make any sense?

Darker lips on Cheerilee and she would have been a winner for me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile

Yeah this is where I was coming from with them as re-paints. And I know thats what most ponies are as well but somehow its less obvious in the ponies...does that make any sense?

Darker lips on Cheerilee and she would have been a winner for me.

I totally agree- they really are just too similar. I think it doesn't help that they all have identical faces, length of hair and outfits- but you add skin tone and hair and...well, there isn't really much to set them apart.

Still they are cute and if I didn't have so many dolls to find homes for already, I'd be sorely tempted. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyra found her way in somehow... 

QueenGusty

Just noticed the cutie marks on their faces too-they're more detailed and have more images (Cheerilee has 5 flowers for example) a seque into the Cutie Mark Magic line perhaps?

So here's my list of what the basic waves have in common:

Wave 1 (2013)
molded tops, fabric skirts
one accessory each
Peg-legs

Wave 2: RR (2014)
Molded tops
Fabric skirts
Coloured streaks in hair
Cutie mark over eye
Headset/mic accessory

Wave 3: RR Neon (2014)
Molded tops
Fabric skirts
two different coloured legs
Headset accessory
Translucent shoes/boots

Wave 4: Everyday (2014)
Molded tops
Fabric skirts
Movie Accurate

Wave 5: RR Neon Wave 2(?) (2015?)
Molded tops
Fabric skirts
Two different coloured legs
"Enhanced" cutie mark, now back on the cheek
Glasses Accessory

Carrie

AlmostApplejack

I don't understand why Cheerilee has straight bangs when she is clearly a curly-maned pony?

I'm really disappointed  :( I was actually getting excited for her too but she doesn't look like herself, I have to pass on her.

A lot of the other dolls look like generic colorful girls. I'm starting to dislike the doll series, they are becoming unrecognizable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal