collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 67426 times)

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #780 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:36 PM »
I wonder who is responsible for dropping the ball on this whole mess.  Funko, or Hot Topic :/

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #781 on: January 11, 2015, 08:24:18 PM »
I wonder who is responsible for dropping the ball on this whole mess.  Funko, or Hot Topic :/

Neither it was the truckers who were on strike at the LA port are to blame, they were refusing to work and that's where the delay came from.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 11, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »
Hot Topic

They were unprepared for all the breaks in their service...and in most cases made things worse.  They had many items delayed because of the strike.  Their FB wall is nothing but complaints.

Funko

They released conceptually beautiful figures, but didn't anticipate the breakage/wobbly problems.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm definitely going to go with 'both' as the answer for that question. 

Regardless of the strike(s), Hot Topic handled things very poorly and there's no reason that so many people should be complaining about Celestia not being able to stand up, or receiving Luna with broken parts.  After the hell that most of us went through with these orders, a little quality control and polite customer service shouldn't be too much to ask for, right? :shrug:
Instagram / Want List

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #784 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »
So... have no more really surfaced? The eBay prices are still super high on the glitters... Triple digits is really outside my budget for this. Do you guys predict the prices will go down, or do you think I should buy now while they're still on eBay? :(

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 25, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »
Well, I'm a little disappointed with my Luna. She was great at first, but after two weeks, one of her wings is snapped almost completely off! She's just been sitting on my desk. The cat may have knocked her over onto her side once, but she's never fallen off the desk or anything. The Funko figures feel so sturdy, I'm really surprised and disappointed to be having a problem like that with a figure that's just been on display!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 25, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »
So... have no more really surfaced? The eBay prices are still super high on the glitters... Triple digits is really outside my budget for this. Do you guys predict the prices will go down, or do you think I should buy now while they're still on eBay? :(

I'd say wait. Personally, I'd never pay in the triple digits for these glitters, it's just not worth it. I think maybe, just maybe, Funko realized that Luna's tail was easily broken so they're trying to fix that problem before shipping out more figures? At least I hope that's what's going on.

Once they start shipping her out again, more glitters will pop up, thus driving the price down.  Just give it some time!  ^.^
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #787 on: January 25, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »

Buy a Celestia now the market is flooded with her best time to get her because once they stop restocking and the start selling out on ebay her price will rise some again for a couple months and then drop again. As for Luna well if triple digits is outta your price range I would say wait awhile for her unless you see one in your price range then grab it. I think shes going to stay high for a long while until the exclusive period is up she might go lower in the future.

For Sale Wants

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 26, 2015, 02:49:45 AM »
I really hope Luna will go down, it's crazy how high is it, and with shipping to Europe it's really a "nope" for me.

And I don't understand why Funko don't release more of her ? I mean they would sale ! so they will not loose money !

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:25 AM »
I really hope Luna will go down, it's crazy how high is it, and with shipping to Europe it's really a "nope" for me.

And I don't understand why Funko don't release more of her ? I mean they would sale ! so they will not loose money !

People weren't too happy with the broken tail and wings problem, though.  If Funko is smart (and I believe they are) they're trying to fix that problem with the mold before sending any more out.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:15 AM »

Hot Topic has done an AMAZINGLY TERRIBLE JOB

* About 50% of the orders they packed up had the WRONG ponies in them or the WRONG numbers of ponies -  so there were people who ordered 10 who got 1... I ordered 5 of each and got 10 of one of them... 
* They are absolutely terrible about returns- they will put you on hold if you call for 20-40 minutes, they respond to email customer service inquiries with completely useless answers after about 3- 7 days, the only fairly prompt customer service is provided by messenging them on Facebook?!
* Even if they messed up and sent you the wrong ponies- they won't send you the correct ones until you send the wrong ones back- they don't give you anything at all for your trouble, not even an apology
* They ship out new orders of ponies before filling the PRE-ORDERS- every, single time.

I didn't actually run into the problem with the tails falling out for these ones, but I didn't check too hard either- and actually I am not very intimidated by that issue since it is so easy to fix with glue (actually I wish I could do all the gluing with these ponies since the factory gluing is SO sloppy)
I am still waiting for my Celestia ponies. These were ponies I ordered in OCTOBER.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 26, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »
Hot Topic has done an AMAZINGLY TERRIBLE JOB

* About 50% of the orders they packed up had the WRONG ponies in them or the WRONG numbers of ponies -  so there were people who ordered 10 who got 1... I ordered 5 of each and got 10 of one of them... 
* They are absolutely terrible about returns- they will put you on hold if you call for 20-40 minutes, they respond to email customer service inquiries with completely useless answers after about 3- 7 days, the only fairly prompt customer service is provided by messenging them on Facebook?!
* Even if they messed up and sent you the wrong ponies- they won't send you the correct ones until you send the wrong ones back- they don't give you anything at all for your trouble, not even an apology
* They ship out new orders of ponies before filling the PRE-ORDERS- every, single time.

I didn't actually run into the problem with the tails falling out for these ones, but I didn't check too hard either- and actually I am not very intimidated by that issue since it is so easy to fix with glue (actually I wish I could do all the gluing with these ponies since the factory gluing is SO sloppy)
I am still waiting for my Celestia ponies. These were ponies I ordered in OCTOBER.

I haven't had any issues with my figures breaking either, but I know a ton of people on Instagram who were always commenting on my pictures of Funko Celestia and Luna, telling me how theirs are broken, had bad paint jobs, etc.  So I know it's a huge problem... which sucks.

SERIOUSLY?!  That's a looooong time to wait for something and Celestia was showing up in stores pretty frequently, heck... her glitter version was one of the easiest to ever come by.  That's ridiculous that you don't have yours yet.

And I was told during the whole fiasco that "pre-ordering doesn't mean you're first in line for ponies".  Um, excuse me, but what exactly does pre-ordering mean then?  To know that I placed an order for a product within a few hours of it being listed, only to be one of the last to get said product, makes me angry.  I really hope this doesn't happen again.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #792 on: January 26, 2015, 11:49:20 AM »
I swear it seemed like Celestia glitters were 1/12 and Lunas were 1/48

For Sale Wants

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 26, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »
Sorry to hear everyone's been having so much trouble ! I walked in to my local hot topic yesterday and they had a glitter Celestia :) so I grabbed her.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 26, 2015, 02:20:59 PM »
*sighs* Has anyone found any regular Lunas in their stores lately?

I have yet to see one and my order was canceled online. >.<
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal