collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69246 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #690 on: December 29, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
Hmm, maybe I'll try that, thanks!

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 30, 2014, 05:43:56 AM »
Finally got mine. No glitters, but I really din't expected to get any, not with ordering one of each. But on the positive side, at least I got right amount of figures and both of them were intact.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #692 on: December 30, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
Yes- I got 10 Lunas.  It says right on my order ticket FIVE CELESTIA FIVE LUNA on two separate lines. How could they possibly have made such a dumb mistake as to give me 10 of the same thing?

I had promised a couple of people a set of them, and now I just have Luna so can't send a set to anyone and I'm back to square one with myself as well. What am I going to do with TEN?

Yet another order ticket to HT Customer Service.  I hope that unlike the last time, they can get back to me in less than 5 days, but I won't hold my breath.

Jeeeeeeze HotTopic!! Seriously, this wave is a huge MESS! Hey, if they send you 5 Lunas or refund you, I will take one of those 10 Celestias if you wanna get rid of them! I went buy one at HT the other day, it said $18 on the box but rang up as $24... I had to put her back as I only had a $20 bill and some change.

Thank you guys for letting me know the Target RD has glitter and isnt metallic! Ive never seen one in person, so it was hard for me to remember. We went to 3 different Targets and the MLP section was cleared out of ponies!!! I saw some princesses on clearance, but I want the RD. Looks like i will have to order her online or wait.

Sadly, i really cant buy much with these next few paychecks because of bills *sigh*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 30, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »
Yes- I got 10 Lunas.  It says right on my order ticket FIVE CELESTIA FIVE LUNA on two separate lines. How could they possibly have made such a dumb mistake as to give me 10 of the same thing?

I had promised a couple of people a set of them, and now I just have Luna so can't send a set to anyone and I'm back to square one with myself as well. What am I going to do with TEN?

Yet another order ticket to HT Customer Service.  I hope that unlike the last time, they can get back to me in less than 5 days, but I won't hold my breath.

My advice: go through Facebook
Make sure they give you a pre-paid return label.

I doubt local a store has five Celestias (most I am seeing is 4 each).  I don't know if doing an in-person exchange is a possibility for you...

I sent them an email message and a message through facebook yesterday. I sure hope they get back to me. So annoying!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 30, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »
Thank you guys for letting me know the Target RD has glitter and isnt metallic! Ive never seen one in person, so it was hard for me to remember. We went to 3 different Targets and the MLP section was cleared out of ponies!!! I saw some princesses on clearance, but I want the RD. Looks like i will have to order her online or wait.

Sadly, i really cant buy much with these next few paychecks because of bills *sigh*

When I saw the Target RD the other day, it wasn't with the rest of the pony toys.  It was at the end of an aisle with other Funko figures.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 31, 2014, 01:39:11 AM »
Quick question about the Metalic RD, is her paintjob any good? I've seen some pics where the hair colour doesn't quite cover it all and silver peaks through?

And if anyone wants a chuckle. I saw an online store selling the Target Exclusive Black RD (a AU/UK gaming store, not Target lol) for over $35. Hahahaha no.

Also, how long is the Hot Topic exclusive selling period? We just got AJ & Big Mac down here. I'm waiting for Rarity and was wondering how long I can expect to wait for Celestia on top of that... if she even makes it down here with all the insanity!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 31, 2014, 06:25:34 AM »
Quick question about the Metalic RD, is her paintjob any good? I've seen some pics where the hair colour doesn't quite cover it all and silver peaks through?

And if anyone wants a chuckle. I saw an online store selling the Target Exclusive Black RD (a AU/UK gaming store, not Target lol) for over $35. Hahahaha no.

Also, how long is the Hot Topic exclusive selling period? We just got AJ & Big Mac down here. I'm waiting for Rarity and was wondering how long I can expect to wait for Celestia on top of that... if she even makes it down here with all the insanity!

I believe it was 6 months in the past, but I haven't seen Twilight/Trixie pop up anywhere other than HT.  Same with Rarity/Daring/Discord.

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »

I believe it was 6 months in the past, but I haven't seen Twilight/Trixie pop up anywhere other than HT.  Same with Rarity/Daring/Discord.

I actually saw Twilight as well as Big Mac pop up in my local Barnes and Nobles the other day.  I'm still waiting to find Trixie.  I already had her from Hot Topic, but I'd love to get an extra one for my work.  The Great Late and Powerful Trixie.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #698 on: December 31, 2014, 07:30:56 AM »

I actually saw Twilight as well as Big Mac pop up in my local Barnes and Nobles the other day.  I'm still waiting to find Trixie.  I already had her from Hot Topic, but I'd love to get an extra one for my work.  The Great Late and Powerful Trixie.

I noticed that Twilight is on Walmart.com. She was in a package deal with Rainbow Dash which I found kind of strange but I don't think they had Trixie.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 31, 2014, 10:01:09 AM »

I recall seeing the Amazon SDCC Funko ponies on Ebay UK for a BIN of ...£60 each, I think? They were, what, £20 tops inc postage and import VAT direct from Amazon US? Some people just scalp the prices because they can, especially if something is exclusive u_u and then some people pay that because they don't know any better sigh I've seen regular Discord on Ebay UK for something like £50, too, even though he'll not be over £20 when FP and other Funko shops here get him.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 31, 2014, 10:16:51 AM »
I read somewhere that Luna possibly won't be available to buy in store if you haven't seen her yet (talking mostly to my fellow east coasters here) so yeah...that's a dumb load of bull crap that may or may not be happening. It sounds strange, but with how things have been going, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm still sorta hoping she'll pop up sometime next month, but I'm starting to doubt it. When I went to HT over the weekend, two of the workers looked at me crazy when I asked about Luna. They said “We don't know of any more vinyls, just Discord and Celestia POP figures." :huh:

She's back up on Hot Topic's site, though.  I'm just a little upset because she's the only glitter I need and eBay prices are too awful for me to consider.

Now I'm tempted to write YET ANOTHER letter explaining my frustrations with this wave. Funko and Hot Topic did a terrible job this time around, and if it's true that they aren't shipping Luna to any more stores, then that sorta drives the last nail into the coffin.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 31, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »
I read somewhere that Luna possibly won't be available to buy in store if you haven't seen her yet (talking mostly to my fellow east coasters here) so yeah...that's a dumb load of bull crap that may or may not be happening. It sounds strange, but with how things have been going, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm still sorta hoping she'll pop up sometime next month, but I'm starting to doubt it. When I went to HT over the weekend, two of the workers looked at me crazy when I asked about Luna. They said “We don't know of any more vinyls, just Discord and Celestia POP figures." :huh:

She's back up on Hot Topic's site, though.  I'm just a little upset because she's the only glitter I need and eBay prices are too awful for me to consider.

Now I'm tempted to write YET ANOTHER letter explaining my frustrations with this wave. Funko and Hot Topic did a terrible job this time around, and if it's true that they aren't shipping Luna to any more stores, then that sorta drives the last nail into the coffin.

I don't know where you read that of course, but it seems unlikely. Hot Topic restocked all of the other ponies several times. They seem to stop restocking sometime after exclusivity ends. I really don't think the employees are "in the know" about much. They get the boxes, they unwrap them, they put them out...

Alzatia

« Reply #702 on: December 31, 2014, 11:49:28 AM »
Well if there's a chance stores are not getting Luna in anymore that explains why she hasn't arrived where I live. We got the POP Discord and Celestia figures in, on freaking time. And yet still no sign of FUNKO Vinyl Luna while all stores got in Celestia.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 31, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
Hmm...the thing is, in my area, they don't restock at all.

It's a one-and-done thing with the Funko ponies.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #704 on: December 31, 2014, 11:52:49 AM »
Hmm...the thing is, in my area, they don't restock at all.

It's a one-and-done thing with the Funko ponies.

Same here never seen a restock, the come in sell and gone until next wave. We might have missed Luna due to all the issues..

PS. Every time I see your picture Alzatia I want a Funko Shining Armor so bad or a guard pony with armor!

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal