collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 68421 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #570 on: December 18, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
This pal of mine on facebook ,ordered 2 ,1 of each, he received a glitter Celestia !!!!
LOL  here I'm with 6 of each  today and no glitters, I will have to remind myself of making just at least a couple of orders of just 1 and try that LOL
it's worth a shot: I only pre-ordered one Luna and got a glitter, and the only other time I preordered (two Fluttershys) i ended up with one regular and one glitter.  :blink:

Yeah... seems unfair to taunt buyers with rare, random variants and then get huffy when people buy huge lots of them. 9_9
exactly!! They cant get mad at customers for buying so many of them in the first place due to specifically stating "one out of 24 will be a glitter pony". It's like...what did they expect: people to ONLY buy one or two? No, they're going to buy as many as possible, especially if Hot Cash is active, in hopes of getting that glitter variant!  :lol:
It's HT's fault for not having that Bulk Buyer limit in the first place.

....and in some ways at least, it can be FUNKO's fault for having glitter variants for the ponies at all.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #571 on: December 18, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
Honestly this whole thing is very stressful. If I wasn't over the moon for Luna, I wouldn't bother, but she's my army pony and the glitter is extra awesome fabulous.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 18, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
....and in some ways at least, it can be FUNKO's fault for having glitter variants for the ponies at all.

It wouldn't be Funko if they didn't do a million and one variants for the same figures!

Seriously, it's why I'm debating ever collecting the POP! figures (not the pony ones).
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #573 on: December 18, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »
I've never done bulk orders.  I've always ordered one of each figure each wave and I've so far received more glitters in my orders than people I know who've done bulk orders.  Not rubbing it in anyone's face, just saying that ordering a ton doesn't up the chances. :shrug: Personally, I didn't understand the point in ordering multiples, but that's just me (thank you for explaining, Spiffy).
  Yes , it is pretty obvious they are throwing the glitters to customer who order just 1 and no  more,maybe is their way of telling us, ordering a ton won't get you glitters  :P
Which I was planing on doing it,but at least I did not order as many as I was doing before .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #574 on: December 18, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
I've never done bulk orders.  I've always ordered one of each figure each wave and I've so far received more glitters in my orders than people I know who've done bulk orders.  Not rubbing it in anyone's face, just saying that ordering a ton doesn't up the chances. :shrug: Personally, I didn't understand the point in ordering multiples, but that's just me (thank you for explaining, Spiffy).
  Yes , it is pretty obvious they are throwing the glitters to customer who order just 1 and no  more,maybe is their way of telling us, ordering a ton won't get you glitters  :P
Which I was planing on doing it,but at least I did not order as many as I was doing before .

I will say the two Celestia glitters I got were in non tampered with cases, and out of the same amount of Lunas that were "tampered with" I got no glitters of her. Not sure if its just random or if anything goes into it. According to them them just go in order.

For Sale Wants

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna &amp; Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #575 on: December 18, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »

It wouldn't be Funko if they didn't do a million and one variants for the same figures!

Seriously, it's why I'm debating ever collecting the POP! figures (not the pony ones).

I hear ya moonbeam! I collect some of the pop figures and have decided that before I buy I wait 6 months to see what variants come out. I'm only going to get 1 of each figure so I have to be choosy. With  the ponies I can get everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
Well, my Celestia and Luna came today.  Both regular, but that's what I collect so I'm fine with it.  Luna definitely has some disheartening quality issues, though.  Crusty glue around the base of her DS wing and lots of visible glue inside her mane.  Is the visible glue inside her mane a normal thing??  It doesn't look so hot.

The Celestia I got looks pretty darn nice though.  I kind of with they'd put a gradient in her hair or some glitter, though.  And I really wish these two were to scale with each other and with the other ponies.  Especially Celestia.  She's so small that I don't even want to display her next to the other Funkos.  I was the same way with Funko Discord.  He's just too small for the Funko ponies, so I display him next to my regular brushable ponies and that's much more to scale.  ^.^

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »
Apparently at 4:34pm this afternoon my order arrived!!!!!

I need to check my phone settings to see why it didn't alert me...
...this is great because it means I can get the ponies out to the people who ordered from me by 12/20, which means they'll get them before Christmas! :D

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2014, 12:11:34 AM »
I didn't pre-order this time around but I've been calling a bunch of hot topics near by but none have gotten the princesses. What's funny is that I have glitter Luna and I just purchased  glitter celestia. Looks like I'll be having the glitters before the solids.

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »
I didn't pre-order this time around but I've been calling a bunch of hot topics near by but none have gotten the princesses. What's funny is that I have glitter Luna and I just purchased  glitter celestia. Looks like I'll be having the glitters before the solids.
No love for us here on the east coast.  :cry:

I'm really tempted to bid on a glitter Celestia, but I know I'll get outbid because I'm not paying like... $70.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 19, 2014, 03:22:43 AM »
I thought, for a while, that it gave international buyers a better deal with shipping...

This probably was true till Hot Topic started their -50% international shipping offers this past summer.

As for my order, still nothing and that includes any reply from Hot Topic on what's going on with my order.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #581 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:48 AM »
Not true about them giving glitters to people who only order one. I have only ever ordered one of each and not a single glitter has come to me.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 19, 2014, 06:39:05 AM »
Not true about them giving glitters to people who only order one. I have only ever ordered one of each and not a single glitter has come to me.
Exactly.

What I don't think people (some, not all) get is that it's a 1 in 24 chance for each figure, not “I ordered 24 so I should get 1 glitter".  I'm pretty sure they don't look at orders and decide the smaller orders get the chase figures, that's just bad business.
Instagram / Want List

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 19, 2014, 06:42:14 AM »
It's 1/24 when produced at Funko.  Once at HT's distribution center they get scrambled and distributed randomly.  It's not a 1/24 chance with HT.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #584 on: December 19, 2014, 06:58:49 AM »
It's 1/24 when produced at Funko.  Once at HT's distribution center they get scrambled and distributed randomly.  It's not a 1/24 chance with HT.

^This, sometimes I get no glitters, sometimes I get 3 glitters from the same amount its kinda random.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal