collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69080 times)

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »
I'm supposedly on my Hot Topic's list, they have my name and number and what I'm looking for, so I was told they'd call me when the Lunas came in, but I'm nervous they forgot, I went over there this past Friday. If I get a bit of time this week/weekend, I'm going to go look again. Just so nervous about getting a glitter! I just can't justify $75 on eBay for it. :(

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »
Not sure how long it takes for the ponies from Funko to the distribution center but I hope they made it today..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
I'm supposedly on my Hot Topic's list, they have my name and number and what I'm looking for, so I was told they'd call me when the Lunas came in, but I'm nervous they forgot, I went over there this past Friday. If I get a bit of time this week/weekend, I'm going to go look again. Just so nervous about getting a glitter! I just can't justify $75 on eBay for it. :(

Assume they did forget.  I'm on "the list" of four different stores.  They have never called me.  Ever.  One employee gave it to me straight:  they tend to lose the list :/

Iris Patch

« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2014, 08:56:05 PM »

Assume they did forget.  I'm on "the list" of four different stores.  They have never called me.  Ever.  One employee gave it to me straight:  they tend to lose the list :/

The list was a Excel spreadsheet (she let me see her typing on it), so at least it's hard to lose? But depending on who is working I can easily see somebody not bothering to call. I guess we'll see!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
I too agree with "assume they forgot to call you" and go there yourself to check.  When it comes to a situation like that, I've never had a store call me back when they got something in (unless I personally knew an employee who worked there).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Alzatia

« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2014, 04:08:47 AM »
The "list" at the one nearest to me is just a little piece of paper with my name, what I'm looking for and my number that's taped to the inner counter. Regardless of that, they have called me in the past, but they do sometimes forget. So I don't rely on that and just always swing by.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2014, 06:10:12 AM »
I would act as though I'm not on a list and call.  They could forget, or the list could be non-existent.

I'm not on any sort of list at any of the Hot Topic's around me, but I do call almost every day when I know new figures are supposed to arrive.  Plus a lot of the employees seem to recognize me... I know a few of them have actually gone into the back to look for glitter figures for me if I asked.  ^.^

That being said, I haven't called to see if Spitfire popped up anywhere around here.  I know last week none of the stores here had her, but maybe they do now.  I already have her glitter, but I'd love to snag another one up to sell to a friend who needs her.
Instagram / Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2014, 09:39:58 AM »
I'm on the list too on all the stores, they have never called me,I was told last time I call to check on glitters on one ,is that they do not suppose to tell you when you call if they have one or not :(
I went by the other day and saw the regular Lunas on the shelf and so far no Celestia's yet.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »
I was told last time I call to check on glitters on one ,is that they do not suppose to tell you when you call if they have one or not :(
Aww, really?  I've never been told that before, but I've heard other people say that their Hot Topic has told them the same thing.  :(

I know at least one of the Hot Topic's near me will hold a glitter for 24 hours if you ask and they have one.

Another time, I went to Hot Topic and I was looking at the pony figures.  One of the employee's pointed out that they had a glitter Discord behind the counter and she let me buy it.  I guess every Hot Topic is different!
Instagram / Want List

Alzatia

« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »
Each store is really its own little world. Different types of employees, different flows of traffic, ect. So I just take the most eficient approach for me which is just hitting the stores every day.

l3lackrosez26

« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2014, 07:35:38 PM »
I pre-ordered two of each back at the beginning of November, and am still waiting to get them too.  I ordered a set for myself, and a set for my son. I did the ship to store thing so won't really get anything for the wait.  I do keep checking the Hot Topic closest to me every few days to see if any Luna's have shown up, but no luck yet.  Plenty of Blue Flu Discords and Metallic Hair Rainbow Dashes.  One of the employees there knows me by name now, and knows that I'm anxious to get The Princesses, and has even gone as far as to call me when HT sent out the email update a week ago in case I hadn't seen it yet.  I stopped in tonight to see if Luna had made her appearance yet, but no luck.  He saw me come in the store and asked if I had heard anything yet, and I told him what I knew about the strike.  He felt bad that I hadn't gotten them yet, so he gave me a free $15 Hot Cash card for the trouble, which was really nice of him to do.

The funny thing is, I've gotten emails from Hot Topic asking me to review my Funko purchases.  I'd love to, if I could get them!

I really hope they show up soon.  Status on the website still says "fulfilling order".  Come on "Order Shipped"!

Iris Patch

« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
Checked today, my Hot Topic doesn't have them yet. I feel comforted that the lady working there immediately recognized me from last time and remembered exactly what I was looking for. She even double-checked in the back for me without my asking. As long as she is working when the new shipments arrive I feel pretty confident she'll call me. If I don't hear back this time next week I'll stop by again, it's only 10 minutes away.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Yeah, my closest Hot Topic is just a 10 minute drive away so I don't mind stopping up there if I feel up to it, just to see if they have anything.  I always try calling first though.  I'm really hoping we all hear something about our orders being shipped within the next few days!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
Todays the day 12/12 lets see if anything happens?

OMG update: Just talked to HT they just got word they have arrived and are rushing to ship them out starting now!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:25:10 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #404 on: December 12, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
Todays the day 12/12 lets see if anything happens?

OMG update: Just talked to HT they just got word they have arrived and are rushing to ship them out starting now!
I think they charged my CC :)!!!!
means they will be making it a real deal of shipping them today :)

awesome !!!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal