collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69046 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »
Everything else aside, preorders just take way too damn long. Call me impatient, but I'm not going to be paying in advance anymore for something when it'll be in stores only a few days after I receive mine. Not bothering with shipping and waiting forever anymore.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »
Sadly, I would not be surprised if Luna and especially Celestia started showing up in stores before the pre-orders gets sent out (and j do mean within a few days). It can happen - I remember years ago there was a Monster High TRU exclusive doll two-pack that started showing up in stores at least a month before ANY of the pre-orders were shipped out.

Nowadays, unless it's for video games, pre-orders =\= get it first or right on release day. Pre-orders just guarantees that you get one. :(

Amd i also dont understand why they dont just ship out all the pre-order Lunas that are/were paired with Celestia, unless HT really wants to save on shipping. A part of me kinda wonders (and a bit suspicious of) why they had listed some people's pre-orders as "shipped" weeks ago.

There is NO reason that I can think of (from a customer standpoint) on why they haven't shipped Luna yet.

When they have an item in stock, they ship it out separately, right?

My theory:  They don't have enough Lunas to go around, so they're using this Celestia situation & ordering more Lunas at the same time.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
Sadly, I would not be surprised if Luna and especially Celestia started showing up in stores before the pre-orders gets sent out (and j do mean within a few days). It can happen - I remember years ago there was a Monster High TRU exclusive doll two-pack that started showing up in stores at least a month before ANY of the pre-orders were shipped out.

Nowadays, unless it's for video games, pre-orders =\= get it first or right on release day. Pre-orders just guarantees that you get one. :(

Amd i also dont understand why they dont just ship out all the pre-order Lunas that are/were paired with Celestia, unless HT really wants to save on shipping. A part of me kinda wonders (and a bit suspicious of) why they had listed some people's pre-orders as "shipped" weeks ago.

There is NO reason that I can think of (from a customer standpoint) on why they haven't shipped Luna yet.

When they have an item in stock, they ship it out separately, right?

My theory:  They don't have enough Lunas to go around, so they're using this Celestia situation & ordering more Lunas at the same time.
I guess I can see why they sent out just the "Luna only orders", but they should also send the Lunas seperately for the ones who had ordered Celestia as well. This just makes things more frustrating for people. I do know of other sites that do this, but they at least give you the option of either "send preordered items separately from in-stock items" or "send everything once the Pre-ordered item comes in" when you initially place your order.

Everything else aside, preorders just take way too damn long. Call me impatient, but I'm not going to be paying in advance anymore for something when it'll be in stores only a few days after I receive mine. Not bothering with shipping and waiting forever anymore.
IMO, if it wasnt for the whole "1/24 is a glitter" thing, I don't think so many people would be pre-ordering the Funko ponies. Excluding the ones who dont live near a HT, of course.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2014, 03:37:21 PM »
IMO, if it wasnt for the whole "1/24 is a glitter" thing, I don't think so many people would be pre-ordering the Funko ponies. Excluding the ones who dont live near a HT, of course.
Well that and it's been cheaper to pre-order as they go on sale during hot cash or other deals.
There isn't always a sale going on when they hit stores and I like to get them asap, but also prefer to get them on sale when possible.

Can someone who got Luna already please let me know the dimensions of the box?
I'm thinking I'm going to probably have to display the princesses a bit differently because of how wide the box is.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:41:48 PM by Flitter »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »
Well that and it's been cheaper to pre-order as they go on sale during hot cash or other deals.
There isn't always a sale going on when they hit stores and I like to get them asap, but also prefer to get them on sale when possible.

Can someone who got Luna already please let me know the dimensions of the box?
I'm thinking I'm going to probably have to display the princesses a bit differently because of how wide the box is.
I got 3 yesterday but all are already gone as people who pre ordered with me from overseas have been waiting long enough for them. they are  for sure longer than the regular boxes not taller though.

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna &amp; Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
I am not home right now but can post measurements tomorrow if no one else has yet.  Yes, the boxes are much bigger than I was expecting.  I still have 2 extras available.  I bought extras because I got the best discount buying them that way.  So now even after factoring in my gas money I can still sell them here for less than retail to help others out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2014, 05:00:30 PM »
If they ship them by the 12th, then I still have a slim chance to get them for Christmas, but any later than that there is no hope that to happen, actually few day later and it might mean I'm not seeing them before January.

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2014, 05:44:38 PM »
I ordered a shirt at the same time I ordered my ponies and blue flu Discord. The shirt came right away and now my order says shipped. I know blue Discord is already out in stores but they haven't shipped him to me yet. This has me a little concerned about receiving my Luna/Celestia pre-orders. I guess in the future I shouldn't put pre-orders in the same transaction as in stock orders.
I have done it before and they always  do ship all of your items regardless of the status of the order.

Me as well. The only part that has me worried is that they didn't ship Discord, which is in stock. Usually they ship the items that are available. I'm probably just getting antsy because of the pre-order delays, for all I know Discord's on his way already  ^.^

They told me my Blue Discord wouldn't be shipped until all the ponies are shipped, I would have to cancel my order and re order to fix it, not happening. So I bought a Blue Discord in store.

Huh. It's so odd the way they're handling things with this batch of Funkos.  :shrug:

Thanks for the info, now I'm not so worried!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:53:55 PM by SailorEarth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »
I'm going to copy/paste Neon's post from the FunkoFunatic forum so that you're all aware of the response he got.

"We just received notice that they still have not been received yet. We are hoping to have them shipped out by 12/12. Sorry about that, and thanks for your patience!"

There ya have it, folks!  :mad:

Thank you for letting us know! Honestly (as a few others have said) I only did the online preorder because they were doing a deal at the time, and shipping to the store was free. I learned my lesson, not doing that again. They've released enough of the Funko ponies at this point that it shouldn't be this much of a mess to get them shipped out on time.

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »
Thank you for letting us know! Honestly (as a few others have said) I only did the online preorder because they were doing a deal at the time, and shipping to the store was free. I learned my lesson, not doing that again. They've released enough of the Funko ponies at this point that it shouldn't be this much of a mess to get them shipped out on time.

That's why I did it!  There are plenty of Hot Topic's within driving distance to me, so sure I could wait for them to pop up in the store, but I liked that I was getting a pretty nice discount during their sales around the time that pre-orders went up.

Now that I think about it, though... they're almost always doing a buy-on-get-one half off sale in the store.  That's really not bad, either.
Instagram / Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2014, 08:53:58 PM »

That's why I did it!  There are plenty of Hot Topic's within driving distance to me, so sure I could wait for them to pop up in the store, but I liked that I was getting a pretty nice discount during their sales around the time that pre-orders went up.

Now that I think about it, though... they're almost always doing a buy-on-get-one half off sale in the store.  That's really not bad, either.
They kinda cheated us this time around since this time also we did not get the hot cash, so the pre ordering was just pointless, when there is HotCash , you get a 50 % disc on each pony, at the stores you get bogo 50 % which ends up being 25 % on each pony you get , guess this was a "special royal release" :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2014, 09:10:04 PM »

They kinda cheated us this time around since this time also we did not get the hot cash, so the pre ordering was just pointless, when there is HotCash , you get a 50 % disc on each pony, at the stores you get bogo 50 % which ends up being 25 % on each pony you get , guess this was a "special royal release" :(

Royal mess

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2014, 04:54:02 AM »
Hot Cash rarely goes active when I need it and the shipping from their website takes to long, plus it's way to expensive for my area. Even when ordering in store, it kinda bugs me when the employees try to suggest "order it online to arrive here". Takes to long, better of waiting for them to hit stores. Best method for me has been going on a good old toy hunt. What I can't sometimes manage to find, has been glitters (and that really only been twice) since scalpers have become more active in my area.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2014, 06:12:26 AM »
Pre-ordering for the sale wasn't totally pointless, since I believe everything was 25% off whenever the pre-orders first went up.  Granted this was the first time that Hot Cash wasn't active when the figures were online, but still...

I've still had better luck with ordering online and having it shipped to the store.  I know it says something like 7 to 14 days, but my items would always arrive way before that.  Which is why I kept doing the ship-to-store option. 

I do believe I'm done with pre-orders, though.  There are so many Hot Topic's within driving distance that I don't really need to order the figures online.  Plus this whole thing has been a mess and I'm not too happy with the customer service I've been receiving.  -_-
Instagram / Want List

Kalma

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2014, 11:10:12 AM »
Yeah, this whole roll out is a mess.  I placed my order for one of each on the day they were up for pre-order.  I am peeved that my Luna hasn't been shipped especially since it is ship to store.  I ordered these for a birthday on the 17th, now I am going to be the jerk who shows up empty handed, a 5 year old is not going to care that its late, but they will remember that Aunt Kalma didn't give a present on her birthday.  thanks Hot Topic!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal