collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Ornament Swap - all done!  (Read 13646 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
2014 Ornament Swap - all done!
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »

Welcome to the Ornament Swap.
A swap for us to share our love of the season with each other.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Basic Info:
This swap is about exchanging Holiday ornaments with each other.  But everyone celebrates the holidays differently, please keep that in mind when shopping.  There is no minimum nor maximum number of ornaments.  You can spend the budget on one amazing ornament, or buy lots of little ones.
Please include extras in the box.  These do not go to the value of the box, but can include anything, candy, note books, pencils, hand made goodies,  Keeping them holiday themed would be great, but you don't have to.

Rules:
* Per Arena rules you must be at least 16 years old.
* You should have at least 3 positive feedbacks for trading/selling.
* You must have 150  posts here in the arena.
* You must be an active member for 6 months or more.
* You should have participated in at least one other swap.
**If you do not meet one of the 4 criteria directly above but would still like to join, send me a pm, I can be flexible depending on how far your are off)**
* This swap has a value of $15 not including extras.  You can go over, but please try not to by too much, and don't be disappointed if your partner does not.
* There is a minimum of $5 to be spent on extras.
* This is a random swap, please do not contact your partner directly, and do not say who your partner is anywhere else.
* This swap does not have a wish list per say, but it is important to let your partner know what colours and themes your interested in.  Please make a list including preferred colours, themes, religious or not, and if you have any allergies.
* Shipping is not included in the value of the box.
* Gifts must be wrapped.
* Include a card for your partner saying who the box is from.
*If you include a glass ornament please make sure it is packed very well (this could mean packing it in it's own smaller box within the larger one).  We don't want any broken ornaments.
*Either tracking or insurance on your swap box is recommended.
*You must post in this thread at least once every two weeks.  Do not join, if you don't plan on participating in the swap discussion.

Dates:
Forms in by 25th of October
partners assigned by: 1st of November
Shipping deadline for both international or domestic is December 3rd

At this point I have no maximum cap on numbers, but if I get a large number of people very quickly I may make a cap so we can all get started early.  I will also try and assign partners as quickly as possible as there is a very short shopping window on this swap.

Shipping deadline is the deadline.  We want people to have ornaments on their trees in December.  So please plan things well and make sure you get out on time.  I don't want people shipping late because they didn't budget for postage properly. 

If you want to ship early you can.

FORM:
Please PM this form to me:
1. Are you willing to ship international?

2. Post here a link to your feedback:

3. Any Candy Dislikes or Allergies?

4. In which swaps have you been before:

- Your Screen-Name:
 - Real Name and Mailing Address:
 - Your Email address:

When you have been approved I will also PM you this Form.  This is to go into the thread.  You can start filling it out now.  I will also add any questions asked by participants to this post.

1. What colours do you prefer:

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Coffee, tea, hot chocolate... What do you like and dislike?

Do you mind any art as extras? Do you have any favorite ponies/ponysona?

Participants:
xeeveeshipped/received
Dainty shipped/received
mkia9shipped/received
M!ndy shipped/received
icecreamgirl shipped/received
nessy_86 shipped/received
Maddieshipped/received
Mirajashipped/received
Sprinklecupcakepuffshipped/received
Wiccanpony1shipped/received
MikeysGrrrl shipped/received
DoeDearDarlingshipped/received

Questions from the group:
partner do you have any interest in the new G1 pony ornament?
Would you like some hand crafted ornaments as extras?
Do you like tree crackers? The ones that go bang not the ones you eat!
Are glittery ornaments ok? Also how much glitter?
What kind of chocolate do you each specifically like? Dark, white, milk, etc? Do you like hot chocolate?
Does anyone like mint (white or green) or peppermint (red and white) candy? Which do you perfer and do you like it with chocolate?
Do you like christmas socks/ fuzzy socks as an extra?
Do you like stickers?
Does anyone like pickle ornaments? Its a humorus american holiday tradition to stick a pickle ornament on the tree.
Regarding hot drinks, what devices do you have for making them (tea pot, tea infuser, kurig coffee machine)?
Do you have fur babies? If so would you like an ornament or extra for them?  If you have multiple fur babies do you have one in particular that is your <3 baby you would like something related to? Names and pictures of the fur children if you have them would be awesome!
Partner, can you name some small things you typically like to receive as extras so I can get an idea of your likes? Ex: stickers, candy, jewelry, pens, lotion, etc?
Partner, do you like customs or alternate rehairs?
Do you like scented holiday candles?
Do you like gingerbread men? (The designs, cookie, or scent)
Do you like Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, Frosty, or Santa??
A pink, cute, but maybe a tad childish one, or one in black and white but with an interesting comic strip?
How do you feel about Frozen wrapping paper?

*approved- kkat 10-17-2014*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:56:45 PM by xeevee »

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Ornament Swap
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »
Yay! Sign me up! This swap was so much fun last year!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »
Yay!!! I need to get my form in.

ETA: Sent :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:23:38 PM by mkia9 »

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »
I've also sent my form in! I had so much fun in the swap last year :)

Approved! Yay :dance2:

QUESTIONS:

For the Holidays I really love white - especially glittered! I also love the colours purple, blue, aqua and lime green when it comes to ornaments.
I definitely prefer silver over gold - I'm not a huge fan of gold in general.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:
While I celebrate the Christian holiday of Christmas, I'm not overly into religious ornaments unless you count stars or doves etc.

I love snowflakes! I also have other ornaments such as geckos and fish on my tree lol Above all I LOVE glitter and sparkles! I also love the acrylic ornaments that are made to look like crystal.

Peppermint candy canes! I do have to ask that you make sure they don't include gelatine though :blush:
In general, I love anything mint. I also love peanut brittle :heart:

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
I think I'd be happy with whatever my partner feels like doing. One beautiful expensive ornament would be lovely but so would lots of cheaper ones as long as they look pretty :)

No thank you. I'm very happy with acrylic/plastic that looks like glass though ;)

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.
I collect Zelfs and Adventure Time so any extras related to those would definitely be well received!

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Yep, I'm in Australia and customs are quite strict on food and plant materials coming in to the country so that rules out a lot of things (here's some information that covers it http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/mail/cant-mail).

GROUP QUESTIONS
Spoiler
Partner do you have any interest in the new G1 pony ornament?
I don't really keep up with pony releases anymore so probably not. 

No thank you. Only because I don't feel that handmade would work well with my other ornaments :blush:

Do you like tree crackers? The ones that go bang not the ones you eat!
I love them but no thank you.

Definitely!! The more glitter the better! As long as it's fine and good quality glitter though - and done tastefully.

What kind of chocolate do you each specifically like? Dark, white, milk, etc? Do you like hot chocolate?
I'm not a massive fan of chocolate but I do like mint with milk chocolate. I also like mint hot chocolate.

Does anyone like mint (white or green) or peppermint (red and white) candy? Which do you perfer and do you like it with chocolate?
I don't have a preference because I just LOVE mint in all forms :biggrin:
Probably not with chocolate though because artificial candy chocolate flavours don't agree with me. No gelatine either please.

I do love fuzzy socks, but as it's coming up to Summer for me I probably won't get much use out of them any time soon :blush:

Do you like stickers?
I do love stickers! Especially Adventure Time or even generic type stars etc.

Does anyone like pickle ornaments? Its a humorus american holiday tradition to stick a pickle ornament on the tree.
I already have one thank you :)

Tea is most definitely my hot drink of choice. I love peppermint the most, but I also drink black, white and green.

I don't mind art but I don't actually have a ponysona or a favourite pony really :blush: Maybe Munchy or Night Glider?

Regarding hot drinks, what devices do you have for making them (tea pot, tea infuser, kurig coffee machine)?
I have a few different tea pots (including a glass tea pot for blooming teas) and infusers. I also have a kettle for boiling water as well as a coffee press.

Do you have fur babies? If so would you like an ornament or extra for them?  If you have multiple fur babies do you have one in particular that is your <3 baby you would like something related to? Names and pictures of the fur children if you have them would be awesome!
Indoors I have 3 fur children - two dogs and a cat. They all have specific diets so no treats please.
Gremlin - Housecat 7 yr old
Spoiler

Dressed up for Christmas a couple of years ago (I'll have to update that!)
Gremlin thinks he's the boss of the house and likes to wear bow ties. He seems to have grown out of toys sadly :(

Pixie - Longhair Chihuahua 4 yr old
Spoiler

Not the best picture.. she'd just had a bath and was staring at Gremlin - they aren't the best of friends.
Pixie likes to get brushed and will occasionally wear clips in her hair.

Xia - Staffordshire Bull Terrier  7 months
Spoiler

Xia is still in her chewing stage.. at the moment her favourite "toy" is a dead tree branch -_-
She does also like sturdy rope toys but at the moment she'll find a way to destroy anything.
Ornaments reflecting them would probably be nice.

Partner, can you name some small things you typically like to receive as extras so I can get an idea of your likes? Ex: stickers, candy, jewelry, pens, lotion, etc?
Anything Adventure Time - especially stickers and anything to do with Lumpy Space Princess and BMO. I absolutely love peppermints and peppermint tea! I do like jewellery, but I have sensitive skin and can't wear silver-tone or any other toned base metals. I usually stick to solid sterling silver.
I love to paint so tiny tipped acrylic and/or water colour paint brushes would be great!

Partner, do you like customs or alternate rehairs?
No thank you. I'm not adding to my MLP collection at all right now.

Do you like scented holiday candles?
I'm not sure about "holiday" scents, but I do like candles! Plain or warm, woodsy scents I guess?

Do you like gingerbread men? (The designs, cookie, or scent)
Not particularly for all three - sorry :blush:

Do you like Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, Frosty, or Santa??
I actually really love reindeer in general but not really into Frosty or Santa.

A pink, cute, but maybe a tad childish one, or one in black and white but with an interesting comic strip?
Hmm they both sound interesting.. but if I really had to choose I think the comic strip sounds most interesting.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:18:11 AM by M!ndy »
:fox:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »
Have a great swap!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »
I love holiday ornaments!! Sent my form in  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 02:05:51 AM »
Im sending my form in tonight this swap has been great the last two years xx

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 06:47:23 AM »
Sent in my form! :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
Woo! I haven't missed this swap yet and won't this year either. Sending my form. ;)
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
Oh this was soooo much fun last year but I think I'll need to pass this year due to lack of time and money.  -_-

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline MiRaja

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »
This is the first swap I ever did!  No way passing it up again!  I've been waiting for it to pop up, been wanting to sign up for a swap since I've gone over a WHOLE month without working on a swap box! 

Form is in! Yaaaay!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
Sorry I was so late getting it up, MiRaja. My mum and a niece were visiting from Australia from the 23rd of Sept Until the 10th of this month.  I was so flat out busy it was insane.  I literally went to Universal Studios in both Hollywood and Orlando within a week of each other.  The day after they left I kept randomly falling asleep.

So 8 people signed up already.  I love how many people do this every time.  It's awesome!

If you pmed me and I didn't get back to you, you may need to send me the form again. 

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
Yay approved!

Orange is my favorite color, especially with red and yellow. But for the holidays, I love red and white together and blue and white together. Sparkles are always welcome :D. Our tree is all white, so colorful ornaments are perfect.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?: I'd prefer no religious items, please.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?I love pretty much all Christmas themes . I love reindeer, snowflakes, and penguins most. But I am also happy with non-Christmas themed ornaments!
I love Pocahontas and Aristocats. I also love the Big Bang theory, Game of thrones, Doctor Who, Harry potter, the hunger games, once upon a time, and glee. Any ornaments of these would be well received .
I'm a nurse, so any cute nursey ornaments would be okay too.
I love zebras and chihuahuas.

I love gummi candy, and dark chocolate. I also love mint chocolate, and just plain mint by itself. I love Reese's, m&ms (Esp peanut), and plain chocolate also. I'm also a fan of candy canes! I like peppermint ones and fruity ones too. The only ones I don't like are bubble gum or cotton candy.
I also loooove coffee and trying new flavors. So any coffee as an extra would be awesome.
I dislike candy with crunches in it (like crunch bar or crisp crunch).

Either way :). I'm not too picky.

Ehhh. I think they're gorgeous, but I have dogs and cats who make it way too hard to have anything easily breakable.

I collect Aristocats and Pocahontas merch. I'd love any extras with these. Favorite characters are the kittens from Aristocats and Pocahontas, Meeko, Flit and Percy from Pocahontas.

Not that I know of!

Questions from the group:
Spoiler
partner do you have any interest in the new G1 pony ornament?
No, thank you. I don't need her.

Yes! I love hand made ornaments and they are definitely welcome on my tree. My only comment would be to ask that they're not edible (because of the dogs and cats)....so none of the ones made from applesauce and cinnamon or whatever lol.

Do you like tree crackers? The ones that go bang not the ones you eat!I've never had one! I think it'd be fun as long as customs approves!

Glitter is definitely okay! Any amount lol. I'm not picky :P.

Mmmm I love almost all chocolate. My favorite is dark, but I like milk too. White is okay, but mostly just as a drizzle on top of dark or milk lol. I like hot cocoa! Especially with marshmallows and a candy cane.

I like all mint lol. Especially peppermint and wintergreen. Love candy canes! I looooove peppermint with chocolate. Especially in my hot cocoa or like Andes mints.

Yes!! Especially cute ones with little animals on them! I have size 10-11 feet though so opt for the big pair. But most one-size ones fit me ;)

Do you like stickers?
Love them!!! Again with little animals or cute things most. Reindeer, penguins, dogs, cats, etc. Small and furry = win.

I've already got a pickle for my tree :P

I looooooove coffee. I'm pretty game for any coffee flavor, but during the holidays I love gingerbread or pumpkin flavors. I also like hot cocoa, especially with mint!

Sure! My ponysona is seen in my avatar. Any take on her is fine (any gen, style, etc). Other Hasbro ponies I like are Zecora, Toola Roola, Rarity, and any g4 princess.

I have a Keurig one-cup maker that uses k-cups but I can use ground coffee in my reusable k-cup, so regular ground coffee is okay :). I also have a super cool TARDIS tea infuser for loose tea :D

Do you have fur babies? If so would you like an ornament or extra for them?
Yes, and absolutely yes! A chihuahua or kitty ornament would be well received :). Extras for them are welcome too! Doggies like any kind of balls or hard bones or something that squeaks. Cats mostly like jingle or crinkle balls or the box my prezzies come in lol.

If you have multiple fur babies do you have one in particular that is your <3 baby you would like something related to?
Yup. I love them all, but my babies are Carsyn, Blayne, and Kiera in the pics below!

Names and pictures of the fur children if you have them would be awesome!
In spoiler because I have lots of babies!!
Spoiler

Okay here's the doggies.
Top pic is Carsyn, my baby, and Sheldon who passed away last year. The bottom left picture shows my girls, Blayne and Carly. Blayne is my other baby and she's the yellow-tan one. Carly is the brindle girl. And last is Brody in the bottom right pic. He's the oldest and so sweet.

Not in the above collage is Cameron, our newest boy. He was a rescue and had to have a leg removed. He's the one in the bandana.

This is Kiera, aka Muffins. She is my baby kitten and mostly only likes me lol. We got her as a kitten with a bad respiratory infection to the point where her eye had ruptured. That's why she's my little one-eyed baby.

This is Harper, a -sweet- bottle fed calico tortoiseshell kitten (bahahaha). Anyone with cats with understand that one. But she can be very sweet.

And last of the kittens is Hank. He's a handsome man who always seems to be hungry lol.

We also have rats and guinea pigs, but that would be too many to name and picture lol. They've got more than enough play things and they get fresh veggies everyday so they don't need treats.

I love stickers, pens, candy, cute little things. Coffee or cocoa are good, too. Anything that has to do with Pocahontas or Aristocats. I love mugs.
Things I would rather not get: candles (only because I use a wax melter), lotion (I really dislike lotion). Otherwise I'm easy to please!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:58:10 AM by mkia9 »

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 09:33:01 PM »
Hi ponies  ;)

I love pastels and bright colors, and the kind of color combos in 80s and 90s girls fashion lol. pink and red, blue, teal, purple etc.. Preferably not entirely black ornaments :--)

I'm not religious so no thanks :--)

My tree doesn't have a lot of super christmas-y ornaments like santa etc.. Themes I like are.. Cute animals, my favorite are rats and mice, close second diluted calico cats :-) and boston terriers. Unicorns! Sweets, carousels :--) Ornaments based on cartoons and other stuff I collect!

I like lots of different kinds of candy... black licorice, fruity kinds, chocolate.. I also like coffee and tea :--)

Something in between please :--)

Sure

Sure :--) I collect pokemon and nintendo stuff specifically kirby and yoshi.. birdetta and wario + luigi.. g1 and g3 my little pony of course :--) and my girlfriend likes gundam and bionicle, and hedorah but i dont think there are any ornaments of those lol!

Nope.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:36:28 PM by Dainty »

Offline MiRaja

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
Don't worry Xeevee!  I have issues with patience and excitability!  It's definitely a busy season, been such a whirlwind for me, can't imagine all that on your plate!  Sheesh, get some rest!

I *do* hope we get enough sign-ups to start early. . .  << >> 

1. What colours do you prefer: I’m not terribly fussy, but I do prefer blues, greens and silvers, though I feel that is far too constraining.  I’m far more interested in SHINY and OOH PRETTY. 

I am firmly pagan, and celebrate Solstice and Yule(which is why I put up a tree, mine is a Yule tree ^^ ), so please, nothing Judeo-Christian themed.  I am also not much for anything with Santas. . . 

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?  Snowflakes definitely!  I’m stuck in Florida and I am from Wisconsin, so the snowier the better.  I like stuff that jingles, or has bells on it, musical notes, cats,  birds, general stars ( not the star of Bethlehem ) and the sort.  After last year’s swap, no pickles! :P

4. What candy do you like or dislike?  I am allergic to gluten, so please keep that in mind!  Anything with crunchy tidbits or cookies and that ( unless explicitly marked gluten-free ) are no go.  I love chocolate most of all, but gummy and sugary is okay too.  I am a big coffee and tea drinker as well. ^^

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?  I am open to anything and everything in between.  I do prefer quality over quantity though!  Antique finds are always welcomed too.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?  Very.  I would prefer glass, metal or natural materials for my ornaments.  I have a strange disdain for plastic anything minus MLP. 

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.  Besides ponies, I collect kimono, antique dolls ( American, German, Japanese ) and the sort, so have fun with that. . .not. . .  That’s a bit hard to work with, if nothing else, go with cats, because apparently I’ve started to collect those. . . 

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?  Not that I am aware of. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal