collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Walking Dead S5 Discussion - Spoilers  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead S5 Discussion - Spoilers
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
Well written True, and I agree with you. I really liked this episode!

Spoiler
I'm not Beth's biggest fan. But she's an interesting character, even more so since having been paired up with Daryl in season 4. It was a good episode, and I feel up to speed in this one episode, no need to drag it out. Well handled!

I really, really hope that Noah made it and that that's him with Daryl, even though I can't wait for Morgan either.

Hm, I wonder if Carole is all right, and that's just playing?

Just like you wrote True, did all the scum survive? Really? I understand that that woman is trying to something good, but there are some evils that can be handled and not accepted - such as rape for once...

Either way, he got his.

Good episode, can't wait for the next!
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline Pinkhazard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
I liked this episode a lot!

Spoiler
I like the development of Beth's character, she is evolving at her own pace, which is slower than other character's, but it suits her. Especially the fact that Carol is now in the same hospital as she is, is exciting for me, because Carol was once thought of as weak as well. The two paired up would make an interesting storyline.

Offline Nekoi

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2014, 02:04:27 AM »
Oh totally agree with that, Pinkhazard! :)

Her character might not have developed fast, but she has developed well and for me very believable.

TV.com has an excellent review for this episode as well.

So far this season I'm very invested and excited, yay season five! :)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2014, 03:04:59 AM »
Totally agree with you, True and Pinkhazard!!   :P  i can't wait to see what will happen now.  I'm sure that it's
Spoiler
Noah hiding in the woods behind Daryl.  I wonder if Carol and Beth will pretend not to know each other... either way that hospital is in for a surprise.
  Left me dying for the next episode! 

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2014, 07:20:59 PM »
Totally agree with you, True and Pinkhazard!!   :P  i can't wait to see what will happen now.  I'm sure that it's
Spoiler
Noah hiding in the woods behind Daryl.  I wonder if Carol and Beth will pretend not to know each other... either way that hospital is in for a surprise.
  Left me dying for the next episode!

This ^ is exactly what I'm thinking, too! :)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2014, 05:48:05 AM »
I'm thinking...

Spoiler
Noah came across Carol and Daryl whilst escaping, and told them about the hospital/Beth.

Carol is (somewhat) faking it to get in to the hospital to help get Beth out from the inside, whilst Daryl helps from the outside.

I don't think we're aligned with the other group yet - unless we are and Daryl has come back to get help I suppose...

Next week is such a long time away!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »
Daffy, I'm thinking absolutely the same!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »
Me too, that would be awesome!

Offline gemgemrosettes

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Rosette maker & G1 Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »
I'm thinking something similar daffydilly. It looks like from the trailer that it may be focusing on another group next week though.

Offline Nekoi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2014, 01:26:58 AM »
TV.com has written an excellent review of the latest episode, I know I keep bringing it up, but I think they're doing a really great job and I agree with a lot in it.

Spoiler
So this week we didn't get to follow up on Beth and Carol, nor on Rick's group.

Instead we got to follow Abraham's group and I gotta say that I really liked this episode. It seems likes this season is trying something new, and so far I appreciate the style of the episodes.

Gotta say though, I'm a slow or something? I hadn't realized that Abraham and Ros... Rosita? Anyway, apparantly I'm terrible with names... That they were in a relationship, but hey good for them. Though Eugene, really, that's bad manners.

We got to know a bit more about Abraham, which I like. And then we were left with a bombshell, Eugene has been lying to us.

So what happens next.

No seriously, anyone seen any previous? What's in store for us next week?

I really like this episode though I have no idea where this leaves us with this group. It seems pointless to continue to DC, right? So are they going back to Rick?

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2014, 04:12:40 AM »
The last episode yesterday has really shaken me...
Spoiler
It was nice to get a little more info on certain characters and their life before we met them on the screen... Abraham, he had a wife and two little kids and... man he just wanted to protect them, get food and so on... and while he was sleeping they left without a word. It was soo heartbreaking to see him find them lying there,.... dead. They could have been still alive if they had not run away!
And Eugene? Boy... hes a liar! And I had sensed it kinda, I always thought it must be wrong, I mean, seriously, what treatment can be done on dead bodies? I always knew it was kinda fishy. But to be honest, I originally had thought the story might really go that way, I didnt expect him really to be a liar.

The style itself, the switiching from one group to another makes it more interesting for me in fact! At first I was like "Oh my, noooo, I want to see what happens to Beth! Then the episode was great without mentioning Beth or Carol or whatever! Last week was the same, I was like "Noooo, I want to see Rick and his group, go away Beth!" and then it was great lol... I really like it that way!

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2014, 05:51:33 AM »
The style itself, the switiching from one group to another makes it more interesting for me in fact! At first I was like "Oh my, noooo, I want to see what happens to Beth! Then the episode was great without mentioning Beth or Carol or whatever! Last week was the same, I was like "Noooo, I want to see Rick and his group, go away Beth!" and then it was great lol... I really like it that way!

I was thinking the same thing.  The Beth episode wasn't my favorite (but I'm not knocking it, because it was actually a very good episode - and I even rewatched it), and when I saw the previews for this past week's episode with Abraham's group, I was like "Nooooo, I don't really care about this group AT ALL".  But, I think these "group split/time shift" type episodes are working out MUCH better than I expected.  I actually found myself wanting to know more about Abraham's group after this episode, whereas before I couldn't care less about them, really.  Same for Beth in her episode. 

And Eugene... I didn't see that secret being spilled at this point in time.  I kinda figured that'd be a midseason finale sort of thing.  And Abraham's backstory... just WOW.  That was a powerful image of him when he found them out back.  Again, glad to see so much from the books is being brought to screen again this season.

Curious to know what's going on with Rick's group, though... Something big must be brewing for the upcoming midseason finale.

Side Note:  It seems the ongoing theme so far this season in all the groups (Slabtown/Hospital, Father Gabriel, Eugene, etc) is that everyone has to help out or be of some use somehow, otherwise they are just a burden on the groups they are a part of.  Curious to see what this has to do with all of the groups and individuals as a whole. 

Offline Pinkhazard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
It took some getting used to, but the switching between parallel timelines for the sake of creating more thought-out characters is very nice. I liked it before when we got to see snippets of Michonne's life *love her character* and it really made Abraham more interesting.
I hope we will get to see more backgrounds for the other characters as well, to see what drives each one and who they were prior to hell on earth.

Spoiler
I did think the group protecting Eugene was a bit off, but I never expected him to flat out lie to everyone. I figured they bent the truth together for some reason.

Offline Nekoi

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2014, 03:09:06 AM »
I agree with you Pinkhazard  :thumb:

Have I understood it correctly if I say that we have a new director for this season?

Either way, another low-burning episode but I continue to like it. This time around I find it well constructed and presented rather then similar episodes in earlier seasons.

Spoiler
The combo of Daryl and Carole worked really well. I bought them as a team, and though this episode was rather slow it didn't really bother me. I really liked when they talked about changing because these two are two of the ones who have adapted to their situations best in my opinion.

Stupid kid trying to steal from Carole and Daryl, really kid, way uncool. However, Daryl and Carole are so badass they made it anyway haha

It seems now that our storylines will be aligning shortly, Daryl going back to fetch Rick to bust Beth out. Question is, will Abraham and co have worked their way back or if they continue on in another direction.

However, in Beth's episode we weren't given nearly enough information to fear the hospital group. This will not make for a good showdown, from what we know Rick's group could probably very easily take down the hospital.

I'm daring to hope for another outcome, rather then another slaughter, some sort of joining... But what's Rick's group's goal? What's next? In the prison they tried to lead a normal life, with farming and pigs etc but what now? Of course they would never take to the order of the Hospital, but would they be interested in taking it as a base? Or move on?

Soon mid-season finale, the end of the year is fast approaching!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »
The goal of Rick's group is simple: To stay together and stay alive.

As to where they are going next? I firmly believe it will be Washington. If you remember how fortified the CDC was then just imagine how places in Washington are, it would be the safest place for them to go. I don't picture them getting that far this season, that will be something for next season.

And you are not supposed to fear the hospital group like you were with the Termites, they were just showing how the group functioned in Beth's episode. We know that they do not have a strong leader, but once a good leader like Rick shows up it seems likely that they will join with him....or die. I don't really care about any of the hospital group so whatever happens to them isn't important to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal