collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 479 times)

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: October 07, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
Hi MLP-lovers!  :)

I am glad to be here and get to discuss these precious little ponies, and get to know you guys!
My name is Irene, I am a 30 year-old from Sweden. Besides the MLPs, my hobbies are my "real" pony.

I have newly revived my interest in My Little Pony. Have started on a smaller collection with my own old childhood ponies as a base (only G1). I would perhaps not really call me a collector- yet, there is a lot more to learn!  I love baby ponies but not really too much of the NBBEs, (just a few to be able to display some cute baby accessories). For now I am mostly not interested in getting complete sets, but 1-3 of the types I like. Will try to get some more Playtime Baby Brother Ponies,  Mountain Boy Ponies and Big Brother Ponies (I love those with clydesdale-legs) princess ponies, a few different baby ponies and lots of different accessories.
I like to feel I "use" the ponies and items that I have, (and not just keep them sitting), to create photo sessions for example. And I like having (preferably not to big-) renovation projects. 

See you on the boards! :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Hello IreneL, welcome to the arena!

I really adore the Clydesdale styles of the G1 male ponies as well, I wish they had more boys. It's always fun to complete a set, I'm sure someone around here might have what you're looking for!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
Hi and welcome :wave:

I am with you and Bekuno in that I love the Clydesdale boy ponies.  The first time I saw one in real life I fell in love (and knew I had to have them all, lol!).  Enjoy the forums :frolic:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:58:40 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!

I am with the above - Clydesdale boy ponies are gorgeous (and addictive too!)

Have fun hunting :)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 03:23:41 AM »
Hi Irene, welcome to the Arena!

Ooh, you have a real pony :heart: What kind of a pony, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Photo shoots are always fun, we'd love to see the results if you decide to go for it! Have fun exploring the boards!   

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 07:28:42 AM »
Thank you all, I feel so welcome here! :)

My wallet already knows about the clydesdale-pony plans, and is probably in terrible pain right now! Lol! I try not to expand too quickly with the amount of ponies, but aiming to get the accessories aswell, and I know it will probably end up costing a fortune!  :shocked: But they are SOO pretty!

Griffin; I only have a pony by height, the breed and weight is not completely pony-typical. He is a swedish-norwegish trotting horse (retired from the trotting sport long time ago, now he is a riding horse). They are not as skinny/slimmed as the American Standardbred and such, and not quite as fast, actually they are bred from old working horses that used to work with timber and on smaller farms. Could be compared with a sport version of Tinker horses/smaller ardenner horses/ (yup, with hoof mane and everything! ;) ). But they are higher in nerve and energy and a bit more slimmed. And faster of course!
He is a gelding, 23 years old by now but still going strong! :)
We are practicing an "odd" type of dressage riding that is (in my opinion) better adjusted to this type of horse. You could say that the idea to it has started in "academic art of riding" with origin in Germany/Denmark but combined with the knowledge of a very skilled trainer in Sweden, transformed into her own style. Do not know if you can directly translate it, but it would be something like "power-creating riding".

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 07:04:29 PM »
Welcome to arena  :green:

Your horse is gorgeous! Always wanted to ride a horse (or better yet, unicorn) since I was a kid but its very costly here in my country for riding lessons and to board a pony at the stables.

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 11:09:22 PM »
Thank you!  :)

Yeah, it cost a lot here aswell, even if I bet it is a lot worse where you live! Have to have a full time job or it is not possible. But the MLPs are just as cute! :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
Oh your horse is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing pictures of him - what is his name?

Welcome to the Arena :) How lovely to have some of your original childhood collection - you have picked out some amazing sets of ponies there. I hope you manage to track them all down.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 08:36:59 AM »
Thank you so much! :) His name is Delux! I will tell him he is gorgeous! ;)

And thank you for the well-wishes with the MLP sets! I have some other ponies to find aswell, and I am renovating/trying to complete a few playsets, so there is a lot going on. Atleast if you want to keep the budget low!

Now in the beginning, I find that it is lots of stuffs to invest in, besides the actual ponies and accessories. Like a printer (for some photo sessions and printing stickers for playset restorations), lots of hobbie items -or more like LOADS of them for repairs, backgrounds and homemade accessories, and storage for the ponies etc.
I am trying to get some hydrogen peroxide for removing yellowing, but it seems really hard to find here. Will probably have to get hair bleach for 10-12$ or import big bulks to motivate the shipping fees.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
Thank you! :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 12:14:13 AM »
Wow.  What a gorgeous horse. He reminds me of my old horse who was also solid chestnut. He was TB x English riding pony though so he was a bit finer build.  I love your boy's type. I bet he is reliable and trustworthy :)

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »
Thanks! :)
Yeah... well, he has the nerves of a bunny, and usually has his own opinions about most things. So I would more describe him as "not boring"! *lol* But very kind, would never try to make his rider fall off or kick or anything like that. Sometimes the looks will fool you!
Your horse sounds like a nice combination of breeds!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal