collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who made this custom?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Re: Who made this custom?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 08:06:52 AM »
All your avatars and signatures is Moondancer, too, I think she was meant to come home with you!

My thoughts exactly! I'm excited to see how she turns out :) That's really cool that you're going to update the original design, but still honor what the original customizer was attempting.

I've never seen paint come off like that before. Pretty cool her stars are still there, even in ghost form.

Offline nibbles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+181)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »
This is so cool!  The mysterious way the original symbol is showing through the white paint is very interesting.  I am glad I went back and got her for you, it was meant to be!!!!  I can't wait to see how you restore her!

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 04:07:02 PM »
Aww, what a nice rescue story!  I bet her original creator would be very touched to know you were looking out for her.  I can't wait to see her when you've revived her.  You should keep us updated with progress pictures! 
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Carcina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »
I can't wait to see her all done!

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
I tried some air brushing today but my airbrush is fighting with me. I think I'm going to have to strip off my airbrushing and start over again from scratch tomorrow. But that's ok. I'm going to keep at it till she's beautiful.

Yes, all my avatars and signatures are Moondancer. Moondancer is my favorite pony. I had two favorites when I was growing up. I had Pink baby Ember, and Moondancer.  Baby Ember was who I felt like I was. Moondancer was who I wanted to be.  If that makes any sense.

I'm so excited for this project. It's so seldom that I ever actually just get to do a project for me out of a genuine love of my craft. So much of my work is for trades, commissions, sales, that sort of thing.  Being able to do something simply out of love is just an amazing feeling.

here is another picture:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 11:37:52 PM »
I tried some air brushing today but my airbrush is fighting with me. I think I'm going to have to strip off my airbrushing and start over again from scratch tomorrow. But that's ok. I'm going to keep at it till she's beautiful.

Yes, all my avatars and signatures are Moondancer. Moondancer is my favorite pony. I had two favorites when I was growing up. I had Pink baby Ember, and Moondancer.  Baby Ember was who I felt like I was. Moondancer was who I wanted to be.  If that makes any sense.

I'm so excited for this project. It's so seldom that I ever actually just get to do a project for me out of a genuine love of my craft. So much of my work is for trades, commissions, sales, that sort of thing.  Being able to do something simply out of love is just an amazing feeling.

here is another picture:

She's already looking happier!  Moondancer in Green could look absolutely heavenly! <3

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27:24 AM »
Yep, that's one of my very first customs!  I always wonder how they hold up over time, especially before I had good materials....yikes!  So glad she is in a loving home, she was made in 2008!

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 10:49:02 AM »
Yay! Mystery Solved!  Now I know who to give credit to for the original design and rehairing of the pony!  I hope you don't mind that I'm cleaning her up and updating her.   She's going to be a very special part of my collection!
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 10:52:35 AM »
Ok, so just to appease any curiosity:
This was my 6th custom. She was a request for a coworker I believe. She was st. patty themed. She had many green gems, that is the big white circle area. I hand painted her gradient. I sculpted her feet to resemble fetlocks with sculpey and painted gold glitter underneath them. Sculpey totally broken off. Yikes she was a mess, thanks for the rescue!

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
So it IS a KJ then!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 02:12:40 PM »
Wow, that is amazing that one of CSA's very first customs turned up in a thrift store!   I am of course looking forward to how she turns out :D

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:02 PM »
Nothing to add but nice story! ^.^
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 02:33:47 PM »
This story is so cool! I, too, am really interested to see how this TLC turns out! :D

Offline nibbles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+181)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 03:00:09 PM »
Ok, so just to appease any curiosity:
This was my 6th custom. She was a request for a coworker I believe. She was st. patty themed. She had many green gems, that is the big white circle area. I hand painted her gradient. I sculpted her feet to resemble fetlocks with sculpey and painted gold glitter underneath them. Sculpey totally broken off. Yikes she was a mess, thanks for the rescue!

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Wow!! I'm amazed that I found one of your customs in a pile of toys on a stall at a flea market in Oklahoma city!  Any idea how your custom ended up there?! 

I'm so glad that NichiTsukinoko talked me into going back for her!

I'm excited to see the pony 'born again' :)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »
Do you often find ponies??  I might need to go to flea markets with you! <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal