collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Christmas Shopping  (Read 1374 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Shopping
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »
I haven't started, but theres a good chance ill be making most of my things :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »
I'm one of those annoying people who buy presents all year round. That's because I LOVE buying presents! Yesterday, for instance, I bought the Christmas edition of "Big Bang Theory" for my brother. I know he'll like it. Maybe we'll even watch the DVD together.

kittyberry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
i'm always shopping at the very last minute, which is the exact opposite of my mum. she's been known to christmas shop as early as the summer months  :drunk:

oh gosh i already have a list of options going which includes led zeppelin iii deluxe edition on vinyl, october release of 16cm bedtime alpacassos, g4 blind bags, 2014 puppy surprise popcorn, poster of john william waterhouse's lady of shalott, and hopefully the ability to win a couple ebay auctions for some more sweetheart sister ponies.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
Gosh, so not thinking of Christmas yet, lol. We haven't even figured out Thanksgiving yet.

Usually we wait until closer to the time, so we can see what our budget looks like, and then make a plan of what we are getting each person. That way we can go directly to what we need, get it, and get out. Usually the stores aren't too bad.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »
I have started Christmas shopping for two of my friends. I plan on doing a 12 days of Christmas box for each of them containing 12 gifts (I guess similar to an advent calender). So far I have purchased 4 gifts off of online and one from a store.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
When my daughter was younger and the stores would stock on Breyer horses I would hit up the after Christmas sales. That is how I started my next year shopping :) They don't stock anymore so I cant do it. :( Yesterday my hunny and me were looking at Christmas decorations. I am going to sell my white tree and going to keep out big green one.  So we are going to get different colors Its going to be our tree and not our ex's trees.

Offline Alexia

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://easternsunsetcreations.webs.com/
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
I am very nearly done with my Christmas shopping, I almost never face the crowds especially with toddler in tow. I do have a few things left to get online and of course SSs which just get picked up here and there along the way.  I do have most of the supplies for the handmade gifts I plan on making this year and am planning to sit down this weekend to start working on.

As far as my wish list, it includes an new comforter for our bed, a rug for the living room floor, and a couple of books (Glass series by Maria V. Snyder, Just One Year by Gayle Forman, The Selection series, Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg, Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol.3, The Princesses of Myths series by Esther M. Friesner, I could go on and on).

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
I started a few months ago :D But I don't do any real major Christmas shopping til November usually :) Right now I'm just picking up things here and there. My sister's birthday is the end of November and I've about got everything for her :D
My Wish List

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »
I love Christmas shopping during December. Its my favourite thing!!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »
I've got most of my girls' gifts - I tend to keep my eye out year round for potential gifts.  I usually shop for my husband in December, lol. 

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
Getting things done early, hands down! Especially with working around Christmas, I'd like to spend my days off relaxing rather than braving those crowds! Also it gives me more time to make nice cards for people by hand and track down any obscure things that I've been asked for.
My wish list at the moment is pretty much just tapes, although I managed to get my 'grails' already, I'm still keeping an eye out for a couple of Alice In Chains and Soundgarden tapes. Fortunately, they're relatively easy to get hold of!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 07:51:51 AM »
I will be going threw all of our Christmas stuff and selling one of our two tress. I am also going to be selling a lot of the Hallmark ornaments that we no long use. I like to have a tree that is all matching. I getting a little stressed with a tree that has a lot of different things all over it. Plus its take a lot less time to set it up. I remember when I was a kid and I would set up the tree. I would take me over three hours to get it set up, if that tells you anything. Just way to much stuff makes me stressed out.     

I was also thinking of giving my daughter some cash or some gift cards. I know she is starting to get to that age were she is getting kind of hard to shop for. I know that she loved ponies but I don't think she wants all pony stuff.........

Might have to make a road trip sometime to get a little more shopping done. :)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
I like to get things done early but my boyfriend is always hard to shop for.  He out does me every year so I'm trying to bring up my game.

I'll still go out and brave the crowds for Holiday sales.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
I don't shop until December, when I usually have lists - although I do start to think of ideas now.  :)

I do shopping both online and in store.  Christmas shoppers put me in the holiday spirit.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 09:24:38 AM »
I work retail so I get all of my shopping done before December 1st, lol. If I'm not working there's no way in heck I want to be anywhere near a mall! I'm also very practical when it comes to my gift giving, I don't have the time nor patience to kill myself looking for "the perfect gift".
I just bought my first Christmas gift two weeks ago, and will be done shopping near the end of the month. I have no Christmas spirit left, I'm only going through the motions  -_-

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal