collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Christmas Shopping  (Read 1373 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Christmas Shopping
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 03:58:12 PM »
I shop all year 'round. When I see something that would be great for someone, I just buy it and stick it in my closet. And I actually JUST pre-ordered a gift for my brother (who is super hard to shop for, so yay!) the other day.

And what do I want for X-Mas? Ponies! That's pretty much all anyone ever gets me, anyway. Actually, there is also another toy on Ebay that I have been bugging my mom about for the last few days. I have no cash to buy it myself right now, and once it's gone it will be GONE. It's super rare. :/ I hope she hurries up and gets the message to get it for me. Or maybe my brother will. They're pretty much the only people I can pester about such things.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Shopping
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2014, 03:49:52 AM »
I shop all year 'round. When I see something that would be great for someone, I just buy it and stick it in my closet. And I actually JUST pre-ordered a gift for my brother (who is super hard to shop for, so yay!) the other day.

I do this too!!  It's soo much easier than the last minute stressed-out shop, where you inevitably find something mediocre and pay twice as much as you would otherwise.  When I still lived at home I had a 'present drawer', now it's more of a present bag but I still say present drawer  :P

The last few years I've done a lot of baking as gifts - found a really nice fudge recipe, make apricot balls and decorated gingerbread cookies. 

I live a few streets away from a massive shopping centre, one of the biggest in the city, and it's actually kinda fun to go a few days before Christmas when they have the annual all-night 36-hour shop (as long as you don't have anything you seriously need to get done) and enjoy the atmosphere.  Parents bring their kids along in pyjamas, totally stoked because it's past their bedtime and that's the best thing ever.  You have to park off-road cos there are so many people (parking authorities turn a blind eye).  It's so nice at night in December too, being the middle of summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal