collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Christmas Shopping  (Read 1351 times)

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Christmas Shopping
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
Soooooo....I know I am a bit early but I went Christmas shopping today since we got some extra cash and I prefer to avoid the crowds and chaos at the toy store in November and December. I just got things for my daughter today..and of course I still have a few more things to get but I will probably end up getting most of them online.

But anyway the shopping just got me in the spirit and wondering what you guys plans are for Christmas shopping......are you going to wait until the last second, strictly shop online, a little bit of both, or are you going to brave the December wilds????

And why not throw this in.....what would everybody like for Christmas???
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:36:24 PM by Gloomygirl777 »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Shopping
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »
I think I'll brave the crowds this year.

Honestly, last year when I went shopping on Black Friday, I didn't have too bad of a time.  Sure, places were crowded and extremely busy, but I didn't find myself wanting to hurt anyone.  So that's always good!  :lol:  It probably helped that we didn't go out until sometime in the afternoon.  I'm pretty sure all the crazy people go out early in the morning on Friday/late at night on Thanksgiving.

I'll also do online shopping, of course, just closer to Christmastime.  I'm still not 100% sure what I want to get anyone anyway.

I JUST WANT PONY STUFF FOR CHRISTMAS!  Seriously, a few pony things would be nice.  Maybe a few Pokemon figures that I've been eyeing.  Necklaces and earrings are always nice.  Also lots of shower gels, candles, lotions, and body sprays from Bath & Body Works.  I'm pretty easy to shop for.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
LOL We've already been shopping! I so can't wait for Christmas! I'm so excited! And.....I have no idea what I want for Christmas.....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 09:00:28 PM »
half of my list is purchased and wrapped.  I'm waiting closer to christmas to get the candy for the dudes.  My 1 year  old niece gets a giant box of diapers until I"m told otherwise. lol
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 12:59:18 AM »
I don't really have a bunch of people to buy gifts for and one idea I have is going to be an online purchase. I kind of enjoy shopping in holiday crowds though.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 03:25:09 AM »
I always shop early. My mom's birthday is November 30 and Christmas is less than a month after, so I like to start looking for everything in September and October.

What do I want? A huge gift card to Amazon.com so I can buy workout DVDs, which is what I usually get. I'm extremely picky and unless I tell my family exactly what I want, they know it's safer to give me money and let me choose on my own. :lol:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 03:37:04 AM »
I'm normally very good at starting my shopping early, sometimes shopping all year round, just picking up things as and when I come across them.

This year we've decided wer're not going to do gifts, with everything the family has been through lately we're just going to concentrate on each other and just making christmas a relaxing time. So I don't really want anything for christmas this year.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 04:33:01 AM »
I like shopping on crowdy places. This year I would like to get a 2DS and a Pokemon game... I don't think I'll get dolly stuff for Christmas, but I'd like to get Avea and Robecca

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 09:35:35 AM »
I have not started yet. I don't know what people want and we've had som struggles within family so I don't even know if I'll be shopping for everyone I'm used to. I hope to be inspired at the trip I'm taking next week.

As for my own wishes, I actually have a wishlist this year for once. I want sims 4. And a couple of new pants. I hate pantshopping so I rarely do it but now it's time again.

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »
I've started to slowly think about it at least. I don't have awfully many to shop for, but I love Christmas very much and as such I don't mind the crowds, actually they don't stress me very much during Christmas times. The last couple of years I've been too busy to buy presents in stores though, and it's not quite the same to order them online (in my opinion).

I admire those who plan ahead, but me - I mostly take it as it comes! :xmas:

Edit: What do I want for Christmas? That's never easy, I don't think. I'm big on reading, so maybe a book or two of my wishlist. Getting back into ponies proved dangerous to me as I was so sure I wouldn't collect any ponies I didn't have as a child, but now I find my self wanting Firefly, Medley, Gusty and Bow Tie really really badly haha
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:51:01 AM by Nekoi »
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
mmmm. i would love to add some new Greek ponies like white glory and white moondancer .
maybe a new phone and some sew earrings as well? let's see !
i don't mind shopping early or until the last moment ! ^.^
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »
I'll be starting Christmas shopping soon, I can't stand shopping when it's incredibly busy because the busier it is, the ruder people seem to be :huh:

I'm not too sure what I want this year, a few G1's, a silver chain to replace my broken one, some MH dolls, clothes for the bjds, new camera maybe. I'm terrible when it comes to narrowing down what I want. Luckily my hubby always seems to know what to get :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
I look throughout the year. I'm a big supporter of thrift shop presents which take a lot of time to find and must be of good quality. However my husband is not a fan of secondhand gifting so we usually last minute scramble in December to get everyone finished up.

I want a cha cha llama for christmas!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
Good for you! If I had the funds I would definitely shop now! why way til the shops are busy and full of crazy christmas shoppers anyway :crazy:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 07:00:13 PM »
I got some of my Christmas shopping started. I like to try it get most of it done before it gets crazy in the stores.

As for what I would want I don't have anything that I can think of. If there is something that I want I just buy it. But I do want to get my basement done so we can move the living room downstairs. :) Lots of things I cant wait to do to the house. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal