collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Epic Brag!! Private swap with goddessofpeep!  (Read 644 times)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
Epic Brag!! Private swap with goddessofpeep!
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:28:50 PM »
Goddessofpeep and I started talking during the Arena Accessory Swap. I was an accessory noob and she, as an accessory expert, helped me out a lot during the swap. We have stayed in touch and become good friends. She had mentioned not being able to join the Accessory Swap and I suggested we do a private swap.

What started out as a small accessory swap, quickly turned in to much more. We discovered that we both shared a love of "bad movies" and decided to add that into the swap as well. We also discovered that we both have lots of collections and decided to allocate a large budget just for extras/other collections. So with that said, this is going to be a very long brag with tons of photos! You have been warned! :P

Okay first of all, Andrea completely outdid herself on the wrapping! I've never had as much fun unwrapping anything as I did with this swap! When I first opened the box there was a very official looking letter from the "Department of Extraterrestrial Annihilation and Disposal." It said the box contained an alien life-form and that I had been tasked with dissecting this creature and finding its weakness.

(Click on the photos if you want to make them bigger.)

So here are some photos of everything still "wrapped". According to the letter, the creature on the top left with all the eyeballs is the one I was to dissect. The three small creatures next to it were larvae and the small spider-like creature were spores.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This first photo was taken during the dissection process. The second photo is after the dissection once all of the "organs" had been removed.

For anyone who may be interested I have many more photos of the alien creatures and the dissection process in my photobucket account here: link. The unwrapping AKA disscetion took several hours and was so much fun!

Now on to the goodies!

Stickers! When Andrea and I met we were both participating in the Sticker Swap, so she knew about my love of stickers. She sent me so many amazing stickers! I honestly don't know which ones I like best!

I also collect erasers, pins, and anything Tinker Bell. Andrea's got that all covered here! The little animal erasers are so cute! And the buttons are from SDCC, how cool is that?!

You know what they say, good things come in small packages! I love cats and this tiny little cat figure is too cute for words! I am a huge Stitch fan and this little Stitch figure is absolutely amazing! And the tiny little Bowtie is unbelievable! Such amazing detail! For anyone that doesn't know, Bowtie is my favorite pony and I have an army of her.

Most of the "organs" from earlier turned out to be pony accessories! I love baby ponies, so baby accessories are the best! Andrea and I had talked about that mini poster before, I was so excited to see it in the box!

In my opinion, quite possibly the best part of mlp accessories is pony wear! I had so much fun dressing my ponies up in these new outfits! (Don't worry I didn't open the MOC nirvana pony wear. :P) I put a few "fashion show" pics in the spoiler below if anyone is interested. ^.^

Spoiler
The ponies in these pics were not part of the swap. They are just here to model the lovely outfits Andrea sent me!

Ponies! I have recently fallen in love with G2 ponies and was thrilled to have so many new ponies to add to my collection. Sugar Belle with all her accessories! Ivy with beautiful long air! Mail order Sea Breeze! A beanie of my favorite G2 pony Sky Skimmer! And Hopscotch! I have wanted her for a long time!

I mentioned earlier that there was a "bad movie" component to this swap, here they are! There a few old favorites here and a lot that I have yet to watch, so exciting! And, while Andrea was at SDCC she had Sharknado signed by Tara Reid, Ian Ziering, the writer, and the director. How awesome is that?!

It's hard to pic favorites in a box where everything is pure awesome, but if I had to pick, these last three items would be my top three. After ponies, my next biggest collection is Power Rangers. I had this doll as a child but my mother gave her away, I was so happy to be able to add her to my collection! I also have a pretty big collection of plushies and I am a huge Studio Ghibli fan, so I was ecstatic to see this plush Totoro! Last but not least, I am completely obsessed with Hook from Once Upon a Time, but it is so hard to find merch with him. I was super happy to get this shirt!

If you're still with me, thanks for sticking it out 'til the end, I know that was a really long brag. But Andrea put so much time, effort, work, thought, creativity, and imagination into everything and I really wanted a brag that did her justice.

And to Andrea, I have said it before and I will say it again, you really went above and beyond with this swap box! Opening the box was so much fun and I absolutely loved every single item in the box! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! :hug:

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Brag!! Private swap with goddessofpeep!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
WOW! That looks like you both had a good time with you swap!!! I see lots of good things :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
Oh wow! That is such a creative swap box :) Congrats on everything and well done goddess for putting such a great box together
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »
That is an awesome swap box, so many fun and exciting goodies, congrats!

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »
Wow! What an awesome box full of goodies! Many congrats on your treasures :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »
Woweee what a wonderful swap box- I had a great time just looking through this thread- I too am a loved of bad movies haha. Gosh that tiny Bowtie and the little cat figure, waaaant :D
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 11:59:02 PM »
It's great you have met someone on the Arena that you share so much with!  I really like that little Bow Tie.  Congrats on a successful swap :glitter:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
Wow!

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
This is my favorite "swap" brag ever! How lovely! That tiny bowtie is so awesome it's BANANAS!
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »
Goddessofpeep knows how to do swaps, that's for sure!!   The googly eyes crack me up!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 06:03:28 PM »
I'm glad you liked it:)  I like to do swaps right:p

I'm still tired from all that wrapping!  It's going to be a looooooong time before I do another swap after that.  Gotta let the wallet recover:p  And I'm just pooped!

Strzyga

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
congrats ^^

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 12:08:22 PM »
Wow, that really is an epic box!! :ack: Look at all that creativeness that went into wrapping and I LOVE that tiny Bowtie! Major congrats Jen and well done goddess!!  :thumb:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
Lovely things! That tiny bowtie is just sooo cute! And love all the accessories and pony wear! Brilliant!

Jules x

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Wow! What a great brag!! I love the wrapping idea of "dissecting" to find the presents. Super creative and fun! Congrats on all the great goodies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal