collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time  (Read 3594 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »
When I was a kid, I used to give my hamster baths in the Lullaby Nursery's bathtub with a little red heart sponge - in the nursery's bathroom.  It was exactly the right size so why not I guess.  That was one clean hamster!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
As a little girl it made perfect sense to rub lipstick all over my Pony Bride and clean her up afterwards. :cry: Oh and put all my ponies except SS Shady in the bath tub with me.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
I use to rub lip gloss all over my toys for no reason.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
LOL I had to laugh to both of these! Cute! :) I have always wondered if I could give my Gerbils a bath!  Cute!!

Um does it have to be with ponies?

Well I did go threw a stage when I wanted to give hair cuts to everything. I got about 7 of my ponies and cut it to the plastic. I still have them sad ponies to.

And non pony thing. The day before my cason (why cant I spell it right!) and I Christmas pictures I thought it would be a good idea to give her and I a hair cut and also my kitty. I cut both of our hair down to the scalp in spots. I gave the kitty bald spots all over her. My mom and aunt had to take up to a professional to see if they could fix it. To this day I have to laugh when I see them pictures. They did there best but did not fix the wonderful work that I did :)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »
LOL I had to laugh to both of these! Cute! :) I have always wondered if I could give my Gerbils a bath!  Cute!!

Lol!  I actually graduated from hamsters to gerbils so I've tried that!  The gerbils wouldn't hold still!  (not to confuse anyone, I was 8 when I had the hamster, you don't need to bathe your rodents!)

I was thinking of pony-related weirdness, but I guess whatever's good for a laugh!  ;)

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »
So Soft Wind Whistler was my first pony EVER and I LOVED her so very, very much!  One day, I took her out to the sandbox to play and pretty much destroyed her so soft-ness and my mom was pretty upset at me.  She told me that the fuzzy ponies weren't outside toys and took my So Softs away from me.  She hid them on the top shelf of the linen closet in the hall bathroom because (this is even weirder than destroying my first pony) she knew that I thought a shark lived in that toilet and I was too scared to go in there and try to get them down.  I was a weird kid...

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
I had all of my ponies in very specific spots on my headboard (yes, I actually had a waterbed at one time...it was the late 80's, people :lol: ) and played with Transformers with them. When the Transformers took over their minds, they'd lose the white shine in their eyes and it would turn red (nail polish :blink: ) I don't know how I did it, but I got the nail polish off without damaging their eyes. I guess it was just super cheap nail polish!!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Weird Stuff You\'ve Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:05:34 PM »
Um.. i used to put makeup and paint all over my doll and pokemon toys faces... because I wanted models for my toy beauty salon business I wanted to open. I made a sign and everything outside my house 0_0 and then I got the crazy idea to dye barbie's hair with koolaid packets and markers for my salon.... :facepalm:

Post Merge: September 08, 2014, 10:08:52 PM

Oh and uh... my neighbor, who was a boy, wanted our pokemon and digimon toys to get married so we decorated his backyard for the wedding and built a sandcastle honeymoon vacation with a 'giant pool' that was a tupperware bowl burried in the sand with water poured in it. Omg I was retarded LOL My poor sad Charla hasnt heard from Mr Charizard in over 17 years....bit at least she still has the kids (a boy charmeleon and his little sister Cha Cha the charmander)

We also had a big wedding for my Agumon, Fireball, and his Patomon female who he named Iceball. So she is Mrs Iceball Fireball.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:14:46 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »
i used to shampoo and condition my molded hair animals when in the bath. you know, until mom caught me...
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 11:19:56 PM »
My sister and I tried to 'dye' the hair on a couple of our ponies by colouring it with crayola markers... :P

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 12:40:06 AM »
I used to try to stop my ponies fading with nail polish - my poor childhood Ruby Lips still has some on her rump, lol!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 12:55:02 AM »
She hid them on the top shelf of the linen closet in the hall bathroom because (this is even weirder than destroying my first pony) she knew that I thought a shark lived in that toilet and I was too scared to go in there and try to get them down.  I was a weird kid...

Omg... I laughed so hard at this!  That's the sort of mean mum thing I would do  :blush:  (but my daughter did get her confiscated Stonefly* Dragon plush back this evening owing to exceptionally good behaviour after her little rotter antics this morning. I don't *think* there are any sharks or such in my sock drawer though... just seemed like a good hiding place  :lol:)

I remember my Luke Skywalker figurine was actually a cowboy herding my ponies at times....  :lookround:

*edit: I mean 'Stormfly'  :lol:  Dang it... Stonefly is what my daughter calls it (since she also has a miniature figurine of the same dragon, and THAT one's name is 'Stormfly'! I has kid brain.... make excuses and leaves.....  :bolt:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:02:47 AM by Marlin »

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 03:25:15 AM »
I once turned my dolls clothes inside out and drew pictures on the inside with felt tip pens thinking they could have reversible clothes. You can imagine how well that turned out.

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 04:03:32 AM »
lol :rofl: :rofl:  so many precious stories :D

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 04:48:35 AM »
I use to be men to my Angela toy from Rugrats, Because she was mean and no one liked her, Id run her through mud put gum in her hair ect.. But my sister caught me and threaten to take the toy away so I stopped.  Then to the thrift store she went! Come on! no one likes her she was mean..
Ans anyway I just didn't like dolls anyway took me forever to get rid of my barbies that people kept buying me..ugh.. I got a crap ton and hated them all. so when I finally got rid of them the kid I gave it to misbehaved and was forced to give them all back to me. &^@$% Nabbit! I WAS RID OF THEM AFTER YEARSSSSS OF HAVING THEM!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Back into my hands they went
Then the closet, then finally the thrift store Mawhahahaha!

No ofence to anyone who collects barbies. I just didn"t like em.

Anyway that was a bit off topic.

Hanging my pound puppy out the window and almost dropping it and I thought I had..Heart attack!!! why did I do that! I loved that toy? Geez what's wrong with me?

Lost my mini pound purry down the sink because I wrapped it in bubblegum and lost her, gone forever. I cried so much I loved little white kitties! WHY?

I put gum an a lot of my toys.

Someone have me a giant pink rabbit I hated it scared me..So I thought jumping on it would make scene until I was caught doing it. I think they got the hint and got rid of it for me..

When I was like 4 or 5 I had a cabbage patch pony. mom took me to the store and said do you want a my little pony? and I didn't like ponies much at all then I misunderstood what she meat being 4 and thought she said I had to get one. so I got this purple one with birds and I didn't much like her.. when she would play with my other toys Man she was a @#$&*! Stuck up and prissy. LOL! and I did get rid of her and I had a feeling I shouldn't..But did anyway. Then when I refound mlp when I was 9 I regretted giving her away sooooooooo much!

I think mom suggested I get her because I watched My little pony tales so much. But I don't think I really saw them as ponies as much as a cartoon charterers.  I called it Pony tales! Because I thought the main thing about that entire show was hair and wearing pony tales.. come on I was 4.

:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal