collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time  (Read 3592 times)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 04:06:28 AM »
As a kid I shared room with my younger sister and we had a bunkbed, I slept on top of course and thus had a bedlamp fasten to the wall. One morning I played with baby Northstar and as she had wings she flewed to the sun (aka the lamp) and sat on it.. and then I forgot about her for a few hours and when I remembered, she was all warm and squishy and had a burntmark on her rump. Last time ever any pony of mine flew to the sun.

This isn't my story, it's my mom's - she did almost the exact same thing! She was playing with her Tammy doll, (they always had to have Tammy, barbie was too expensive) and had her go to the beach (a bedside lamp :) ) to get a tan. Then it she was called to lunch. She left Tammy's head resting on he lightbulb.  >_<

She came back to find most of Tammy's hair burned off, leaving a big burned bald spot on the back of her head. She cried and cried but her mom refused to buy her a new one. I think she learned the lesson, Grandma!  :lol:
I'll put something here some time

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 04:32:14 AM »
I had a good laugh at the shark in the toilet story xD

I used to get annoyed at how dog and cat plushies never had pawpads and so would draw them on with markers. My older sister actually gave me some of her old squeezy fabric paints once and so I used them on my "Pongo" and "Perdy" plush dalmatians for pawpads, and drew teeth inside their mouths too for good measure :facepalm: Being actual fabric paint, they never came off in the wash!  >_<

Offline Elwyn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 05:02:17 AM »
I also used to steal my parents condoms to make mermaid tails for my Barbies...

Haha hilarious. :D Very creative!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
I washed my Wind Drifter's hair with SOAP when I was little. I seem to remember her hair eventually being hopelessly dry and scraggly.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 11:54:29 AM »
As a kid I shared room with my younger sister and we had a bunkbed, I slept on top of course and thus had a bedlamp fasten to the wall. One morning I played with baby Northstar and as she had wings she flewed to the sun (aka the lamp) and sat on it.. and then I forgot about her for a few hours and when I remembered, she was all warm and squishy and had a burntmark on her rump. Last time ever any pony of mine flew to the sun.

This isn't my story, it's my mom's - she did almost the exact same thing! She was playing with her Tammy doll, (they always had to have Tammy, barbie was too expensive) and had her go to the beach (a bedside lamp :) ) to get a tan. Then it she was called to lunch. She left Tammy's head resting on he lightbulb.  >_<

She came back to find most of Tammy's hair burned off, leaving a big burned bald spot on the back of her head. She cried and cried but her mom refused to buy her a new one. I think she learned the lesson, Grandma!  :lol:

Nooo, poor Tammy XD

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »
I hope it's alright that mine aren't really pony related! When I was 3 or 4, I had a toddler doll that I liked because she had dark hair and eyes like me. But I cut her hair because I had short hair, and wanted her to have short hair too. I think my cat was unfortunate enough to be in the same room at the time, and I cut her whiskers. Fortunately my mom caught me before I went any further!

I cut off all the tush tags on my stuffed animals :blush: I liked to imagine them being alive, so it didn't make sense to me for them to have a piece of paper sticking out of their butts, haha.

Oh, and I had several stuffed yoshis as a kid. A few were tall and slender but the black one was short and pudgy. My friend thought the pudgier one was cuter, and convinced me to let her cut my (taller and skinnier) Yellow Yoshi's stomach open and stuff her with paper towels, because we thought that would make her look like Black Yoshi. Poor Yellow Yoshi's still got a big, ugly scar!

Another yoshi plush I had, a small green one, "flew" (I threw him really high) and then I promptly forgot about him. And when I looked for him later, I couldn't find him! It was years later that I saw him again - he landed in a very, very tall lamp and his nose had been resting against the lightbulb. For years! He only had a small burn spot. I'm shocked he didn't cause a fire. But a little while later he disappeared for good...I suspect the same friend who cut Yellow Yoshi of stealing him...she was there at the time he vanished, and she's always been jealous of my yoshis :hmm:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:09:18 PM by Jocelyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »
I drew "tattoos" on my sisters Rocker Barbie faces because we both had the same dolls and I wanted to tell them apart.  In ball point pen.  Stars, moons, and lightning bolts!  I convinced her a rocker girl would have face tattoos.  Of course!  Why not?

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »
My mom was backing up our van and doing a terrible job. She hit one of our saplings, and I HAD to save it. So I jumped in front of the car, trying to push the van back with one arm, as I was holding our pet Pomeranian in the other. I saved the tree, and it's now the strongest in our yard. It makes me chuckle to think that i was the poster child of environmentalism in that moment.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 03:02:48 PM »
I once performed a little wedding for Baby Doll (my blue "My Very Soft Baby" that I've had since I was a month old) and my original Buzz Lightyear action figure.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
these are great stories!

I was bought a toy saxophone from KBs and we had a van with a long, but smallish sliding window, so I put it out of the van to "play it" and lost it on the freeway. I cried forever and my grandma was really mad. Needless to say I did not get a new one.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »
All the car window stories!  I too would hold some of my stuffed animals out the window (to make them fly).  I stopped doing that after the air nearly took my favorite plush cat right out of my hands.  I would have been forever sorry for that if it happened.  That might be the first time I can remember thinking "that was close!".

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
For some reason, little Keelee thought the thing my Kitty Surprise Kittens needed was...earrings...you know, so they could be fancy, dressed up kitties. I'm pretty sure the poor dears still have pin-prick marks on their ears from the rhinestone studs. :P

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
I had a thing about hiding stuff. I used to always put the pocket pals inside the powder bottle from the Nursery and one day the bottom got stuck.
It's still in there :)

I also used to steal my parents condoms to make mermaid tails for my Barbies...

I laughed soooooooo hard at this! :rofl:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »
I hated barbies in general and would swap heads on them all the time, other than that we used to rip the legs off of them for some reason.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 04:26:25 PM »
I was convinced that the little red butt heart of a Care Bear was candy. Granted, it didn't taste like much while on there... but I was flat out convinced that if you could get it off, it would be candy. So I spent a lot of time chewing on my care bear's butt heart. I even went so far as to try and convince other kids of the same thing, with limited success.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal