collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your dreams?  (Read 788 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
What are your dreams?
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
I've been thinking about making this thread for awhile now. It's like with the difficulties of life and somewhat deteriorating health, my dreams have all but disappeared. I'm looking for inspiration! I want a dream again. 

You can tell me about your daydreams if you like. What I mean by that is your "they aren't likely to happen but I'm content to just enjoy the thought" kind of dreams. For example: being an astronaut to Mars. Or even more of a stretch: being Captain Janeway. (Yes, I'm thinking of you, Skeen. LOL)

But what I'm really looking for is goal-type dreams. Big or small. For example "It's my dream to own therapy horses to bring joy to disabled or depressed people who want to connect with animals." Then you've made small steps and goals to achieve your dream, like volunteering to feed horses as a first step.

Do you have a goal-dream? How long have you been working toward it? Have you achieved any? Have you changed your dreams from time to time?

:hope:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: What are your dreams?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:35:16 AM »
Right now my ultimate goal-dream is to able to adopt children.

Since January-ish?

Yes!

Of course! Don't everyone's?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
It is my dream to wake up and be an A type person in an A body instead of the B that I am. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:24 AM »
My dream is to find a job in Manchester and move there as soon as possible! I've been getting a lot of interviews there and have been making it my business to prepare for them with a dedicated vengeance, but have yet to actually be offered a job. :/
Aside from that, it'd also on my list to make a short claymation but that involves finding some pieces of cardboard big enough to build the set with.

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »
to move in Paris France with my husband and our dogs and if we are lucky enough when we are tired of this place to move in Tokyo ! oh my !!!! So many dreams!!!
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »
I want to have my own media company.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
To become an archaeologist. To finish at least one of my thousand in progress books. To publish children's books.

Right now I'm studying anthropology in university which is helping me on the first goal, I'm constantly writing which is helping with the second, and with the third... well, unfortunately all I'm doing is paying close attention to what my friends in the writing industry do and say to learn. I've made the least amount of progress on that one.

But I really would like to publish diverse kids fantasy and sci-fi. But until I can, I'm happy to support that industry with my purchases.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
I've actually just began to dream. I never thought I would live past 25 so these past five years have been me in some sort of limbo trying to cope with being alive and actually enjoying it. Now, me and boyfriend are dreaming of one day buying our own apartment instead of renting. We live in a city with a tough market and realised that if we managed to save 5000 each every month we would have the downpayment in seven years, lol. Which makes dream number two to win the lottery.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »
My dream is for my husband and I to own a house. Not just any house though, something cozy and small (2 bedroom +) with a large porch, fabulous kitchen, a large soaker tub, decent sized backyard with shed or attached garage and the house needs to a little older, something with character and charm.

It sounds fussy, but it's really not :P

We've just recently really begun to discuss possibly owning a home one day. We've done our research and are now aware of costs outside of the sale price and we've familiarized ourselves with different types of mortgages. Time to start saving ;)

I never saw myself as a homeowner before, I just always figured I would rent, no worries about paying out of pocket for repairs. That's all changed now.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
to become an author, I've had a ton of setbacks over the years from losing entire stories to trying to find a more affordable self publishing company to losing inspiration and hope but I'm not giving up yet, my books don't hafta be best sellers but if they can make someone happy and make me at least a modest profit i'll be very pleased. I've been writing and setting aside money
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:47:52 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
Save money and have the medical care I need. Move out to Washington state or Oregon. Start over. Be happy.

Been working toward it since early this year... had some vet bills to pay so my savings took a hit. That's okay though. My babies come before me always <3

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 05:59:21 PM »
Oh gosh! My dreams have changed over the years as I have gotten older. When I was younger I wanted to have a big horse farm and show them. But when reality hit it never happened.

Ok would be nice to win a small lottery so I could pay off my house. I would have no house payment then. I know that I would still have to save up for the insurance and taxes.

Next thing is to get the fence in the backyard,one stall garage on the house,cement siding on it and also finish the basement.  Oh and I cant forget to get the wood floors put upstairs :)

Maybe on a nice vacation some were pretty and nice!

I know that this might not sound to exciting but it is for me :)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
Becoming a Sith lord, enlisting in Starfleet... xD

But in all seriousness, my biggest daydream right now is getting married and planning my wedding.  That and for the last year I've wanted to put together an awesome Sith cosplay.  I've been scouring cosplay.com and Pinterest looking for costume and makeup inspiration.  The only things that are going to be difficult for me to get are going to be the lightsaber (from SaberForge) and a high-quality set of robes ($$$!).  Dumb, I know, but I like giving myself projects to work on and think about.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 09:30:15 PM »
My dreams are that my wife and I are able to have children (we're a lesbian couple and intend to use a donor). It's just right now we're both stuck in retail and don't make much. We want to get a second car and a house, but we can barely feed ourselves somtimes.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:09 PM »
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." Mark Twain

Finding out why is my dream. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal