collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your dreams?  (Read 789 times)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your dreams?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:42 AM »
I would like to be an artist or an author of some kind. Working with animals is someting I would also enjoy :)

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 03:41:05 AM »
Right now my dream is just to graduate college without anymore setbacks (if it's not one health problem, it's another, or it's my school giving me roadblocks too). Then I want to get a decent job and move to California so I can finally be with my best friend for more than a week at a time every few months.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 04:15:20 AM »
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." Mark Twain

Finding out why is my dream. 

I love this quote!  It is so true.  I recently heard a study on NPR that suggested that people who feel they have a purpose in life live longer (http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/07/28/334447274/people-who-feel-they-have-a-purpose-in-life-live-longer).  That may seem like a pretty strong conclusion based on the scope of study but I think that, at the very least, having a purpose definitely increases the quality of life.

My goal is to become a paleontologist- either a curator of fossil fishes at a museum or a professor in a small to mid sized university.  I am working toward this by getting an M.S. in biology and doing my thesis with a shark paleobiologist.  I hope after this to go to England and get my PhD with a prof. who studies ancient fishes and the evolution of the dermal skeleton. 

For a while I didn't have a goal.  I had a good job and plenty of extra income, but I wasn't happy and I ended up even more stressed about money than when I was in school getting my B.S. because I felt like I had the right to spend as much as I wanted on whatever I wanted because I had a stressful job.  But all the stuff just weighed me down and made me feel even more unhappy because it was a tangible reminder that I wasn't going anywhere and I didn't like my job.  I feel so happy and lighter now that I am on track to get my PhD, which has always been a big goal for me. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 04:42:54 AM »
To have my own modern home, a car and a ginger and white male kitten.

It's all I really want right now, other than university which I know will happen in September 2015.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 05:02:06 AM »
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." Mark Twain

Finding out why is my dream. 

Pretty much this for me as well!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 09:41:09 AM »
First, I want to say that I am already super blessed and have achieved dreams I used to have, i.e. marriage, kids, our own home, living in Oregon, my bestie lives close, so does most of my family, and my beloved grandma is alive and well. I also have a huge office of my own and a newer car that runs! (So many years of terrible or no vehicle.) But I always have dreams...

Reasonably reachable dreams- (not in order)
To live in the country on a huge piece of property with a forest and creek (not a crazy idea where I live). Have a self-sustaining estate (not a fancy one) with solar and wind power, etc.
Build my parents a lovely little cottage on my property with a garden and a small greenhouse for my mom and hire a fitness trainer for my dad.
Get a PhD in something (can't decide).
Have my best friend live super close. (She seriously lives within walking distance, but I'd love it if we were next-door neighbors.)
Have a horse, goat, chickens and dogs.
My hubby not have to work so much and has his own shop/garage.
Be super healthy.
Find the right treatment for my son.
Visit the UK & Ireland

Okay, I'm going to stop there but I could go on and on....

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
I'm a hardcore dreamer, and I typically dream pretty big, which can get discouraging.  Most of my current dreams are spins on dreams I've had since childhood...

I dream to start a small (as in tiny and quite selective) horsemanship school for military dependents.  What I have going for me so far is that I currently live on a small horse farm and have a lesson prospect that I've been eyeballing.  Just not sure if everything will work out on getting her to my farm.

I dream to get my novels published (I'm seriously sitting on eight complete manuscripts for one series right now... I just have to get them edited pretty enough and figure out how I want to go about trying to get them published).

My most recent dream (don't laugh) is a spin off of when I tried to break into the modeling industry in high school.  Now, I seriously think that I want to be a professional Cosplayer.  Which is really weird, because I'm pushing the very upper limit of the typical Cosplayer age range and have absolutely zero Cosplay experience.  What I DO have going for me is a super supportive husband and a perfectionist attitude. 

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
My dream, what I have been striving for for years has been to be a school secretary. It's taken me 6 years, but it happened last week. Now, talking night time, I usually do not have good dreams.  :huh: I'm very stressed out and it always plays out in my dreams. Yukky.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
My dream right now is to get a job on a labor and delivery unit (I'm a nurse). It's a hard specialty to get into, so that's my short-term goal at the moment.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 07:00:13 PM »
I want to open my own private school.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »
Right now, its to figure out whats wrong with me medical wise (IBS is NOT cutting it), heal to the point where I can work full time outside again (seriously.  I get dreams of being with my 'kids' at work), and just get back on track with life.  It would be awesome to spend a whole day at a theme park, or the movies, or a convention without having to worry about getting sick, or being unstable (having to be hospitalized, yet again ><)

It might seem trivial to most people, but once you get nailed by something that's been severely effecting normality for a set number of years...it matters.  Enjoy what you have and what you are able to do while you have it.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »
These are great to read. Some are shoot-for-the-stars kind of dreams. Other seem "mundane", but still very important. :D

MA, I really hope you get your health figured out. :hug:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 08:49:48 AM »
Depressing Stuff:

Spoiler
I've always had a variety of dreams. However, the ones I constantly daydream about are more along the lines of impossible. Like one is 'waking up'. What I mean by that is that I wake up and the last ten years have all just been a nightmare - one that I have a clear memory of, but is to never become reality. That's a bit wild, I know... Everything would go away, both good and bad. And those good things would be hard to give up, but I'd still do it... Maybe the good things would still work out.

Um... Okay, sorry. Anyway, most of my dreams have always been music related. In late high school I wanted to perform in a professional orchestra, and in college I wanted to be a band director/music teacher. However, these were not to be either. In between work, classes, transportation, and medical issues/exhaustion I could never practice as much as I wanted to.

It makes me sad because when I started my instrument and still had the dream of joining a professional orchestra I was beaming and practiced hours every day, and I even remember when I got a really bad sickness and couldn't practice for a few days I was so sad about it... Then the medical issues and exhaustion set in and I kind of...gave up.

I dream of a normal life again... Finding a partner, getting a real career, being able to drive, independence... But I gave up on all of that, too. I tried to go to university, but I couldn't practice enough as I mentioned above, and at the end of the first year I couldn't support myself financially anymore, and I just can't have my parents paying for me to go through school anymore.. It's not fair to them.

I suppose one smaller dream that I hold onto is learning the tenor saxophone and oboe. I have the instruments but have sadly not gotten around to learning them. So that's a dream I will hold onto.

The dream I would go for if I could turn things around in life would be going back to school... My dream university from since I was kid, actually, and studying musicology/music history, and becoming a music history professor.

Right now, its to figure out whats wrong with me medical wise (IBS is NOT cutting it), heal to the point where I can work full time outside again (seriously.  I get dreams of being with my 'kids' at work), and just get back on track with life.  It would be awesome to spend a whole day at a theme park, or the movies, or a convention without having to worry about getting sick, or being unstable (having to be hospitalized, yet again ><)

It might seem trivial to most people, but once you get nailed by something that's been severely effecting normality for a set number of years...it matters.  Enjoy what you have and what you are able to do while you have it.

*hug* You can say that again. Life takes a drastically different tone when medical issues are introduced.

It happened to me right out of high school... What you said in the last paragraph really speaks to me. Throughout my high school years I was somebody who really needed to understand the message of your paragraph (it's a lesson best just understand not given...). I was so dramatic and described by many as "the most depressing person [they] have ever met".

It's sad because many of the things I complained about I could have worked toward improving, instead of sitting on the computer making depressing blogs and posts all of the time.

Deep down I had a lot of hope for the future, deep down I told myself that I would sit down and start working toward my dreams. I thought it was something I could afford to procrastinate toward a time I felt was right. I was wrong.

I did start working toward one of my dreams, but I'm afraid I didn't start soon enough.

Anyway, sorry, I don't want to make this about me. It's just not something I get to go on detail about to many people, and it's something that really bothers me right down to my core. And to be honest I was shocked to see somebody else describe this in those very words.

I really hope that things can turn around for you.  :)  :hug:

|My Collection|

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
Hmm, dreams.

-Marry boyfriend.
-Have about 1-2 kids, maybe.
-Own property with personal magic garden attached.
-Install secret passages into said property. Install a few skeleton pieces into said passages.
-Become professional writer. I don't believe this is entirely unreasonable.
-Travel. So much travel. Must include cat cafe in Japan.

Etc.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
Its always best to try to stay positive, no matter what happens. Right now, im holding onto the 'your body changes every 7 years' theory.  theres only a few more years left in that track, max.  Maybe it will go away on its own once it switches over :)

I know that once im able to, im dragging my friends to do the things ive had to sit back and watch for these years--that's going to be fun :)  To just be me again, to not worry.

I guess more 'reach for the stars' dreams might be to successfully launch my handmade jewelry and have an actual following going, or to become an artist for Wizards of the Coast xD

ETA: My books! How could I forget that!  I wanted to write down all of these vivid dreams that ive had most of my life that's pretty much turned into an in depth and rich weave of another fantasy world.  It would be amazing if I was able t write those books and for that to take off and soar :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:58:36 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal