collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coming out  (Read 1701 times)

Blushes

• Trade Count: (0)
Coming out
« on: August 17, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
I just came out on Facebook. I'm still a little uncertain. I think I'm gay, but I'm not quite sure so for now I'm calling myself bi.
Little worried I'm going to lose some friends, but if my girlfriend can be brave enough to come out and say she loves me, then I have to do the same for her, right?

Can someone share their own stories about coming out? I'm having so much anxiety ohmygosh

We can all still be friends rights?  :yikes:

I also came out to my mom today

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Re: Coming out
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »
  Of course we can still be friends!  :hug:   I think one of the best parts of the toy collecting community is that it seems very open and accepting.  Maybe when you play with plastic toys as an adult you learn not judge? :biggrin:

I'm afraid I don't have a story to share, but I wanted to say that I think what you did was awesome, and I bet your girlfriend will feel the same way. 

Blushes

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:15 AM »
Thank you so much for the reply Radha, I'm shaking so bad it's ridiculous. I just feel safer sharing with the lovely pony people on here.  :heart:

And thanks, I hope girlfriend think so too, she lives a couple of states away so haven't spoken with her yet :c

sunshine29102

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
 :hug:    :hug:    :hug:   
i hope your girlfriend appreciates it! and never be afraid or ashamed of who you are! :)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:27:34 AM »
I really admire you for that! My parents are Christian and very strongly opinionated about things, and they always pull off the regular song and dance whenever something on the news comes on about same-sex marriage. It's never positive, so, I can't say if I'll ever really "come out" to them in fear of how they'll react. But I hope everything goes well for you!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
You still have all of us on here :) HUGS :)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
I also came out to my mom today

I hope your mom took the news well. :hug:

If your friends drop you, they weren't friends and you're better off without them in your life.

Blushes

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
Thank you all so much <3
And my mom is ehhh about it. She's being nice, but she'd prefered I'd not, you know? :/

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 09:45:25 AM »
I think you have been incredibly brave by coming out. I know we shouldn't be ashamed of who we are but unfortunately there are people in this world who would rather judge than support. I actually lost a friend as I was too fat to be seen with in her eyes ( despite only being a size 14 UK ) so just goes to show you will only loose fake friends, not your real ones. I wish you all the luck in the world and sounds like your girlfriend has a wonderful courageous partner who loves her dearly. She is a very lucky girl ( as I sure you are too for having her :) )

Mimic x x x

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »
Thank you all so much <3
And my mom is ehhh about it. She's being nice, but she'd prefered I'd not, you know? :/

Awww congrats :hug:

I came out during my sophomore year of high school. I came out to close friends and my sisters first....then I more like fell out to my mom.

Honestly, I did lose friends. It was hard at the time, but looking back, I don't want to be friends with someone who can't except me for who I am.

My mom took a little while to come around. She reacted by basically saying "it was a phase" and such. But after time, she has come around and is very supportive now.

Just give it all time. People need time to process. Don't worth to much. The people who are important will stick by you.

As for the bi/lesbian bit, I can tell you many of my friends came out as bi first. It's kind of a...testing the waters, if you will? I told my mom I was bi at first, but I am 100% lesbian. You'll figure out what is right for you :)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 09:48:42 AM »
I'd imagine that coming out on FB takes a whole bunch of courage! I hope it goes well for you. I want to tell you that those who won't be able to take it aren't worth it, but I know it's not that simple... Or at least we don't want it to be. It's hard to have childhood friends that all of the sudden turn their backs on you for something so ridiculous.

I could tell you my story, but there isn't much to it, because I've kept to myself and hardly dated since I found out (I'll just say that my life has become too complicated   :sad:). However, I did come out to my mom right off the bat, and she was like "It's just a phase".  -_- Several years later when I had found a girlfriend I really loved I told her again, and this time she pretended to be accepting, but then started denying it and asking me questioning if I had ever been abused. =(

I know that's a serious matter, but I haven't been, and I just wish my mom would take it seriously.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
Well done Blushes!  :accomplished:

I remember it being very daunting coming out to my parents, especially my dad who had previously said some borderline homophobic things. And when my GF went to tell her mum who is Catholic I was a nervous wreck at home waiting to hear how she took it. Turns out they were pretty fine with it!  :) The only person who thought it was a phase was GF's stepmother. Don't mind that, as long as they don't go on about it.

Only was of our friends was 'grossed out' when we told her but she quickly got over it when she realised we were too in love with each other to come on to her.  ;)

I'm with a guy now, but I still consider myself bi. GF now considers herself to be lesbian.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Blushes

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »
Aww Mimic I'm so sorry! What a horrible person :c There's nothing wrong with being size 14 UK like, ugh, what a jerk!

Reading everyone's messages have made my day, thank you all  :heart: I appreciate your words so very much. I'm going to like save the page, so I can keep the comments for when I need a boost to move forward!

Rainbow Blossom, I'm so sorry. My mum's like that too. She tells me the perfect guy we'll come along and wants to hook me with a bunch of my guy friends that I'm just friends with. She doesn't really know about girlfriend, only kinda knows. </3
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:39:07 AM by Blushes »

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 11:35:14 AM »
Good for you! Coming out takes a lot of guts and I hope all the best for you and your girlfriend.

As for me, I didn't really have to. I alluded to asexuality but never fully admitted it, I didn't want to since my mom was of the "it's just a phase" mentality. But she eventually figured it out, watched that Netflix documentary about it, and hasn't really seemed to care since. At work it's become kind of a joke since we have one employee for each letter of LGBTA.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Snix

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »

Little worried I'm going to lose some friends,

Im an heterosexual person, so i couldnĀ“t talk in deep about the problems of the gay community, but im sure of one thing..

Dont worry about lose friends if you came out, because, in first place, if you tell them this, and they couldnĀ“t respect the thing and leave you, in first place, this persons NEVER was your friends. Simple as that
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:39:27 AM by Snix »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal