collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coming out  (Read 1702 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: Coming out
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »
Congrats on coming out! It can be a hard thing to get the courage to do, and you did it!

I never had to come out because I married my high school sweetheart (a man), so really only close friends know because the topic came up. So, I especially admire you, because I feel sort of lucky it was something I never had to do. I'm not really ashamed of who I am, but I know there are cruel people in the world from seeing some of my loved ones go through some absolute BS. The world is becoming more accepting though, so I hope the BS you experience isn't too intense and I hope your true friends (count the forum among them!) help you through it. I'm here too if you need to talk! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
Congrats! I know it's hard, but I'm proud of you! We're all here for you if you need!

I came out to my father on a car ride. My stepmom found out when she met my gf, now wife. My mom sort of always knew. My friends don't care and if they did, they're not my friends very long.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 10:58:07 PM »
It should be something that really doesn't matter to anyone else but you, unfortunately its not seen as normal. Im gay and came out years ago, nobody treated me any different, my parents also prefer me to "turn straight" but they accept it. If your girlfriend makes you happy that is all that matters. Anyone that treats you bad because of it isn't worth having around anyhow :)

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
congrats! I came out recently too. It may be tough at first but it gets better.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2014, 05:50:26 AM »
It angers and saddens me so much that in this day and age people can't be who they are openly. For me, personally I couldn't care less what your sexuality is as long as you're happy and feel comfortable with yourself. One of the most beautiful women I've ever met was formerly a man. A coworker told us he was gay and we just said 'of course you are' because it just fit perfectly and then we just went on working. I've always believed that people get in love with the person rather than the sex.

But I'm straight and therefor don't know how it feels to be afraid to come out and not know what family and friends will think and how they will react. But I am proud of you for coming out on fb of all places. It's very brave.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
You're more brave than I :hug:

I've got a couple of toes out of the closet :P I'm mostly out online as transgender in the places I've been most active. Except for my main Facebook profile (though I have another under my preferred name). I have switched my gender on FB but it's private and I changed my pronouns to 'they/their' ... I'm sure people who don't know at least know something is up. It's killing me though :( I really want to change my name. I thought about changing my first name to an initial but FB won't let me do that.

I have "friends" who know my parents and my sister on my FB, which is why I'm still not out completely on it. I don't think my family will take it well. It's so much easier when you're younger, I think. I'm 31. I know a lot of people transition later in life. Heck, I know one transwoman who just started hormone therapy and she's in her 50s. But it sure makes me feel stupid. I always knew. Just didn't think I could do something about it. Then depression consumed me for a decade and... here I am. On the cusp of starting over with a chance at real happiness. Only the roadblock of family stands in my way. Ugh.

I'm so happy for people who can come out :) Even if things don't always go the way they should, it shows an incredible amount of courage. Good for you! :hug:

You're never to old to start living your life. I began living full time at age 32 and am now 37 (almost 38). Though I've known since I was 2 years old.  Just took awhile for me to get to a place where I could start making changes. The day you're to old is the day you're dead. Good luck.

People that accept you for you, whatever that is are true gems. My father isn't one of those but I'm learning to deal with him.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 07:04:29 PM »
*hugs*
i've never understood judging someone for their sexual orientation or the like....or even how it effects others.  the only person's i care about is the one who ends up with me.

its not like it changes who you are, or how much we care about you. so no worries here. didn't know you well before, but count me in on the friend list.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:05:47 AM by rosierjay »

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 10:38:22 PM »
Hey there! Biggest congrats! You're so very brave and I'm proud of you! <3

I know it's a hard thing to come out, I came out as lesbian to my closest freinds first (very first was to the girl i fell in love with aha I just prefer to tell people how I feel to thier face if I can) I have lost freinds, pretty much all of them but luckily the girl I'm in love with still cares about me and we've been close for about 5 years (or more?). She cares for me, but is asexual, but I'm just so happy she's still in my life! :)

Though I have lost most freinds as soon as I tell them basically, I still feel okay for the (two) I have and It's really helped talking on here so I'm not so lonely! It was very scary coming out to my mother as she said very homophobic things that hurt me a lot, but I haven't been rejected but it's still awkward and I have no clue if my stepfather knows, as he said that "homosexuals deserved to be bashed to death"... but hey I'm alive so things turn out ok :)
I definately wont judge you! no matter who you are or who you love, you're perfect!
Though it's scary, things will be ok

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »
Congrats on being brace and coming out, be  proud of who you are!
It's been said and it's true, if you lose friends then they were't real friends and you don't need them in your life.

My own story is rather anticlimactic. I came out to my friends in highschool and it was all rather meh, me and my friends were weird alright?
I never actually came out to my family until like a few months ago, by which I mean I said to my mother "By the way, you know I'm dating [significant other], right?"... Heck, I'd even told my boss and coworkers before I told my Mum, but she just said she knew already and I didn't have to tell her because it was just who I was. In fact everyone I've ever told has already sorta known. And it wasn't some epiphany for myself either, it was something I'd known all along, I just hadn't ever had to define it until I met my best friend who grew to be the woman I fell in love with.
I myself don't believe in labels, but if asked I say Bi (don't get me started on Bi vs. Pan, and the anti-Bi feelings in the LGBT community).

In fact, I don't think it's a big deal at all and I wish it were the same for everybody. I just find it so frustrating that we still live in a society that makes people afraid to fully embrace and love who they are, or makes them hate and despise themselves, and sticks a label on everyone to more easily single them out.

Just love yourself and feel free to love whoever you wish, haters gonna hate. :cool: :hug:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Truly

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2014, 04:27:02 AM »
Congrats on being brace and coming out, be  proud of who you are!
It's been said and it's true, if you lose friends then they were't real friends and you don't need them in your life.

My own story is rather anticlimactic. I came out to my friends in highschool and it was all rather meh, me and my friends were weird alright?
I never actually came out to my family until like a few months ago, by which I mean I said to my mother "By the way, you know I'm dating [significant other], right?"... Heck, I'd even told my boss and coworkers before I told my Mum, but she just said she knew already and I didn't have to tell her because it was just who I was. In fact everyone I've ever told has already sorta known. And it wasn't some epiphany for myself either, it was something I'd known all along, I just hadn't ever had to define it until I met my best friend who grew to be the woman I fell in love with.
I myself don't believe in labels, but if asked I say Bi (don't get me started on Bi vs. Pan, and the anti-Bi feelings in the LGBT community).

In fact, I don't think it's a big deal at all and I wish it were the same for everybody. I just find it so frustrating that we still live in a society that makes people afraid to fully embrace and love who they are, or makes them hate and despise themselves, and sticks a label on everyone to more easily single them out.

Just love yourself and feel free to love whoever you wish, haters gonna hate. :cool: :hug:

Too right tulips!
I agree with all that you say here! and I hate how even in the LGBT community that there is such a negative attitude towards bisexual people! leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I personally understand how it works as I am fascinated (im studying psychology hehe) by all forms of love! I see no issue in it at all! Bisexuals are great too! whether you're gay straight bisexual lesbian transgender asexual or anything thats fine by me :) Just a pity that a lot of people either dont understand it, fear it, and hate it are out there and cause grief for others...
Thats why im studying psychology, i want to be there to help those having a hard time, so theyre not alone :)   

Blushes

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2014, 05:19:37 AM »
Thank you so much everyone  :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal