collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toys that used to scare you as a child  (Read 5501 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Toys that used to scare you as a child
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
When I was a toddler my parents had a small pink cow that mooed when you tipped it.  It always made me cry, so my dad would do it again and again.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
My sister had a very old doll and her skin was a greenish yellow. She had BBE eyes and really short, black hair that felt like wire XD It always scared me :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 07:47:42 PM »
Lifelike baby dolls and porcelain dolls. I can't do them. I instantly get uneasy around them and start going into a panic attack if I think that they are watching me/ following me with their eyes. Always been afraid of them and prob. always will.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »
My mom had this awful doll that she had from when she was a kid named Tina, and she was freaking terrifying. I still don't like her.  This isn't my image, but this is the same doll.

I'd never get rid of her, but she lives in the attic, because no.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
ooh! great topic! lets see I was a teenager actually and my best friend/roomie got a furby. the thing was annoying at first so she took the batteries out and I'm not joking when I tell you that this sucker would sit there and blink. it was the original type of furby, not the led eyed ones of today.  there was a blinking eyed baby doll (hence why I don't like BBE ponies) my grandma used to have a lot of clowns and I'm mildly phobic of them and this doesn't count but I used to be very afraid of Sesame Streets Snuffy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:51:31 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »
Antique dolls, baby dolls. They've always freaked me out.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 11:45:30 PM »
That operation game scared me whenever the buzzer went off! I hated that game when my brother would purposely make that noise! Also, my brother had this remote control robot that freaked me out for some reason when it was rolling across the floor. I still remember jumping up on the couch screaming getting away from it as my brother laughed!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 12:22:36 AM »
My uncle got me this Talking Baby doll for my seccond christmas. Needless to say it scared me half to death and the only baby doll I rember haveing around was a puffalump doll..I didn't see it as a doll.

I never liked barbie dolls..
My sister would have dreams that the barbies would try and dig out her heart with thair sharp fingers.

:accomplished:

InkyMomo

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:29 AM »

LOL isn't that the exact opposite reason for why he wore them? To make creaky noises to wake up children and scare them?

Yup, but he didn't know that. My brother was always saying stuff like that though.

I also used to say to him "Wouldn't it be great if my My Little Ponies came to life! Then I could have friends around all the time!" and he'd always say "No, because scientists would take them away to cut them up to find out why they were alive."  :shocked: Hurray for having brothers who are 8 years older than you.

ooh! great topic! lets see I was a teenager actually and my best friend/roomie got a furby. the thing was annoying at first so she took the batteries out and I'm not joking when I tell you that this sucker would sit there and blink. it was the original type of furby, not the led eyed ones of today.

Funny you should mention that. I had a Furby that did that too. I removed its batteries and always made sure it's eyes were closed as they sort of freaked me out and when ever I'd look at it again its eyes would be wide open.  >_< I think it spent it's shelf life for the most part staring at a wall. 

flyawayraven

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 06:28:09 AM »
Teddy Ruxpin. Never had one but had friends who did and dear god was he creepy!

Cabbage Patch dolls also gave me the creeps. Still do. :x

Edit: The game Perfection also really scared me as a kid. Looking back, I realize that was because it was a nightmare for anyone with a hint of anxiety.  The loud buzzer didn't help either.  -_-
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:31:20 AM by flyawayraven »

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:32 AM »
porcalain dolls reborn dolls  and clown dolls scare me silly !!!!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »
On some Christmas my parents gave me a Rescue Pet - an over-the-top cutesy puppy thing that would whine and tilt its head when it sensed movement. It became a nuisance to all of us, so at one point I buried it in my toy chest in hopes of shutting it up. Big mistake - the motion senser still worked from deep within there, and any time someone would so much as walk up the stairs the thing would go off and start crying. One time I fell asleep in the same room as it and woke to the sound of what sounded like a demon from skeleton hell being strangled - it's batteries had finally started going out. Needless to say, we got rid of it not long after.

Also, I had a good sized collection of Puppy in my Pockets as a kid. A friend from school informed me that they were actually murderous little suckers, and had killed a classmate of ours whole she slept (in reality she'd moved to Canada or something). Around that time I started hearing strange noises at night; soft thuds on the carpet, like something very small being dropped repeatedly. I stopped playing with them and they were eventually moved to the attic, and eerily enough, the noises stopped.

Spoooooopy...
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »
I had a huge white bear that was bigger than I was as a child. He sat in the corner of my room, I remember waking up one night and thought I saw him moving, it didn't help that I also had a bad dream of it coming alive one night. But then my mom explained it was there to protect me while I slept and after that I wasn't afraid of him anymore. It was probably a good thing I didn't think about what that bear was supposedly protecting me from.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
I was scared of my Chubbles:

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/chubbles.htm

His eyes lit up and he made noise when you clapped or turned on the light. Anyway, at some point I became afraid of him. I remember throwing him into the back of my closet. I don't think I ever saw him again. Maybe my mom dug him out and got rid of him when she realized I was scared? LOL

I was a spoiled kid who got almost everything I wanted. The one toy I wanted that I didn't get was a Cricket doll. I wanted her soooo bad. I wrote Santa the sweetest suck-up letter ever to ask for her. :lol: My mom just couldn't bring herself to pay $100 for a doll...especially one that was so hideous. As an adult looking back, I have to agree. That is one ugly doll. It's better that I got tons of MLP instead!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
These stories are making me grin. lol!  Love them.

I was always a bit afraid of dolls, so all of mine lived in a toybox... with a lock.   I loved horse toys until my dad bought me a Dungeons and Dragons Nightmare Evil for Christmas.  So scary I cried.

Here is a sold one on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evil-Nightmare-horse-Advanced-Dungeons-Dragons-LJN-Grand-Toys-Macao-1983-/310982347677?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4867fe0b9d

Thanks dad! :D

Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal