collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will  (Read 2375 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Will
« on: July 20, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »
Have you ever talked to your loved one(s) about what to do with your collection if you pass away?  :blink:

There's a lot of money in my collection. I don't remember how it came up but I told my boyfriend (who has been my best friend for life and probably will be my husband too) to sell them if I pass away unless my niece wants some (she always talks in awe of my pony room and wanting to see it again).. but I insisted he not sell them in lots or without researching them a bit to know their values (and told him there's an ID site that's easy to use), 'cause I don't want him losing out on thousands of dollars by trying to get rid of them quick! The idea is just devastating to me. :lol: I want him to get as much back as he can. My spirit will feel better about all the money I spent.  ;)

Cute extra thing:  He wants me to make a checklist so he can buy me every pony left I need to complete my collection. I usually don't buy just the ponies anymore and just spend my money on merchandise and MOCs so I have yet to get them all!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Will
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »
Even though I am only 16, I have thought about that XD
I just told my parents that if something were to happen just sell them. 

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:34:40 AM »
If I go before my boyfriend, I'll give em all to him  :P and I'm gonna come back as a ghost to make sure they're all there too XD
I may even pull alittle ghostly prank on him to,like surrounding him with ponies in his bed while he's asleep  :biggrin:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 12:35:20 AM »
I know exactly what's going to happen when I shuffle off my mortal coil....

I will be laid to rest Egyptian style in a large mausoleum, surrounded by everything I loved in my life.  And my ponies will be the guard of honor.  Think King Tut meets the Terracotta Army  :biggrin:

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 12:39:01 AM »
If I die, my boyfriend said he'd take all my ponies and carry on collecting for me in my memory. I think it's rather sweet :heart:

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 03:52:34 AM »
Yeah, I've thought about this depressing topic. I don't really know what to do with them to be honest. My mum will get rid of them I know as she doesn't particularly like them, so I'm going to have to leave her my spreadsheet with all the individual information and values that I've accumulated. Hopefully she can then sell them and put the money toward something good. Maybe a nice bench in my memory on a hilltop or something. Or maybe not.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 04:14:41 AM »
I told my family they can either sell them or give them to my collector friends. But they are NOT to yard sale or Good Will them :P I imagine they'd keep a few of my favorites in memory of me though :)

If I die, my boyfriend said he'd take all my ponies and carry on collecting for me in my memory. I think it's rather sweet :heart:

Aww, that is sweet :)
My Wish List

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:17:36 AM »
I have thought about it in the past years and talked to my husband about it too.
If it happens, he and our daughter will each pick things from my collection that they particular want to keep for remembering me. Hubby said, he will keep my childhood ponies, which are easy to find since they all have a "V" under their hooves, along with some others from which he knows I really love them a lot. The rest will be sold to earn some money for all the costs that will come up. I also wish that some of the not valuable ponies will be donated to kids from families in need.
Its kinda sad to deal with these thoughts, but... it also kinda lifted me up to talk to my hubby about it. I now know he cares (I knew before but ... yeah you know what I mean) and to know that they wont be just tossed away in the end makes it easier. Of course I wont care anymore when Im gone. Im just happy to know that my little family will at least have a little benefit from the ponies in the end.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:19 AM »
I've told hubby that I'd like my collection to go to a museum in the end. If I go first, I want him to keep them as long as he wants but then, when he goes to make sure that they're left somewhere like that, unless he ends up in need, in which case he's to sell them to raise some money. I've also said anyone that knows me can pick out the one/s they want to remember me if they so wish :)

Offline U2QueenBee

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 05:04:23 AM »
My collection isn't worth much, so I think my husband will donate them to a charity shop most likely, and/or give them to family who may want them.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
  I like the idea of leaving a spreadsheet.  My only concern is that dealing with my collection not be a burden.  I've watched family members struggle to figure out what to do with the stuff from loved ones that have died- it can turn into a big heartache for them.  I don't know that the money my smallish collection could sell for would compensate for my husband or daughter worrying and working to sell it properly.

They could definitely keep a few if they wanted, but I guess I really don't care as long as they do whatever is best for them. 

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 07:29:24 AM »
Well, I have said to my bf if anything happens, then keep the ones you want that are special (he has bought ones for me for birthday, valentines day etc), and other family members can choose one that they would like as a memento,  and if he doesn't want to sell them off then I do have a pony-friend living relatively close by that I would like to "inherit" them, so she can keep what she likes and properly sell/give the rest to other collectors ^_^ In the future when I have children that will change, but for now that's my idea ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 07:38:54 AM »
All my collections will end up going to my daughter when she is old enough......and if my husband wanted to keep anything. Then she can keep what is special to her or what she wants and sell the rest to make a little money. I hope one day she will be able to pick up certain ponies or items and have fond memories of playing with mommy...or sneaking into mommy's room.........

The only thing I wonder is what if or when your significant other remarries.......that person may be really freaked out by a bunch of boxes of a dead ladies ponies laying around :lol: :lol: Especially if they are not a collector........ but it would be the perfect moment to make a ghostly appearance.....hehe :P

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 08:32:50 AM »

Oh my gosh, mine said the same thing! He was saying how he could never get rid of them and my niece could just visit them, and he'd probably go on collecting to complete my collection for me. Sweet boys!

The only thing I wonder is what if or when your significant other remarries.......that person may be really freaked out by a bunch of boxes of a dead ladies ponies laying around :lol: :lol: Especially if they are not a collector........ but it would be the perfect moment to make a ghostly appearance.....hehe

I know this sounds outlandish to other people, but he has pretty much convinced me I'm it for him and there will never be anyone else. He hasn't been with anyone else for like 15 years? and I dated other guys all throughout that time while he kind of suffered in silence that he was in love with me. He doesn't like any talk of me dying and says he thinks his heart would have him die that day too, but hopefully he would find love and happiness again and hopefully he would sell them off or let my family do it if he'd rather. :)
My thing is mostly my MOCs... get the money back for those. :lol:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:40:54 AM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
Aadra gets them all, minus any Mr. Skeen might want.  Since I only have a few she needs, I would assume she'll sell them.  Whatever, I'll be dead!  They'll be her problem then.  ;) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal