collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 395 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!
« on: July 19, 2014, 05:29:27 AM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post here! 

I'm in my late 20s (i still feel like I'm about 18, lol) and I live in Queensland, Australia. 

I've been collecting G1 My Little Ponies since I was 3. 

I have two younger sisters who also had them though are not so interested they're adults.  When I was in high school our mum used to take us and my best friend to early-morning flea markets on the weekends and we'd race around trying to find all the ponies, like a big treasure hunt.  A lot of my happiest memories involve ponies! 

For ages my childhood/teen collection has sat around in boxes.  I started collecting again a couple of years ago. 

I live with severe depression/anxiety and physical health problems resulting from child abuse.  It went on for many years and I had a breakdown when I was 16.  Along with lots of medications and doctors, ponies have become a sort of therapy for me, something I can think about and work on even when I'm exhausted and it helps my mind not to think on bad things outside of psych sessions. 

I moved out of home when I was 21, but I'm living with my mum at the moment, which I'm so thankful for because I didn't really know her growing up.  (I do my own cooking and cleaning of course.)  She's there for me when I stuff up my medications or when I need to talk or if I need to go to hospital.  I'm lucky to have some good friends, but am most thankful for my family since most people don't understand me but they do. 

I have new baby niece who I just love, she's 3 months old, and when she's big enough I'm going to spoil her with ponies!  (As long as she's gentle and doesn't wreck them.  I'm not a fan of crimes against ponies, lol!)

I only collect G1, though I secretly don't mind G4.  My mum loves ponies too, and it's something we can share.  When a new pony comes she's nearly as excited as me :)

Not many people know about my collection, it's the sort of thing I only want to share with other pony fans!  I'm so lucky to have picked up a few amazing ponies.  I have an MIB Good Weather, some alternate Birthflower ponies, 5 of the TAF babies, babies Diamond and Ruby, and so many more that I love!  My favourites as a kid were the baby Sparkle ponies, especially baby Gusty.  A lot of the later UK ponies were sold in Australia, so I had a fair few of them growing up too like roller skates ponies, MLP Tales ponies and the family ponies with the beautiful horizontally striped hair. 

So yeah, that's about me!  Hi!

Ps..... most pages on the Arena seem to be off limits to me.  Do I have to do something to be able to participate in boards and posts?    :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »
Hi and welcome.  As per the welcome PM you were sent, you need to post an introduction and get it approved before you can see the rest of the board. You should be good to go now!

I wish I had done boot fairs etc back in the 80s. I didn't start until much later and although there were still a few ponies showing up, I can imagine all of the awesome finds you must have had!  I hope you enjoy the forums and chatting with all of the other pony fans here :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 06:00:32 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Sounds like you have a pretty impressive collection already :) Everyone here is super friendly so you should feel free to share pictures if you wish!

How great you are able to get to know your mum as an adult now and that she shares your interest in ponies. I hope you enjoy the forums.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 06:56:56 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 11:39:11 AM »
Hello and welcome!!!!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »
Don't let anyone tell you that toys aren't for adults. Otherwise, why would childless people need to have jobs?
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:42 AM »
welcome to the arena!!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal