collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do when...  (Read 773 times)

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
What do you do when...
« on: July 16, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
I suppose this is a thread about grails...

As a relatively new collector, (I have my childhood ponies and have always loved MLP) I am wondering what you all do when you totally fall in love with a practically unattainable pony.

For me that pony is Nachtlicht (Nighlight). She is so beautiful in her simplicity and I adore her symbol stars and the moon. I love her colors too. I am just in pony love with her.

Please share your pony love stories. And if you have been lucky enough to obtain your grail, tell us about how you finally came to own those special herd members...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What do you do when...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »
start saving of course! :)

Actually my pony grail, (7 tales Clover) is a bit of a weird grail because she isn't really that pricey and super hard to hard to find.. I have just had bad luck as the few times I've seen her up for sale, I miss the end of the auction or someone dives and snaps her up before I get the chance.

'Fall in pony love' haha I like that, I might refrain from using it in my life away from the forum but its very funny and cute. If you feel like that, I'm sure your going to get hold of her eventually xx

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 04:52:39 PM »
Sweet Scoops and Nightlight. XD I'll be obtaining Sweet Scoops soonish though, but I've kinda given up on Nightlight because I miss every reasonably priced one for sale. x-x

I wanted Hollywood for a really long time but was in a tight situation at the time and didn't have the money, but I found a near mint one (aside from a tail cut) at a flea market for $3.  :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:55:39 PM by Spectrum »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »
Sigh. Mine would be Munchy... she was my grail for a long while, and during a time when it was really easy to get ripped off for this pony. She had been valued somewhere around the $60 mark, which was just too high for me on a server's wage, but I never gave up hope. I really wanted that pony! So I waited, and waited, and soon enough, I was able to snag her for closer to the $40 mark. It was the most that I'd paid for a pony at that time so it felt a little weird, but the intensity of which I wanted the pony in my opinion more than justified the price.

I recommend setting aside a fishbowl or something where you can store loose $1s as a pony fund.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
Yeah, Nightlight is far from unattainable: $80ish NM, $50ish for one with flaws. Save up and you'll get her sooner or later if you keep trying.

Now, what do you do when you fall in love with a REALLY rare and expensive pony, like a $1,000 one for which only a half- dozen exist?
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 05:14:58 PM »
Good luck saving for Nachtlicht! I think she's my absolute favourite G1. It took a long time for me to find mine, but she's not impossible to get hold of :)

My current grail, on the other hand... XD It's Re Unicorno, or Italian Majesty. I doubt I'll ever get him since he's so rare and expensive, but he's so pretty... *__*

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »
I've also fallen in love with Inquieta, or Argentinean walking-pose green Flutterbye, but I haven't fallen in love with her value. :(

I've put her in the back of my mind as my "maybe someday" pony. My quest for Munchy was relatively short considering that I started collecting in July and acquired her in May, but I honestly cannot think of a pony that I've wanted more.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »
Mine is the Mail Order Mommy And Baby ponies. I had the set form my childhood. They were some of the last new ponies that I got and I loved them! I loved them so much that I did not play with them and they still had the original curls in there hair. I sold them off to a member on here a few years back. I now wish that I NEVER did that! :(

I hope to someday be able to get them back, I know not my original ones but I can wish!

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
Yeah, Nightlight is far from unattainable: $80ish NM, $50ish for one with flaws. Save up and you'll get her sooner or later if you keep trying.

Now, what do you do when you fall in love with a REALLY rare and expensive pony, like a $1,000 one for which only a half- dozen exist?

Oh that's good to know! There are two on ebay right now for around $190.00. I don't know what I would do if I fell for a pony worth $1000. Lust from afar I suppose hee hee.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far. I have enjoyed reading them. I will start saving my money.

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »
Mine would be the mail order rapunzel, the only way I could ever afford her is if I can find one in need of new hair.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 07:06:16 PM »
Mine is Brazilian Milky Way - I love the rearing pose, and her blue and red stars make me feel all patriotic, lol!  She's pricey, but not too bad in the grand scheme of Nirvanas. 

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:42 PM »
Mine would be the mail order rapunzel, the only way I could ever afford her is if I can find one in need of new hair.

Same for me, either that re a really, really good custom!! I just love the pose, her colours and her symbol. Really just love everything about her....
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
My grail for the longest time was soft sleepy newborn hushabye. What did I do? I waited patiently for her for just about 5 years and finally got her this year. I like gigantic creepy bbe ponies. My fastest fall in love grail was mib red roses and she's happily in her dark corner shelf. Ultimate grail at this time, like many others is Rapunzel... That long flowing hair, tinsel... love love love. I don't think I'll ever find her though.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »
i  fell in love with chacha the llama. (who is rahter expensive0  and   for two  years i saved and tried to get her.. well at the fair    last weekend there she was i had arragned to see her.  and i finnaly oculd afford to  get her ! ^^

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
I usually just save and/or sell other ponies/items to get something that I want more. That, or I apologize to my credit card. ;)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal