collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canada vacation brag!  (Read 462 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Canada vacation brag!
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Sooo as I was finally done with university and had had only silence or rejections for internships and jobs, I finally went to Canada to stay with a longterm internet friend and of course I bought a load of ponies :D I didn't buy any store exclusives, largely because the Through the Mirror and PPB lines are kinda boring and I already bought glitter Pinkie and Wysteria loose a while ago :lol: . The TRU exclusives are okay, but the Favourites set was waaaay too big, and I only really want Crysalis, Dizzy, and maybe Lyra for my army so it seemed a waste. Sadly they didn't get in Photo Finish before I left, either, but my friend is coming to the UK next year so she's getting a Paypal deposit and a list :lmao:

Here is (most of) my pony haul:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(So glad to find Mrs. Cake! The set has had very poor stock in England, and the TRU I found her at only had one left :lol: . Likewise with Luna - I had only seen her for £20 (about $35), but Target were liquidating their pony stock so she only cost me $11 (£6) !!)

Not pictured:  full size Funko Lyra, Funko Mini Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash mug and hat :lol:

I got lucky, as Trixie was released just two days before I left (she's online only in the UK ugh) and the store had had a re-delivery of Scootaloo, whom I'd been unable to find back in England. I wanted AppleBloom but alas only had so much room in my suitcase (I had to leave some clothes and yarn at my friend's to keep my suitcase beneath the weight limit OTL).

Funny story: On the way home I forgot to take off my belt going through (one of these:

. ) and it set off the metal detector. So I handed it over to one of the guards and went through again. She was staring really hard at the belt and turning it over in her hands and for one long moment I was terrified I wasn't going to get it back (the buckle is fairly heavy). She gave me a bit of a look and I think she was smirking as she handed it back but, whatever. I got it back. Yeah I'm 21 and wearing a pony belt, you should see my suitcase, lady.

We also went over the border to Massena in NY for the day and went to Walmart. Before I left my sisters gave me some money and a list of things to bring back. So. Yeah. You can prolly tell what happened next.
Spoiler

ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER OM NOM NOM

...I regret nothing, aside trying to fit that into the suitcase and ending up filling my carry-on luggage with poptarts (those things are heavy!). I should note this was purchased between me and my two sisters so I'm not going to be eating it all myself  :lol:

Then I came home to Build-A-Bear Toothless (the store held one for a few days so my mum could get him for me as their last delivery came after I left) :D

Aaand, best of all...I got my university results back and I got first class honours in Creative Writing  :biggrin:

I'm sad to be back in the UK, though! I wanna go back to Canada  :cry:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Canada vacation brag!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
Congrats :) Happy to hear that you had a good time :)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »
Sounds like you had an awesome time in Canada! The Mrs. Cake set is adorable. Congrats!

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »
Congrats on all the finds (and the food)!  Sounds like you had a great holiday!  :biggrin:

Blog

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 10:56:55 PM »
It looks like you had a great pony.  That is a funny story about your belt. I'm glad you got it back :) :)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:09:27 AM »
Congrats for your newest additions  ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:47 AM »
Wow, you got some very nice bargains and really added to your herd, congrats ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal