collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "G1.5" ...?  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Re: "G1.5" ...?
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »

Yet she still used Posey and Surprise. I always found that kind of funny.

I imagine she had the toys of them.

Eh, i still find it a bit too much of a coincidence that out of all the toys she had, she picked characters that appeared on the show (or the first special). That both of those characters are similar to their G1 show counterparts. Just swap plants with animals and exaggerate their personalities. (Kinda like how Rainbow Dash is pretty much an exaggerated Firefly.)

But yeah, not like anyone can know for sure.

That's what I think too, even if Posey was just a coicidence I find pretty hard to believe she got the Firefly daredevil personaly out of thin air witout seeing the special even once

Mostly when in the backcard didn't say anything about being a darevil and loving adventures , it just descrives as "likes to dance in the clouds" but other early pegs do say similar things to Firefly backcard

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Firefly

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Skydancer
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:08:56 AM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2014, 08:40:19 PM »
anyoen else sick of hearing about the almighty faust?   I DONT CARE. what when or how faust did whatever she did with what.  G1 is G1, and if she hates toys so much she can stuff it. because we who do like the g1 show and like toys as much as shows dont really need her stamp of approval.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »
always saw it as part of the G1 line.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:02:02 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »
Holy G1! That's a lot of unnecessary change somepony's trying to make! Leave history be. Let's categorize the new ones by the show instead of the toy mold. You know, to make it easier for the FiM only fans. :lmao:

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »
anyoen else sick of hearing about the almighty faust?   I DONT CARE. what when or how faust did whatever she did with what.  G1 is G1, and if she hates toys so much she can stuff it. because we who do like the g1 show and like toys as much as shows dont really need her stamp of approval.

I always got the impression from her old drawings that she liked it *shrug* I would not believe half the stuff online they say people have said unless I hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. But still I mean...I don't think that pertains to the discussion because even though I love G1's now I HATED the show as a child (not that I still feel that way..)

Edit- Also I started out as strictly a FIM fan only as I only had may 2 or 3 pony toys as a kid and only one way new when I got the others where yard sale finds.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:48:24 AM by gemini_pony »

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2014, 03:37:36 AM »
It's not that she hates toys, but she saw the business of making toys getting the way of her artistic vision.  How McCracken described things, she's business illiterate and blames business for it.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2014, 04:58:47 AM »
:like:

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2014, 05:39:41 AM »

Yes! If I were nodding in agreement any harder, my head would fall off.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2014, 06:08:32 AM »
I think the problem is that we called G3.5s: G3.5s.  It makes everyone want to break down classifications further than they need to be, and makes some people think that it is acceptable to ".5" everything.  Maybe G1.5 should have been a whole new generation.  Then the FIM pony toy design could happily sit as G5 and maybe people would stop arguing additional .5s .75s. .10s whatever.

G1.5 is silly.  Generations are about the toys and there is no major change of the toys.  I do understand G3.5 because people were unsure what exactly to do with them, but there is no need of calling anything G1.5. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:10:22 AM by Marigold »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2014, 08:09:25 AM »
She does not hate the toys, she grew up with them, and still has her toys as early as G1.  If she hated the toys and the show why would she have created stories about as a child?  You have to like at least one thing about it.

Come on, I know you can't like everyone, but she gets enough hate from bronies (not all of them, but they don't respect her).  I know she's just one person, but she doesn't deserve the level of hate she gets. 

I realise that this is my fault for delaying the thread in the first place, and I can't even remember (without checking) how we even got on to Lauren, but seriously she's just one person, why should she always be the one targeted with all this hate, that she gets enough from her so called fans if she steps out of line?  She is a human person, she grew up with MLP the same as many of you did, and people like me wish they did.  That is why I relate to her so much, she's a fan who actually got to do her own version, and for what purpose?  To be a scapegoat apparently...

I say this because she is a person who has done nothing to harm MLP in anyway - I wasn't going to steer this thread of topic anymore, but I know what it's like to feel hated, and I know that people here are much nicer than all the brony forums I've been on put together.

I do appologise for my off topic outburst, and I am sorry if this gets take the wrong way, but I feel people should remember that no matter how famous people become, they are people with emotions, and it's not about "her approval", it's more that people make it out that she wants people to hate the pre-FIM stuff, and she doesn't.   

I am sorry for turning the topic to her (and I've just remembered how I did), but I wasn't trying to make her out to be the most important person in the entire franchise of My Little Pony or anything - she's a fan first and foremost to me, same as us, regardless of whether it's the toys or the show, just one who happened to do her own show, I love what she did with her version, but I love all versions of MLP, and respect everyone who worked on every version (but will still state my opinion if I didn't like something they did, because you can't like everything), but I do give Lauren bonus points, because the fact that she is a fan of the previous generations who got to do her own version makes her easier to relate to for me, because it's like if one of us got to do his or her own TV Series of it.  Now let's be honest here, even if you only like the toys, and don't care about any of the shows - you can't tell me that, as a ponyfan, you wouldn't at least think about it if you were asked.

But this still doesn't mean she gets more respect than anyone else involved, but it's just that I find it really heart-warming.

But sorry for derailing this topic, I tend toget defensive of people if they are getting a lot of hate, and I no it isn't as bad as the hate I've seen her get from some bronies, but I just wanted to avoid it here, but I am sorry for spending all this time on this topic, and I will do some more possitive topics later, if people will still be okay with me doing so after this...

Sorry.

Don't hate, please.  I come here to get away from that.  :sad:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:41:54 AM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2014, 08:21:04 AM »
She does not hate the toys, she grew up with them, and still has her toys as early as G1.

Come on, I know you can't like everyone, but she gets enough hate from bronies (not all of them, but they don't respect her).  I know she's just one person, but she doesn't deserve the level of hate she gets. 

I say this because she is a person who has done nothing to harm MLP in anyway - I wasn't going to stare this thread of topic anymore, but I know how it feels to be hated when people don't understand what I'm saying, and I know that people here are much nicer than all the brony forums I've been on put together.

Don't hate, please.  I come here to get away from that.  :sad:

I don't think anyone here hates Lauren, we just don't care about her (that much). It's annoying that she ends up as main subject in a lot of discussions which have nothing to do with her.

Btw, I've always thought that Lauren is some kind of a goddess to brony fandom because she made ponies "awesome". And also, because it seems like she is the only one allowed to have unipeg aka alicorn OC.  This is the first time I hear the opposite :wonder:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:32:06 AM by June »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »
I agree with MJNSEIFER. This thread started as a discussion on the terms used to label the toy lines and/or the different MLP cartoon series. Why did it turn into a thread about Faust bashing, or why/why not she likes certain MLP toys/cartoons?

Personally I think it would be much more beneficial if we talked about ways to label the different cartoon series--a way that is DIFFERENT than the labels we use for the toy lines--so that new collectors and FiM fans won't be so confused.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2014, 08:39:13 AM »
Faust is Faust. I'm tired of both ends. Acting like she is some god for being involved in G4 or hating her 100%.

Frankly what I am tired of is newer folks in MLP collecting trying to change things around. Learn what came before G4,respect it, and leave it alone.  This G1.5 is just ridiculous.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2014, 08:47:59 AM »
I have updated the reply because I thought of more stuff, but hopefuly I didn't upset anyone.

I'll send a message to people who asked me stuff/responded to my post about Lauren, and anyone else who's interested, so I don't take this off toipic anymore.  If anyone else wants to know anything about my response they can message me, and those who I choose to message, can tell me to stop if they want, I won't bombard them.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Well this kinda thing happens everywhere you go. Younger generations of fans will sometimes get things wrong.

For example if a song that came out in the 70s was covered and revamped in the 2000s by a different artist and it was a really good cover, then younger fans will jump on the bandwagon and may not research it's origins and tout it as being the creative genius of (insert artist here) and original fans will jump the younger ones butts (I"ve been guilty of not knowing unless the original artist was credited and of snarling at younger fans for thinking it was a newer artist) and of course in doing so aggressively, this will make newer fans irritated and defensive and hey, when most people get POed their emotions wave bye-bye to their logic and manners and arguments break out.

Now if they're rude when you try to politely correct them, then they deserve whatever they get for acting like lil turds.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:54:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal