collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "G1.5" ...?  (Read 3747 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: "G1.5" ...?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »
Also, bronies haven shown an unwillingness to get their facts straight. 
I whole heartedly agree with you on this one.  The fact that many of them still don't realize how much of what makes FIM (speaking about the show) so good is clearly inspired from the previous shows prooves this to no end.  Despite being one, I could probably list a lot of times when bronies got things wrong about MLP - including the one that they follow.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »
...which is why it's a bit wrong to generalize and say bronies as a whole. There are of course exceptions, WHICH WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER, but many seem to just... like you guys say. I don't have to repeat it.

And I get now where you guys are coming from that prefer g1.5 for Tales, and I agree that 1.5 would be better than prople incorrectly labelling Tales as g2.
However, I'm one of the boring "oldie moldies" that still thinks it's, well, rude, and get ticked off by it. if it needs another label than G1, then yes, use "Tales".

Slightly OT - you guys who also hang out on Brony forums - is there anyone who neglects the fact that Tirek was originally a G1 villain? *sudden curiosity*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:12 AM »
Slightly OT - you guys who also hang out on Brony forums - is there anyone who neglects the fact that Tirek was originally a G1 villain? *sudden curiosity*

From what I have seen, many FiM fans that are discussing those episodes in forums do remark that Tirek was from the old cartoons. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »
I wonder what these very first commercials should be called? G0.5? (And if that is the case, where does My Pretty Pony stand?) :rolleyes:

*sidles out of thread*

They would be called G1, just look at the style of the /TOY/- not the cartoon characters. As for My Pretty Pony they were the debut before My Little Pony became a thing, so I'm not sure they actually fall into a gen so much as stand as a predecessor (but if someone knows for sure, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!)

Sadly, the irony of my question seems to have been wasted  :relaxed:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »

From what I have seen, many FiM fans that are discussing those episodes in forums do remark that Tirek was from the old cartoons. :)
I wonder if they know that FIM has several call backs to the previous generations, as early as season 1?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
For the most part many bronies act like Faust disliked the original cartoon.  I know on FiM's wikipedia page that have her describing girls shows of the time being something like nothing but tea parties and the main characters winning through crying and sharing.  My jaw dropped upon reading this because it didn't describe either of Sunbow's shows for girls (MLP and Jem) at all.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 02:08:59 PM »
For the most part many bronies act like Faust disliked the original cartoon.
Well, they couldn't be more wrong.  They could try, but they would not be successful.

I know on FiM's wikipedia page that have her describing girls shows of the time being something like nothing but tea parties and the main characters winning through crying and sharing.  My jaw dropped upon reading this because it didn't describe either of Sunbow's shows for girls (MLP and Jem) at all.
That's why she liked MLP, because it stood out from the other shows, and didn't do things like this (I don't know what her view on Jem is). That's the impression I get from it, and the way FIM is just too full of shout-outs to the classics to be made by a hater.

In true brony-fashion they took what someone said at face value, and then ran with it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:13:02 PM by MJNSEIFER »

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2014, 02:38:08 PM »
I only learned about Tales and the related toys as an adult. Though I grew up with G1 when it was brand new. Never have I thought that Tales was anything but G1. No G1.3 messing around with things. It irks me when new folks instead of trying to learn something, try to change it. Based on the current MLP (G4) goings on.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2014, 02:50:42 PM »
I remember at the first years of G4 I came into a  Brony forum and they had a small subforum section called "merchandise" were it said "MLP related merchandise : clothes, toys, candy and other stuff"

So it was clear to me that they thought the toys were a merchandise part of MLP like the toys being the same   in case of Avatar Airbender  show ........instead of the show made to sell the toys  :blink: the show IS the merch one
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:55:28 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
That's why she liked MLP, because it stood out from the other shows, and didn't do things like this (I don't know what her view on Jem is). That's the impression I get from it, and the way FIM is just too full of shout-outs to the classics to be made by a hater.

In true brony-fashion they took what someone said at face value, and then ran with it.

She did not like the MLP cartoon.  I've never seen her say anywhere that she liked the cartoon, and have seen her say several times that she disliked it, that she found it boring, and that she preferred the stories she made up herself as a kid.

Which kind of makes my point about My Little Pony being a toyline with an animated commercial--that someone who thought the cartoon was dumb could still love My Little Pony as a WHOLE enough to devote a lot of time to making a show about it.

The MLP cartoons were such a tiny, tiny part of G1.  It was all about the toys.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:56:33 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »
I've seen her say she only saw three episodes of the series and stopped (and if they were the first three episodes of "The End of Flutter Valley" I can't blame her).  She was eleven or twelve by the time the series was coming out and was falling out of the brand in general by the time.  If you notice her childhood ponies only go up to Year 3 for the most part.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
I've seen her say she only saw three episodes of the series and stopped (and if they were the first three episodes of "The End of Flutter Valley" I can't blame her).  She was eleven or twelve by the time the series was coming out and was falling out of the brand in general by the time.  If you notice her childhood ponies only go up to Year 3 for the most part.

But what about Posey? Fluttershy personality inspiration  is cleary seen in  the episodes  Fugitive Flowers   is were Posey even makes the stare  :what:

According to MLP wiki and Dreamvalley is in the middle of S1, so this makes me think she must had seen at least more than a couple of episodes and take note in pony personalities from them  :)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2014, 03:31:32 PM »
Posey was originally released in Year 3 (as was Surprise).  Watchers of the show might know more of the So Soft versions, and she might have had their So Soft versions.  But her pictures of her childhood herd seemed to be mostly Year 3 or earlier.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
Before I read this thread, I didn't even know that people were referring to Tales as G1.5. It's G1! Does everything have to be complicated? :P
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
Posey was originally released in Year 3 (as was Surprise).  Watchers of the show might know more of the So Soft versions, and she might have had their So Soft versions.  But her pictures of her childhood herd seemed to be mostly Year 3 or earlier.

Yes I agree the evidence :) , however my point was that she could't really hated the show when Fluttershy has the same personality as Posey so she did liked some things from the show even if she has said in the web she hated or didn't watched it , is too mush of a coincidence from that episode (mostly the stare)

When her backcard didn't said anything about the stare http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Posey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal