collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the most you've ever spent on a handbag  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What\'s the most you\'ve ever spent on a handbag
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2014, 07:14:21 AM »
I tend to spend more on a wallet than handbags for some reason, im really fussy whe I it comes to wallets. I spent $65ish without shipping for the last wallet I purchased, but had an incident with it and needed to revert back to one I wasn't as fussed with. However my best mate brought me an adorable rainbow dash one that I just adore, its great.

The most on a handbag is probably $50 I think, I found an adorable one in a retro shop in melbourne that was a impulse purchase but ive had heaps of wear out of it.

I understand that, it's important to fee your money and cards are safe when you're out and about and the size and design of a wallet can really help.

Post Merge: July 06, 2014, 07:16:43 AM

:LOL: Yup...a good meal or a handbag....your choice! I'm not a purse person, myself. I get a little grossed out when women bring them into the washrooms with them, put them on the floor or sink counter (or change table  :shocked: ) and then plop it onto the table at a restaurant :sick:
HOWEVER...I do get it. Some of the bags you guys posted here I think I would actually use! They're stunning :) I just use a wallet because I'm seldom without pockets, but when I do need a little something I have a very nice Coach clutch that I found on the ground outside my apartment a couple years ago! I think someone stole it from the club downtown, because stuff was all over the place, but no ID or anything so I could find the owner!

I'm a clean freak when it comes to bacteria too! I hate watching people with poor hygiene  :(

Serendipity on your coach clutch! I've been looking up the coach stuff on ebay and I'm really impressed by some of their stuff.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:16:43 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: What's the most you've ever spent on a handbag
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2014, 08:27:24 AM »

Mmmm I think you know where I am coming from. I love that Alexander Wang bag you bought the leather is just too gorgeous. The rainbow hardware is a little young for me at 35 though. I imagine wearing that with black leather skinnies and boots like the 'Chloe' ankle boot in the same leather...

was also eyeing up a Mulberry Primrose in oxblood or a metallic... but it retails at twice the price and although more 'in style' it's quite an ageing design, reminds me of something the Queen would use.  As for the Lana Dey Rey, I'm not at all fussed.

I turn 30 this year, and it's kind of insane - the closer I get to 30, the less I care about looking like a grown-up. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with becoming disabled, one life to live, take nothing for granted, yadda yadda yadda, but really I work from home and there's no need for me to look respectable anymore. So I'm learning to dress to please myself, which really has a lot more teenage goth going on than I like to admit! But I love it.

I do love that Mulberry Primrose, but I agree it can look a bit stuffy in neutral colors - metallic would be amazing!

But what I love about hobbyists/collectors is that they realize everyone has their THING. Some of us have multiple things. And it's lovely, there's no judging here.

(Even on The Purse Forum, people can get really heated over say, Coach bags made from outlet vs. boutique bags. Then someone from LV will hop in and scoff at boutique Coach bags, even through they are shelling out over $1k for coated canvas. It's insane.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2014, 08:47:09 AM »
Yes I find it amazing how well the MLP community works on the whole, and so interesting. I don't have any experience of other collecting communities but this one is just great!

My Alexa arrived by the way and I am thrilled. Melancholia also arrived and yes it is there! The character Claire played by Charlotte Gainsborough does have one :)

I am recently trying to find my style again. I have a lot of affection for goth, also faerie and new romantic influences. I'm want to look grown up and subtly reference these influences at the same time and its very tricky :)

I'm not personally a fan of LV its kinda obvious and I want to try to put my own take on things.  I love the more subtle Hermes designs but both are  totally out of my price range of course! Ideally I want high quality without the label. Mulberry isn't obvious I don't think anyone will really notice.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:00:26 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2014, 09:09:25 AM »
I'm going to pm you a post I wrote on Reddit about aging up a twee/goth style - it can easily apply to your style as well. The trick is to lose the obvious trappings of the style and streamline it.

I will admit to a weakness for the LV Speedy 30 in the blue/cream squares print, but I just like to look at it, I would never carry it. It just doesn't go with my aesthetic. Even some of my Coach bags now are a little too formal, but I won't get rid of them because I know in 10 years I will want them! (I've never liked anything from Hermes or Chanel - the Alexanders [McQueen and Wang] are more my style.)

I do wish I could afford a Celine tote though, but it's way out of my price range, even used. I just love that little robot face!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:47 AM »
I'm going to pm you a post I wrote on Reddit about aging up a twee/goth style - it can easily apply to your style as well. The trick is to lose the obvious trappings of the style and streamline it.

I will admit to a weakness for the LV Speedy 30 in the blue/cream squares print, but I just like to look at it, I would never carry it. It just doesn't go with my aesthetic.

I do wish I could afford a Celine tote though, but it's way out of my price range, even used. I just love that little robot face!

Ok great, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:07:30 AM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2014, 02:23:45 PM »
Yeah...waaaaaay more than I am going to admit here :P My only defence is that these bags were purchased back when I was fortunate enough someone else was picking up the credit card bill :P And the couple of scary expensive ones are those I will be leaving to partypony in my will :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »
The most I've spent was $300 on a Dolce & Gabbana "Micol":

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:46 AM »
I haven't bought many handbags myself but the ones I did, the most expensive are around $55.

The most expensive one I own is my Burberry tote which I think is around $600 according to the internet (don't know how much hubby actually paid as it was a gift and he of course didn't say :)).

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What\'s the most you\'ve ever spent on a handbag
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2014, 11:15:17 AM »
Aaah interesting! I'm finding this all so curiously fascinating  ^.^

My sister's mother-in-law bought hers for her, hers is super nice though and a lot less obvious than my Alexa, it's a light coral colour and I can't even find the design on google images. Ha ha, maybe it's fake  :lol: No I've scoped it and I'm sure it isn't.  Still :haha: just an amusing thought.

Post Merge: July 07, 2014, 11:30:29 AM

The most I've spent was $300 on a Dolce & Gabbana "Micol":

That is a very  :lovey: little evening bag.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:30:30 AM by Artemesia Floc »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal