collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 192 times)

ladyofthenight

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi there!
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:49:29 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm ladyofthenight – you may know me from the Trading Post by the same username. I've wanted to post here on the Arena for months, but I've been through difficult times in my personal life lately, and thus never got around to it until now.

I'm 28, and I've loved everything MLP ever since I was a little girl. I was given my first G1 before I was even old enough to remember. I grew up playing with ponies, and I used to watch Tales at my gran's house every afternoon after school. I also started collecting G2s when I was 11 years old, even though by that age I didn't play with them anymore. Instead, I had them displayed on the desk in my bedroom, and I'd stare at them every night before I fell asleep. I had around 24 ponies in total by the time I was a teenager, when I unfortunately lost my childhood toys.

For a long time I didn't want to get back into collecting, partly because I felt that my old ponies couldn't be replaced, and partly thinking it was a childish fantasy and that I was too old for it. Then in February this year, I decided to buy a G4 – just for the fun of it. The moment I held it in my hands, I knew that I had to collect ponies again. I was instantly addicted to the feeling. Thus, I registered over on the Trading Post, and I've been active on there nearly every day since.

I'm only collecting G4s at the moment, and over the past four months I've accumulated around 30 different ponies, excluding doubles. I don't have a place to display them yet, so for the most part they're lying around in boxes, waiting for me to get a shelf commissioned for them. I hope to finish with G4s before the end of the year, and then start collecting G1s and G2s. I'm not particularly interested in G3s, as I overlooked that entire gen, but there are a few of them that I'd like to get my hands on. I don't think I'll ever have a collection nearly as fantastic as those of some other collectors I've seen online, though, as I'm unemployed and effectively collecting through gifts, donations and the support of my boyfriend... but I'll definitely try! :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:17:55 AM by ladyofthenight »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I remember placing my beloved G1 ponies on my bookshelf when I no longer 'played' with them.  They then spent a bit of time in the wardrobe before I decided I missed them and bought them back out to look at.  It seems ponies are a hard habit to kick!

I am sure you will enjoy the Arena and meeting all of the members, fans and collectors here :frolic:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Welcome to the arena :) Congrats on coming back to the pony world!

I did a poll about collectors age and the biggest group was 22 to 30 then followed by 31 to 40 year olds.

Here is a link to it.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350825.0.html

So your not alone and there is nothing wrong with collecting something that makes you happy :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »
What a great intro! Its great that you had a collection when you were younger and are able to enjoy MLP now through G4 :)

Welcome to the Arena! Have a good time here.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  As long as your collection makes you happy then it is a great collection.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal