collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nurse Redheart Brushable (Walgreens Exclusive) - Being Found Now in Stores  (Read 35355 times)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Re: Nurse Redheart Brushable found! (Walgreens Exclusive)
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
!"£$%&() Another US store exclusive we're unlikely to see  :cry:

You said it... :(

I concur :(
She looks great but WHY does she have to be an exclusive grrr
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »
Ooh, this is very exciting! I'll start daily trolling of my local Walgreens soon. ;)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:21 AM »
It would have made sense to be able to pre-order her at the Fair, as well as SDCC. It's a shame they didn't do that.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »
She is super cute- well the hat I would have rather had be plastic, but cardboard is better than no hat!

So Hasbro thinks they are  pony fans only in the US and UK, I have heard many times here how the mothers and little girls  (non collectors)  complain there's no new ponies    :enraged:

Erm...the UK gets slim pickings, too. We don't even get as many ponies as some other EU countries or Australia :blink: We're not seeing this pony here, either, unless a UK retailer decides to pick her up (and so far, only two US store exclusive lines have been picked up by UK retailers, both at a high mark up from their US releases, too)

Not to defend Hasbro really- but it's not really Hasbro you should be blaming, you should bug your local retailers to pick up the line.  They don't pick which stores sell their product, rather it is the stores that have to buy the line to stock their stores with.   So bug Tesco, ASDA, Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, Hema, C&A... etc.  to carry the things (ponies) that you want to buy at their stores...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »
She is super cute- well the hat I would have rather had be plastic, but cardboard is better than no hat!

So Hasbro thinks they are  pony fans only in the US and UK, I have heard many times here how the mothers and little girls  (non collectors)  complain there's no new ponies    :enraged:

Erm...the UK gets slim pickings, too. We don't even get as many ponies as some other EU countries or Australia :blink: We're not seeing this pony here, either, unless a UK retailer decides to pick her up (and so far, only two US store exclusive lines have been picked up by UK retailers, both at a high mark up from their US releases, too)

Not to defend Hasbro really- but it's not really Hasbro you should be blaming, you should bug your local retailers to pick up the line.  They don't pick which stores sell their product, rather it is the stores that have to buy the line to stock their stores with.   So bug Tesco, ASDA, Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, Hema, C&A... etc.  to carry the things (ponies) that you want to buy at their stores...

Unfortunately this. Exclusives are something agreed between retailer and supplier - the fault lies as much with the retailer buyer as it does with Hasbro. All of these lines will be available to Hasbro subsidiaries across the world...its for retailers to then decide what they want to take.

Am so not loving the little paper hat :( But do like that she is a $5 pony and will admit to thinking it cute a pharmacy is carrying a nurse pony.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »
Yeah, all in all the whole "paper accessory" thing happening again is the only gripe I really have about this. :( Imagine how hard those will be to come by in later years for future collectors!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »
Look at it this way--there are tons of US people who will pick it up and sell it to you.  If this were the 80s, people outside the US wouldn't even know she exists.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2014, 06:23:35 PM »
Look at it this way--there are tons of US people who will pick it up and sell it to you.  If this were the 80s, people outside the US wouldn't even know she exists.

Wow, that never even occurred to me. It really is cool to have a worldwide collecting community that can communicate more or less instantaneously. Makes one wonder what the G1 collecting scene would be like now if the situation had been similar back then.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
Interesting
I want one!!

We have lots of Walgreens and I go out and about a lot too

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2014, 06:44:35 PM »
I'm amused that she's a Walgreen's exclusive.  I might buy her.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
What a perfect pony for a pharmacy.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
Hmm she's pretty cool.  Will have to stalk our Walgreen's this fall, haha.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
i'll be picking up a few for myself (and niece)
if any outside the us what help tracking one down.

Raythebishie

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2014, 07:34:32 PM »
my sister works at walgreens. I am going to have her put one away for me as soon as they are  off the truck

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »

I live in central america so none of any of those store exist here, .....based in  the boxes the stores get their merchendise when they are loading them  (that has a big Hasbro logo)   they get their stock from Hasbro Mexico http://www.hasbro.com/es_MX/corporate/about/Hasbro-de-Mexico.cfm

Employee from stores here tend to be very rude  >_< , I remember asking in the past about some toys in a newspaper add from a store and the employees were really rude about it even saying the pictures were photoshopped and that I was mistaked that they existed , so they were traying to sell me other stuff intead

Unfortunately this. Exclusives are something agreed between retailer and supplier - the fault lies as much with the retailer buyer as it does with Hasbro. All of these lines will be available to Hasbro subsidiaries across the world...its for retailers to then decide what they want to take.

But if is an exclusive that doesn't mean the store has an special contract wit the manufacturer to sell only to them?  :what: 

However that might have to do depending in some cases, since I have seen some  MH dolls who are Target or TRU exclusives at retail here, but they are in the tri-lingual box and don't carry the "only at"  story exclusive label in front
  :shocked:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Merge: July 01, 2014, 08:47:06 PM

Hmmm..so is not just MLP getting Wallgreens exclusive ........ a friend of mine just told me there's also an exclusive figure of Marvel Legends Agent Venom and other of Boba Fett white version from Black Series http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=15563  :whoa:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:49:10 PM by Sapphire-Light »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal